3 verts vs 4 horizontal what do you think

• Thread starter cheech
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

cheech

wanted to get some feedback from you guys.

i had mentioned the possibility of going from vertical to horizontal in one of my rooms, but was suggested that it would be a step in the wrong direction.

one of my bedrooms is so damn small that i can really only fit 3 vertical lights in it. now the plants are doing great, but since my other larger bedroom has 4 vertical lights, and i'm running a flip flop i figured hey i'll just buy 4 super sun 2's for the small room and compare horizontal to vertical yield myself.

now i'm wondering if it is even worth it to replace the 3 vert lights with 4 horizontal lights. do you think 4 horizontal lights can out yield 3 vert? *please don't reply if you know what your doing then... let's assume that i don't and that the similar growing knowledge/techniques will be applied in both rooms. :).. well not entirely true, the vert plants will veg vert and the horizontal plants would veg horizontal.

if any of you have any first hand knowledge in this please chime in. thanks

B

Blackthumb

wanted to get some feedback from you guys.

one of my bedrooms is so damn small that i can really only fit 3 vertical lights in it. now the plants are doing great, but since my other larger bedroom has 4 vertical lights, and i'm running a flip flop i figured hey i'll just buy 4 super sun 2's for the small room and compare horizontal to vertical yield myself.

Why not just do as you said and run this test yourself.
Sometimes people use vertical bulbs in an open enviorment and waste alot of energy.

Then some people enclose there plants around a bulb and trap all the light for those plants specifically.

In an open room we have witnessed some awesome grows that inspire us to want.

But the only problem is does that persons situation mimmick yours and will you be so lucky.

I know you asked for people with experience to reply and im sorry for adding my input.
I Just believe that in your situation you wont know unless you try, part of learning is the journey and if you skip the learning process then you lose the experience as well.

Best of luck

C

cheech

it's ok i appreciate the response anyways. i ordered and now have the super sun 2's and a blockbuster to veg the plants under, but now i'm thinking i should just stick with the 3 vert lights. at least till i get the blockbuster set up and can start vegging a batch of plants horizontally from the beginning. i am emulating krunch bubbles grows on icmag. rooms are 10x9 and 12x10. i'm cooling with ac and supplementing with co2.

anyone feel free to tell me what you would do and why, no experience needed.

J

jaybuds

I think vertical really shines with the bigger plants you get nice buds on the entire plant that you just don't with horizontal but it seems highly unnecessary and almost counter productive to use a vertical setup with smaller plants.

B

bubbakush714

I do vertical grows with adjustable tiers/levels as your plants grow bigger.

C

cheech

I do vertical grows with adjustable tiers/levels as your plants grow bigger.

yea if i could i would do it that way. i did a stadium grow with 2 600's and 1 1000 that yielded over 3 lbs.

unfortunately i can only grow 48 plants now, so between two flowering rooms i can only keep 10 plants in both rooms if i want to have 20 in veg and some moms and extra veg plants to replace those that might not make it.

the plants that i put in the flower room are 2-3' tall. i'm going to run that 2nd room with the reflectors, and focus on bushing 10 plants out to fill the whole room.

Top Bottom