3 scrog sites under 6k Plus more

• Thread starter ScrOGer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

ScrOGer

3 scrog sites under 6k Plus DIY U/C hybrid

Well it's about time for me to get the rig back up and running. Been helping other patients the past couple years with their set ups, and I don't have any "Day Job" contracts for the next few months (so far). So it looks like I will have the time to focus on my own flowers.

This is the first post so far, with more to come. I will continue to post the construction and the building of my DIY hydro system, until the room is ready to rock and roll. Then I will do a separate journal on the 1st round.

The space is much like a 3 car garage. It's light tight, insulated, and lined with panda film on walls and ceilings. Might line the floor with a pond liner, and make sure to have a nice high flashing on the ground to hte walls. maybe 10", in case of accidental flooding. but I do have 2 drains in this space, so I may not have to...

Here's the breakdown or "legend" for the pic below.

1. 6'x6' Veg room (Air Cooled and exhausted by a 600cfm Fan and passive intake)

2. 4'x2' Clone table with 2 shelves (2 DIY 35 site EZ CLoners under an 8 bulb 4'x2' T5 fixture on top shelf & the bottom shelf has room for several trays w/ domes for seedling germination/propagation. power outlets for heat mats (if needed) and additional floro tubes)

3. 4'x4' Dry & Cure room: Space for hanging branches, hanging dry racks (collapsible drying racks) & storing jars. (their is power for a 1 or 2 small oscillating fans and a cheap hanging light, so I can see when I am in there)

4. 6'H x 30"W 3 level shelf for nutes, tools, and small supplies like rockwool 2" cubes etc...

5. 2x 32 or 45 Gallon plastic trash cans w/ lids, plumbed with float valves, off of a "Y" split, coming from the Growonix R/O Machine. The cans are on wheeled carts, for easy mobility, if needed. But I will be running a pump from the can to each rez, one at a time to do daily top offs and nute add backs.

6. Growonix 2:1 300Gpd R/O filter

7. 4'x10' ScrOG site

8. 4'x10' ScrOG site

9. 4'x10' ScrOG site

10. 24,000 BTU Analog/Mech A/C (dehumidifier placed next to the A/C) not shown on drawing. My bad!

11. Doors (entry and exit)

12. 8" intake fan

13. CANFAN Filter 150 connected to a MAXFAN 14" mounted high near ceiling.
(The red lines show direction of exhausted air, running from the filter/fan thru the hoods, on it's way to another 8" fan that will continue to aid in drawing the air out.)

14. 8" fan connected to a "Y" fitting

15. Honeywell wall mounted 10" quiet fans for circulation etc..

16. Raptor 8" Hoods, with 1000w HPS bulbs, connected to dimmable Digi ballasts (intelichipped). The ballasts are mounted above the ceiling of the flower room.

the 2nd pic is a quick drawing i made to show the hydro system, that will be below the screen. the screens, btw, will be made from either wood frames and 2" chicken wire, or PVC and 2" chicken wire.

Please do not chime in on DIY U/C costs comparisons. I will make three of these 10 bucket (20 plants) for the same price as an 8 bucket system from U/C. What I make, is simply a juiced up RDWC.

The blue lines indicate the direction of the water current. The pipes connecting are 2" PVC, with uniseals. There is a cut off valve at the "T", and one before the pump. Planning on setting up a cut off valve between 1 bucket on each side. This way if i need to expand or decrease the amount of buckets, i can without draining the whole system. I will only need to drain 1 bucket on each side.

****Note*****
I will also run a smaller water pump from the epicenter/rez and top feed all the buckets via 1/2" tubing and "t" connectors. this way i still feed the tap root and the water falling thru the hydrotron rocks will begin to aerate, and the will drip back into the bucket, breaking the surface tension of the water. Break surface tension equals NO algae!!! I might not get all the bubbles from having expensive difusers and airstones and a pricey huge pump to power all 60 buckets, but my buckets will aerated and be stable root zones. Those 18gallon totes will have a root mass that is soo big, they would barely fit into an empty CANFAN 8" box (2.5 cu ft)

more to come later. I probably forgot to mention some things, so chime in with ?s or comments/ It can only help.

EDIT: EACH SITE WILL HAVE 1 STRAIN. SO FAR IT'S WiFi, Jack Herrer & Ken's cut of GDP (hopefully! I need to see if they are verified before.) If not GDP, I will try something new.

thanks!

New grow out layout
20 site uc
S

ScrOGer

No thoughts? I have questions about types of insulation. should I do the insulation boards, or do the fiberglass like stuff and then seal the wall with a vapor barrier and then panda film? will that work?

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Whats you outside environment like? I'm deep hot ass south. My room is in a garage. I have R-Tek board for the inner walls. Spray foam on the outside and ceiling. Bout 115 in my garage. 88 in the room with nothing on. I'm saying that combo rocks. I can get my room down to 60 with 5 lights and a burner running no problem. A/C still kicks on and off.

S

ScrOGer

How many plants per 1000 watter?

10 plants
1 plant for every 2 square feet.

Whats you outside environment like? I'm deep hot ass south. My room is in a garage. I have R-Tek board for the inner walls. Spray foam on the outside and ceiling. Bout 115 in my garage. 88 in the room with nothing on. I'm saying that combo rocks. I can get my room down to 60 with 5 lights and a burner running no problem. A/C still kicks on and off.

I am coastal. cool evenings and mild afternoons. It rarely gets above 77 in august. lows in the mid sixties. average year High temps here are 68-69F

I appreciate any suggestions as I have always used dedicated rooms, and i have only help build smaller dedicated rooms. SO this is my first larger scale grow. I have assisted in a warehouse grow for a collective in the SF bay area, but that warehouse was already built.

I fear i dont have enough intake. I'm using a 747 cfm fan. I'm wondering if I should just cut holes and make it passive, and move that fan into the veg room.

I'm also thinking about closing off the flower room from everything else, with some panda film and make zip-doors. Or just frame it out and add a cheap door.

K

krondikebar

that looks like a bangin plan. Throw some pictures up when you get all that up and running, I would love to see it. :banana1sv6:

S

ScrOGer

that looks like a bangin plan. Throw some pictures up when you get all that up and running, I would love to see it. :banana1sv6:

I will update as the build out gains momentum, for sure. And perhaps a journal to go with the first run.

thanks for the kind words, Krondikebar

Top Bottom