3 plant Set up

• Thread starter Apache69
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Widowmaker

Widowmaker

No, not yet. My room is framed and I am waiting for my buddy to wire every thing in.

Cheers,

My questions are lighting and spacing in nature. What strain or strains are you planning to grow, size being my concern? Is the 2K lighting limit at this time because of electrical limitations, cooling, budget , all of the above?
:icon_spin:

Apache69

Apache69

My questions are lighting and spacing in nature. What strain or strains are you planning to grow, size being my concern? Is the 2K lighting limit at this time because of electrical limitations, cooling, budget , all of the above?

The strain I am planning on running is Kaboom from TGA or Bubba Kush. I am leaning towards Bubba as for that is what Doubleds recommends for the new grower. I have 5 kaBooms in a gallon pot under CFL's for the past month and need to get them under some real light. They are in soil now, will I be able to transfer them over to the mpb bucket style? Wash the soil away first etc? or should I go with a Bubba Clone?

My room is 8'X12' 9'

The 2K lights is limited by electrical limitations. For now. I will upgrade my main panel mid summer. My electrician will set my room for 6 1K's with a little extra but for now I can only run 2K's. I don't think the wife will let me shut the hot tub off to run my room...with 6 lights... haha

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

And thank you for the awesome Cad drawings!

Cheers,

Apache69

Apache69

Lost, I tried to respond to your PM but I got

As you are a new user, you may only send private messages to administrators. You may not send this message to the following recipient(s):
Lost
Please remove them from the recipient list.

Thanks for the heads up!

Apache69

Apache69

I want to thank everyone for their help. I hope everyone has a great Valentines day.

Cheers,

Apache~

Apache69

Apache69

Ok guys, I finally got the skin on my room and door in. I hooked up one 1K hps and it runs fine so I figured that I would hook up my other 1K HPS and everything runs fine also. My electrician buddy was telling me that my current set up will not support the two lights. I figured that if it was too much then it would pop my breaker but no problem so far.

Actually my room is too cold and I had to add a heater to keep it around 67-75. My humidity is about 45%. Is this humidity ideal or should i go more or less? I hear conflicting views.

Thanks guys,

Widowmaker

Widowmaker

Ok guys, I finally got the skin on my room and door in. I hooked up one 1K hps and it runs fine so I figured that I would hook up my other 1K HPS and everything runs fine also. My electrician buddy was telling me that my current set up will not support the two lights. I figured that if it was too much then it would pop my breaker but no problem so far.

Actually my room is too cold and I had to add a heater to keep it around 67-75. My humidity is about 45%. Is this humidity ideal or should i go more or less? I hear conflicting views.

Thanks guys,

You may want to make sure that your breakers are not frozen, by turning them off and on. When it’s off check to see how much stuff is connected to that breaker and add it up. Is it a 20 or 15 AMP breaker? Do the math; most stuff lights, fans, etc. have labels that call out how much power they pull. To get watts take amps x 120 volts= watts (20x120=2400 watts).

Have not had a lot of experience growing but when your plants get bigger they will produce humidity. My room has been running between72*-83*and 49%-84% RH the last weeks. My Black Widows are in the 9th week and look great. Branches are bending under the weight of the buds. I’ve seen humidity change from 10% to 90% in Southern CAL over a short time so controlling humidty is tough. Was concerned about high humidity (mold and ??) but with a big a charcoal filter, lots of air movement and healthy plants I think we’re going to be fine. Have read Krusty of Krusty Buckets fame, Jalisco Kid and others say high humidity was a good thing. When I’m concerned about the humidity being too high I open the vent for the heating and air conditioning system and turn just the fan on and blow the water out. Screwed up one night and left the vent open and the heater came on in the morning and burned the tips of some of their leaves. Didn’t seem to be a problem they are going through a last little growth spurt then its chop chop time. Enjoy your girls it’s a fun hobby.

L

Lost

How many 1K hps can you run on a 20amp dedicated breaker?

running 120 or 220?

