3 WEEKS TO GO PLEASE HELP!

• Thread starter Royalflush50
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Royalflush50

Royalflush50

Hi guys my girls have 3 weeks until harvest and I've found mites! They are on the leaves and are now showing white spots. Still no mites on the buds as of yet! What would be the most effective thing to do at this stage?
Thanks in advance 😁

3 weeks to go please help
3 weeks to go please help 2
BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Hi guys my girls have 3 weeks until harvest and I've found mites! They are on the leaves and are now showing white spots. Still no mites on the buds as of yet! What would be the most effective thing to do at this stage?
Thanks in advance 😁
Welcome. 3 weeks to go? That’s a tough one when it comes to your situation. I wouldn’t want to put anything on my plants at this stage especially if you’re growing for any patients. Let’s see if more seasoned farmers chime in. I eradicated my mite issue in veg. Hope you get to the bottom of this.
Burnz

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Also heard of a vacuum with panty hose stretched over it to prevent sucking the leaves up.

Never tried it just tossing it out there
vacuum be careful don’t break any branches.
not sure how they populate but if it’s the soil, than maybe add an inch of perlite to the surface, keep it windy! cross your fingers..

Royalflush50

Royalflush50

vacuum be careful don’t break any branches.
not sure how they populate but if it’s the soil, than maybe add an inch of perlite to the surface, keep it windy! cross your fingers..
Thanks mate they are little bastards! I've literally got 3 weeks to go 🤨 i don't want to spray chemicals and if I get some predator bugs by the time they hatch the grow will be about complete. Have you had success with the vacuum? It might be a case of trying to manage the numbers with the vacuum

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
one thing is to keep the area clean!
they need decaying debris and heat to appear.
i’ve read that if you can take out one plant at a time where you can put the pot/plant on a sheet and shake the branches and they will fall onto the sheet.. than vacuum up!
make an attachment with a 2 litre pop, use the big end to vacuum over the big buds on top.
get creative!!

Royalflush50

Royalflush50

i’ve read that if you can take out one plant at a time where you can put the pot/plant on a sheet and shake the branches and they will fall onto the sheet.. than vacuum up!
make an attachment with a 2 litre pop, use the big end to vacuum over the big buds on top.
get creative!!
Definitely be trying that tomorrow morning 👌 the vegetation stage was in my greenhouse (night) garden throughout the day. They definitely haven't come from another cannabis plant so I'm hoping they aren't as aggressive as a mite that's had experience with cannabis plants. Plants are looking and smelling so good, really hope I don't lose it!

dire wolf

dire wolf

I'm going to welcome the disagreement .....but I hate those fuckers so much , and knowing that they are having a pic nic on my buds , I would spray neem oil on them , yup buds and all , then I'd do a gentle natural soap spray , then spray a fresh rinse of water with a hand mister for 2 or 3 days , yup that's how much I hate them being alive on my plant , I'd risk a little loss in flavor and the chance of inhaling some neem residual , better concept to me than trashing my harvest or smoking mites ........

dire wolf

dire wolf

And if you do it , go ballistic , under leaves , stems , dirt , everything ......
With a fine handheld mister ...

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
get creative!!
Wait,
You’re going to shake the flowering plant that has big ol buds and risk snapping some stems? I’d just stick to the vacuum.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
haha, i would kinda cup the buds/branches lightly between my hands and give her a shake, one at a time if it seems to work, if not than next idea.
wish him good luck, so close to finish.

Greenjourneyman

Greenjourneyman

Hey man and welcome.
My condolences on the little fuckers! Mites are the worst. I have used the above product plants in flower. It’s all natural and not toxic. depoly it against the the sugar leaves and below. It does work.

However I am really interested in @Aquaman’s theory on pantyhose vacuum. If you use that method please report back.

Porky1982

Porky1982

I’ve seen the vacuum method used effectively.
Another good trick is just leave them and let the plant finish then when you harvest leave the root ball on and hang the plants upside down with the root ball at the top and all the mites will migrate to the root ball over a few days.
I know it sounds weird but it works I’ve see root ball coved with mites and non on the buds. Then you just chop the root ball off and burn or spray it with fly spray.
Works great for plants late in flower like yours.

Top Bottom