3 weeks on veg and problems with slow growth, maybe disease

• Thread starter kushbee
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

kushbee

I have been using ebb flo hydro for years but just started having problems like the plants caught some disease. Not sure if its pythium or what. Can someone please help. I have tried to sterilize using 35% H2o2 at a ratio of 2 cups for a 50 gal res. Also been cleaning meter and equipment with 91% Isopropyl Alcohol. Im not sure what the issue is, clones looked great but once in system they started showing signs of stress.

Img 1384 copyjpg

Img 1387 copyjpg

alstotter

alstotter

Do you experience PH swings ? Your showing multiple defs , but you mentioned your experience is in the years categorie so I assume your ph'ing your water initially but what about a day later or so maybe to check ppms and ph of your reservoir ?

Hopefully someone with better eyesight and experience can chime in but that's my GUESS, is ph swings with the plants taking up water and not the all the correct amounts of nutrient and excess of others. Once again my GUESS

K

kushbee

Yes been keeping Ph between 5 and 6, sometimes it gets a little out but not soo much as to cause this I don't think, I'm thinking its pythium but not sure. Would appreciate any ones help for diagnosis.

Thanks

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
what are the temps of your res? whats the ppms going in and then in a few days? what nutes are you using? R/O or tap water?

K

kushbee

The water temps are 75 - 78, I will be adding a chiller soon. The EC is 1.9 - 2.0. I was on GH nutes but have recently switched to advanced nutes. Did an H202 flush then went back to regular nutes. Also running hygrozyme.

K

kushbee

Nutes stay the same after a few days. Ph is slowly climbing.

M

moneyorlove

mine looked like that skinny and weak turns out i had mites they looked clean and they grew slowly but as they slowly grew the mites grew even faster eventually i could see them.

good luck

JayBee

JayBee

International Toker
Supporter
Could be bugs in the roots too... fungus nats or root aphids... also bring down the ec to 1.5 if they are stressing out and having issues 2.0 is probably too high concentration... How about the medium? Flushed well before planting?

hiboy

hiboy

Bugs are def. a serious possibility. Pull some leaves and inspect closely. Mites make the plant suffer, sucking out the life. New growth is small, existing leaves are hurting
h

H

HolyMunchies

that looks an awful lot like a lockout on new growth and with the dark green veins, burnt tips, and edges. Flush the hell out of them with pure water imo.

Latest posts

Top Bottom