1 maybe 2 if you push it at 20 amps. your not supposed to load the circut that hard tho. Your only supposed to load it to 80% A 1k is 9.5-10 amps at 120 and around 5 at 240 volts. You could do 3 at 240 safely :)

Apache69

Apache69

I would set the plants up in a triangle so that 2 plants would get 2 lights and 1 plant would get 1 light. I hope my x o pattern comes through on here x= plants o= lights

.............x
..........o.....o
.......x.....x.....

I ended up running with this set up. My room is sealed but no insulation and the temps range from 86-63 through out the day. Is this too much of a swing in temp? The Rh is about 35%-40%. I have to make this run in soil until the next time but my 2 1K hps are hung vert and naked as the day is long!

Cheers,

B

Boots Sugarleaf

I ended up running with this set up. My room is sealed but no insulation and the temps range from 86-63 through out the day. Is this too much of a swing in temp? The Rh is about 35%-40%. I have to make this run in soil until the next time but my 2 1K hps are hung vert and naked as the day is long!

Cheers,

On this lay out would you use 600 watters on the out side two?

if using soil I would go with the two thouies and add a few more plants for this run. A figure 8 around the bulbs with more plants will work great, the number of plants dictated by how big you plan to veg em before flip, something like this:

xxxx xxxx
x 0 x 0 x
xxxx xxxx

Widowmaker

Widowmaker

Boots,
Apache69 has a 3 plant limit...at least its legal.....

Apache69,
Did you figure your electrical out. How many amps do you have to work with? 600w would be good as the Gurus say light = growth. It also = heat, electric bills & rock hard budz!!

B

Boots Sugarleaf

Boots,

I missed that, sorry bout that. well still, 3 in 30 gallon grow bags will rock too, just veg em big, my main point was vert does work well with soil too

C

cacamal

No, not yet. My room is framed and I am waiting for my buddy to wire every thing in.

Cheers,

I would run 3 600w instead of 2 1000w. You will be able to place the lights closer with the 600s getting more bang for your buck. How long are you going to veg the 3?

Apache69

Apache69

Boots,

Apache69,
Did you figure your electrical out. How many amps do you have to work with? 600w would be good as the Gurus say light = growth. It also = heat, electric bills & rock hard budz!!

I have two 20 amp 110 dedicated outlets that I am running the two 1K hps with so far.

I missed that, sorry bout that. well still, 3 in 30 gallon grow bags will rock too, just veg em big, my main point was vert does work well with soil too

I had to put these into flower on the 20th of Feb. Since I can only have 7 plants total, 3 flowering and 4 unknown, I need to take 4 clones of these three and veg them until I can use them in an outdoor grow this summer.

I transplanted the 3 from 1 gallon pots into 5 gallon pots with ocean forest before I started them in flowering.

Can I transplant them into larger pots mid flowering? If I can, what size should I step it up to? And when?

I would run 3 600w instead of 2 1000w. You will be able to place the lights closer with the 600s getting more bang for your buck. How long are you going to veg the 3?

I already have 2 1K HPS lights running right now. They are already in flowering...I kind of put the cart in fornt of the horse.

Thanks guys for all the advice!

A~

Apache69

Apache69

Also, How close are you guys lights to your plants? I have them about 17" from the center of the bulb to the edge of the plant.

Thanks!

Widowmaker

Widowmaker

Also, How close are you guys lights to your plants? I have them about 17" from the center of the bulb to the edge of the plant.

Thanks!

8" is the closest with a bare 1000w hps that I've heard of. Mine is water cooled and I’ve got buds that have grown to 6” of the bulb. It’s important that the distance is closed over time. Also the brightest light comes from the very center of the lamp. So with a vertical lamp 90 degrees or horizontal of center is going to be the brightest area. The angle of the light off center changes the brightness.
Plan to make extensive light measurements after the next harvest to plot out brightness of bare lamp verses water cooled with and without reflectors. Would like to get my hands on a cool tube or sun tube to determine how the cylindrical glass affects intensity and angles of dispersion. Also how the reflector affects the brightness and coverage angles.

Top Bottom