3 Week VEG plants won’t grow in height at all

• Thread starter MysteryPerson6969
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

MysteryPerson6969

Hello everyone I currently need help with my vegs plants. I’ve been growing for alittle over 3 years but I’ve never came across a situation like this. My veg plants are not growing vertically no matter what I do. I set the light percentage from 50 to 80 percent, I flushed many times, I upped the ppm but anything I do its not growing vertically but getting bushier. This is currently week 3 in veg and are a-little over 8 inches in height.

Room conditions:
-3 fans on low
-Co2 at 800
-LED Lights are 2 feet away from the plants and are at 80 percent
-82 degree
-70% humidity

Strain : lemon cherry gelato

and I’m sure that I did not accidentally give a grow stopper like phosphoload which was what I was thinking.
Please help!!!!

3 week veg plants wont grow in height at all
M

MysteryPerson6969

If the light is set to 80% there is no reason for them to keep growing vertically. I would turn it down if anything. JMO

Those leaves looked stressed , especially the tops. You’re gonna cook ‘em
Thank you very much for the advice I just turned down the lights to the Lowest level

Pilted

Pilted

Info to help you with your lighting.

There is an app, photone for Android users it's free to use as it's still in beta, but for iphone users it's a paid app.

This app uses your selfie camera to measure the ppfd (light intensity) it has eliminated any light issues for me personally and it's free.

Great tool to have in you arsenal.

Hope it helps.

Trash_2002

Trash_2002

way to hot personally..low to mid 70s at these early growth stages..82 is bordering stress!!!
He is using LEDs tho, i would be in the 78f-80f range for vegging, they love it.
I agree it's too much light, but depends if he wanna bushier or taller plants tho he can steer it how he want it, cultivar will dictate a lot too.

Trash_2002

Trash_2002

Info to help you with your lighting.

There is an app, photone for Android users it's free to use as it's still in beta, but for iphone users it's a paid app.

This app uses your selfie camera to measure the ppfd (light intensity) it has eliminated any light issues for me personally and it's free.

Great tool to have in you arsenal.

Hope it helps.
always calibrate it to your light ppfd chart to be more accurate ;-)

Trash_2002

Trash_2002

If the light is set to 80% there is no reason for them to keep growing vertically. I would turn it down if anything. JMO

Those leaves looked stressed , especially the tops. You’re gonna cook ‘em
been there done that ROFL 🔥🔥🔥

M

MysteryPerson6969

He is using LEDs tho, i would be in the 78f-80f range for vegging, they love it.
I agree it's too much light, but depends if he wanna bushier or taller plants tho he can steer it how he want it, cultivar will dictate a lot too.
I want my plants to be taller what can I make that happen since it’s already bushy

SchwiftyGrower

SchwiftyGrower

Supporter
I want my plants to be taller what can I make that happen since it’s already bushy

Light intensity: Cannabis plants tend to stretch when they receive lower light levels. If the plants are exposed to high-intensity light throughout their growth, they may not stretch as much. Consider adjusting the distance between the light source and the plants or using lower-intensity lighting during the flowering stage.

Light spectrum: Certain light spectrums, such as those with a higher ratio of blue light, can promote stretch in cannabis plants. Using a light spectrum with a higher ratio of red light during the flowering stage may help control stretching.

Environmental conditions: Factors like temperature, humidity, and airflow can influence plant growth. If the environmental conditions are not optimal for stretching, the plants may exhibit limited vertical growth.

Trash_2002

Trash_2002

Light intensity: Cannabis plants tend to stretch when they receive lower light levels. If the plants are exposed to high-intensity light throughout their growth, they may not stretch as much. Consider adjusting the distance between the light source and the plants or using lower-intensity lighting during the flowering stage.

Light spectrum: Certain light spectrums, such as those with a higher ratio of blue light, can promote stretch in cannabis plants. Using a light spectrum with a higher ratio of red light during the flowering stage may help control stretching.

Environmental conditions: Factors like temperature, humidity, and airflow can influence plant growth. If the environmental conditions are not optimal for stretching, the plants may exhibit limited vertical growth.
👆 this!!!
raise lights to ~3 feet, lower lights intensity to ~60%
how strong are those LEDs you using? 480w+?
cheers

Trash_2002

Trash_2002

they have some different types but all comercial leds.. they should be pretty strong for sure.. 3feet at 60% they will deliver for veg.
If it's that little square LEDs from them that's marketed as the direct replacement for DE hps it could be 4feet+ tho that one has a different footprint and if I'm not mistaken it has optics to concentrate light and spread equal to a 1000w gavita DE.

If it's the bar style LEDs from them 3feet should be ok.
Cheers

Top Bottom