3 ton mini split help

• Thread starter purplover83
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

purplover83

is this normal?

hi guys i just finished building my garden and it seems like my 3ton frostbox is running and stopping way to much...it runs for 5 minutes and completely cools my room then stops for 5 minutes and it does this all day and night....is there any way i can tweak with the thermostat.. or maybe run higher temps since im running co2..

i think i properly sized it... im not sure if venting the lights would help but the tech support said i oversized the unit and at this point i shouldnt vent the fans but add more so the unit can stay on longer...even during the lights out period it still comes on every 5 minutes...

at one point the tech support said this is normal

its a sealed room with 6 1000w lights non vented with a cap c02 generator propane
70 pint dehumidifier and a fan with a charcoal filter on all the time
the room is 18ftx12ftx10ft and i built it in my garage with insulation and plywood. i set the daytime temperature to 79 and night temps at 72

is it normal for the ac unit to turn on and off so frequently? should i add more lights? or should i vent the lights now

any help will be greatly appreciated

blazer

blazer

Maybe a bad thermostat location if vent is blowing on it or something .try setting at 75° dont sound really oversized for what you are running,but thats how it sounds like the unit is acting.

P

purplover83

hey blazer thanks im gonna try to move some stuff around

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

is this normal?

hi guys i just finished building my garden and it seems like my 3ton frostbox is running and stopping way to much...it runs for 5 minutes and completely cools my room then stops for 5 minutes and it does this all day and night....is there any way i can tweak with the thermostat.. or maybe run higher temps since im running co2..

i think i properly sized it... im not sure if venting the lights would help but the tech support said i oversized the unit and at this point i shouldnt vent the fans but add more so the unit can stay on longer...even during the lights out period it still comes on every 5 minutes...

at one point the tech support said this is normal

its a sealed room with 6 1000w lights non vented with a cap c02 generator propane
70 pint dehumidifier and a fan with a charcoal filter on all the time
the room is 18ftx12ftx10ft and i built it in my garage with insulation and plywood. i set the daytime temperature to 79 and night temps at 72

is it normal for the ac unit to turn on and off so frequently? should i add more lights? or should i vent the lights now

any help will be greatly appreciated

I don't think your unit is oversized but your tstat maybe too close to cold air blowing on it.

P

purplover83

hey cannabis john whats up hey my air handler is on the other side of the room and my thermostat is on the opposite wall ...hey im up here in the bayarea...is there a way i can contact you for some help..thanks

Budzillah

Budzillah

Your unit is oversized. It needs a heat load so it can run. Add more lights or get a smaller unit.

Bubblehaze

Bubblehaze

Its running just like its supposed to. I have quite a few splits myself. There is nothing wrong . They run a little different than a home unit as far as on and off times. Doesn't matter if its more btu than you need. what calculation says that? You have enough ac to do more lights if you want but you are fine. Just because its running doesn't mean the compressor is on that whole time its mostly fan. Yes running it above 80 below 85 is supposed to help your co2 uptake. Remember it could say 79 on your wall and be 85 on your leafs .

Top Bottom