3 Plants 6 Sq Ft Close To Flower - What Would You Do?

• Thread starter Gardenholic
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Gardenholic

Gardenholic

You are going to have some massive buds by the look of things.
I'm sorry, I'm sure it's in your thread, but how much was it to build your cob set up?
I hope they fatten up nicely over the next 5-6 weeks! All together it was around $400. This is my first grow so I don't really know what I'm expecting. Comparing to other pictures from the same time frame, everything seems to be just about right.

justiceman

justiceman

I hope they fatten up nicely over the next 5-6 weeks! All together it was around $400. This is my first grow so I don't really know what I'm expecting. Comparing to other pictures from the same time frame, everything seems to be just about right.
Its going really well. Those cobs sure are impressive.

Gardenholic

Gardenholic

They look like they gonna be big, likey likey... check down below canopy and remove any larf that's not getting light.
There are a few tiny budspots that have already started budding with lots of pistils down below, that are going to be completely in the dark when colas fill in. What is the latest into flowering I should cut anything off?

Gardenholic

Gardenholic

You should do it now...plus check every now and then to remove any new growth.
Strip everything down below...give her a good Brazilian...lol.
I will give her a good leg shaving. I also think I'm going to switch to distilled water until I can get an RO pump. There is a lot of white sediment in my water when I let it evaporate, and I think this is building up in my soil over time and giving me problems. I am going to top dress with bloom nutes tonight and flush with distilled water. I'm just wondering if I should add cal mag or not. I used elemental (root organics cal mag) as a top dress when I watered 3 days ago, but the problem still seems to be there.

I don't want to lose these babies halfway through flower! I'll post pics when the lights come back on

Gardenholic

Gardenholic

You should do it now...plus check every now and then to remove any new growth.
Strip everything down below...give her a good Brazilian...lol.
So hard to cut off buds! I guess they won't amount to much after it's all said and done, but it's still tough! Much easier to cut it off when's it's just stem and leaves LOL

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
So hard to cut off buds! I guess they won't amount to much after it's all said and done, but it's still tough! Much easier to cut it off when's it's just stem and leaves LOL

It's easy after you find out how much energy those nothing buds suck up. When it could be diverted up top.

Gardenholic

Gardenholic

How's that :)!
IMG 3536

Bannacis

Bannacis

Those look real nice...:D
That white sediment could be calcium. when dry is it chalky? ...so adding more cal might not be so good idea...?
try not to add things too hasty... sometimes that can cause worse problems. give her time to adjust to the new water.

Gardenholic

Gardenholic

Those look real nice...:D
That white sediment could be calcium. when dry is it chalky? ...so adding more cal might not be so good idea...?
try not to add things too hasty... sometimes that can cause worse problems. give her time to adjust to the new water.
Yep, I'm actually thinking it's too much of something in the well water causing the problem. Very chalky and white and most likely locking out nutrients the plant actually needs. I'm going to continue to use the distilled and give it a week or so and see how they adjust.

Gardenholic

Gardenholic

I finally think I've come to the source of my problem. After contacting root naturals directly and talking with other online, it looks like I've been mixing the nutrients wrong all along.

I have been checking the ph of the water before adding the nutrients and shaking them every few hours for 12-24 hours until feed time without readjusting the ph. *eyeroll* For some reason, I was under the impression that the organic nutrients were self balancing in regards to ph.

I went ahead and did what I should have done at the start, and pull the trigger on a decent quality digital ph tester, digital TDS tester, 4 airstones and a 60-100 gallon Tetra pump.

Now I feel like I'm doing things right. I will make sure that my well water is ok with the digital TDS meter. From there, I'll mix and aerate the solution for 24 hours and use the new ph meter to adjust the mixed solution to 6.2-6.5.

I am going to water one more time with plain water just enough to get a little runoff and see what kind of ph I'm working with in the soil.

Hopefully I'm on the right track here to get some major oxygen down to the roots and figure out if my well water is actually ok as well as if I've been feeding acidic or basic nutrient solution all along

Bannacis

Bannacis

sounds like your on the right track. remember to keep it simple, less is more...feed lightly until, if all is good do not fix or change things. and if you do adjust something in your garden, that means from environment to nutrients only do one at a time. If something goes wrong or your plant shows symptoms of a sort...it will be easier to know what,when and why.
Always monitor well water. Its properties will change due to Mother nature. rain and drought will alter it.

