3-Leafed plant. Was 5 now 3. What happened?

• Thread starter Joey518
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Joey518

Joey518

Hey everyone. So I've been growing indoors for a few months now and something happened that I've, personally, haven't seen yet. This plant, that has been growing with 3 others of same strain, seemed to have stalled in growth progress, then after a few rounds of nutes, and a little patience, it seemed to start producing a lot of veg again. But all new veg is 3 leaves only. Check pic..there is literally not a single leaf on this entire plant that is not 3-leaf. The plant was growing healthy, then I think I may have over pruned it a little bit and may have slightly shocked it. 5-leaf structures were visible through first weeks of veg now none.
3 leafed plant was 5 now 3 what happened

3 leafed plant was 5 now 3 what happened 2
3 leafed plant was 5 now 3 what happened 3
3 leafed plant was 5 now 3 what happened 4
3 leafed plant was 5 now 3 what happened 5
Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
Make sure all light leaks are handled too, that happens a lot when there is an inconsistency in lighting somehow. Even a closed zipper on some tents leak, to space under a door, a window anything. Shit even the light from a power strip.

Z

Zill

Joey,

The number of Cannabis leaflets making up a leaf is dependent on age.

As the cannabis plant matures, the number of leaf fingers on a leaf changes. Generally, most are familiar with the signature 7-point leaf, but cannabis plant leaves can have between one and 13 leaf fingers, depending on various factors.

Immature cannabis have fewer leaflets. As it goes through its vegetative stage and flowering stage, the leaf finger number grows with it.

F.Dupp

F.Dupp

At some point the plant was induced into flower and is trying to revert back to the vegetative state. Try leaving it under a slightly dimmer light 24/7 for a few days to assist it in doing so. I'm not able to see any female pre flowers when zooming in on my phone. Are you sure of the plants sex?

And check you light timers and make sure your vegging plants are getting at least 18 hours of light per cycle. Then you won't have this problem.

Top Bottom