Gardenholic

Gardenholic

sounds like your on the right track. remember to keep it simple, less is more...feed lightly until, if all is good do not fix or change things. and if you do adjust something in your garden, that means from environment to nutrients only do one at a time. If something goes wrong or your plant shows symptoms of a sort...it will be easier to know what,when and why.
Always monitor well water. Its properties will change due to Mother nature. rain and drought will alter it.
Thanks for all the help! The package is not supposed to be here until tomorrow and the plants were dry tonight. I went with a mixture of distilled and well water with a ph of 6.5. Since the runoff was clear, My drops came in handy, and to my surprise the runoff was 7, which means the soil was well over. I adjusted another gallon of water down to 6 and split it between the two plants.

Tomorrow I will have everything I need to accurately. check the PPM and the ph of the nutrient solution. Hopefully over the next week I get the soil down to where it needs to be and they can really flourish for the last 3-5 weeks!

Critical Kush colas are starting to lean and today is Day 28!
IMG 3615

visajoe1

visajoe1

that critical kush is looking great! thats a good thing you picked up a tds and ph meter. i wouldnt worry too much about trying to change your soil condition right now, they look fine. Just make sure what you put in going forward is right where you want it. if there was problems in the soil, you would see it, and they look very happy. keep up the good work!

Gardenholic

Gardenholic

that critical kush is looking great! thats a good thing you picked up a tds and ph meter. i wouldnt worry too much about trying to change your soil condition right now, they look fine. Just make sure what you put in going forward is right where you want it. if there was problems in the soil, you would see it, and they look very happy. keep up the good work!
Critical Kush definitely looks better than the blue Dream, and her runoff was also slightly less than 7, whereas the Blue Dream was a little over. Here is the Blue dream and the browning that is causing the panic.
IMG 3623

As you can see the top two nodes of all the colas are showing this brown spotting and yellowing that also showed up on the male jack Herer just before culling.

The TDS meter came today, and I'm happy to say my well water is only 69 PPM, so it's most likely not the problem. I also used my new digital ph pen to test both my local distilled and well water, which also showed 6.5.

SO, with all this being said, it looks like mixing the large list of ingredients from the root organics Master's pack without proper aeration may have caused the solution to drift up and over 7. I will check the ph of the solution before and after mixing, and make sure I get it down around 6 again.

Hopefully this time when I test the runoff, I'm finally getting down under 6.8. The bottom half of the plant is healthy and thriving, but the top half took a beating

visajoe1

visajoe1

i see said the blind man. i think you figured it out, its likely a ph issue. looks like ca deficiency, and with a high ph, it would get locked out. nice catch

Gardenholic

Gardenholic

i see said the blind man. i think you figured it out, its likely a ph issue. looks like ca deficiency, and with a high ph, it would get locked out. nice catch
I can't take credit! It took going to Root Naturals directly to figure out that even though it's all organic inputs, the ph can fluctuate drastically after mixing, especially without aeration.

Lbgrower

Lbgrower

I did more research and it definitely isn't tobacco mosoaic. Looks like severe calcium deficency. Can calcium be locked out from overwatering or overfeeding?

Have you got root rot? Looks to me like you need to start letting those pots dry up more. In soil you want the pot to go almost dry all the way. I've had flowering plants wilt several times from drought during their 8 weeks and still pack on mayjor weight and quality.

gwheels

gwheels

Bad PH will fuck your grow right up. I have a blue pen and a TDS meter and since i started actively caring about this my grow has exploded and there is no more yellowing. I think it is the number 1 newb mistake to think you just add nutes to water and hope for the best. Dial that shit in and you will have some awesome growing. I am a newb but I learned through 2 auto grows how not to do things.

Even with my crappy learning experience (no education is free) I got 8 zips of quality weed from my last grow. Even when you fuck it up you can get good weed !!!

I got this autopot system which fixed my overwatering problem and dialing in 13 gallons is way easier than dialing in 1 gallon. I seem to be unable to control feeding and watering with a jug so this bottom feed system really mitigated my problems. It is like feeding my pug dog that dog would never stop eating and I have to feed her what she needs not what I think she wants.
4 plants have filled 3 X 4 of my 4 X 4 tent and the other foot is a fan and reservoir. :). I posted the pic because if i can do this YOU can do it too :)

Many of the experts on here can hand water but I am a watertard so I can not.

IT was well worth the 300 bucks canadian i spent on the autopots but if you are good at stuff you can do it yourself. It is like an autofeed hempy.

I am so fucking stoked at my grow this round you have no idea :p

IMG 20170316 205030
Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom