• less than 1 gram per watt

Votes: 7 63.6%

• Total voters
B

Blue Garden

will reveal at the end of the grow. don't want to jinx anything

B

Blue Garden

alright just ordered some new nutes for this grow. was originally gonna go with general hydroponics 3 part but decided to with something different since i'm doing LEDS.

my search for humic acids lead me to kelp4less.com.. upon browsing, i found some interesting nutes and decided to give it a shot since the price is right. GH3 part would run me about $100. I ordered a variety of things to try out. I found a coupon code "FORUM" and scored 10% off on top of the cheap prices! :)

So I picked up some

-Ripe Blend Bloom formula 4-14-36
-MKP 0-52-34 (can't wait to try this)
-Extreme blend 12-0-6
-Soluble Potash
-Organic Cal Mag
-Myco + Trichoderma
-Myco + innoculant
-B Vitamin (running low on superthrive)
-Protein Nitrogen
-Trichoderma
-Soluble Kelp
-Amino Acids
-Citric Acid (gonna replace my ph down)
-Micronutrients
-Silica (runnin low on dyna gro protekt)

B

Blue Garden

was looking at guard dogs and came across this beast. wife said it looks like a zombie.

Crazyguard dog
B

Blue Garden

damn been trimmin for over a week... finally done. haven't had a chance to try out the nutes. will begin tomorrow!

Swany

Swany

That's a lot of packages! Tell me you spent less on all that then you would have with a $100 of GH3.... I haven't even begun to look at nutes for my first grow, still building the room and assembling gear. All those bags look complicated....

shawnskush

shawnskush

jesus! would you like some snake oil i send it in 57 packages.....

Swany

Swany

Ha - I see we have a differing opinion ;-} I like the idea of all organic, though it does appear to be a bit more complicated. I'm just trying to learn about how Blue is going to use all that stuff, and first off if it's a cost savings to boot. I am also curious if it will clog up a hydro system.

How about it Blue - a few words about how your choice of munchies for the plants is working out so far?

... and I notice shawnskush spells 'shawn' the correct way ;-}

B

Blue Garden

That's a lot of packages! Tell me you spent less on all that then you would have with a $100 of GH3.... I haven't even begun to look at nutes for my first grow, still building the room and assembling gear. All those bags look complicated....

lmao no its not complicated. i have specific uses for each thing i chose. they will be implemented in different stages of the grow.

so, i wanted to try the different nute lines. i recently tried the greenlight super bloom 12-55-6 on my harvested blackberry kush when it was flowering at early, mid and late stages and it made a huge difference. i know people say don't use N in flowering but the amount of hairs that came out after i hit it with the super bloom made me look at switching up my game. literally overnight there was a ton. the blue dream was getting treated with botanicare bloom & protekt.. when the blue dream was near finish i gave it a few servings of the super bloom and it went into overdrive. more hairs & moar dense ass fucking nugs.

when i thought the blackberry kush couldn't get any bigger (saw my buddy's blackberry kush harvest and his stuff was pretty big) and guess what? my shit got even bigger. my buddy couldn't believe it after i told him what my secret weapon was. lol. this is a so-called generic nute line. $10 for 2 lbs and its completely water soluble.

the attached photo is of the blue dream that was harvested. 4.5 oz dried from 1 plant. 2 top colas had to be chopped bc of bud rot. the leaves died in the dense 2 colas. really sucks bc i know it should be heavier.

IMG 3051
IMG 3052
IMG 3054
B

Blue Garden

Ha - I see we have a differing opinion ;-} I like the idea of all organic, though it does appear to be a bit more complicated. I'm just trying to learn about how Blue is going to use all that stuff, and first off if it's a cost savings to boot. I am also curious if it will clog up a hydro system.

How about it Blue - a few words about how your choice of munchies for the plants is working out so far?

... and I notice shawnskush spells 'shawn' the correct way ;-}

i gave it the first feeding of the extreme blend today.

only one way to find out if it'll clog up a hydro system. when i mixed the water today it was completely dissolved no remnants.

Kebz

Kebz

We like organic for flavour and quality of smoke and we like LED for crystal covered dense nugs :-) We defiantly like low cost, so building your own seems to be the way forward especially as larger and larger diodes become available. Don't think you can go wrong. Nice detail and information, pulling up a chair for this one.

Swany

Swany

nice info Blue - thank you for sharing. I'm building up to my first grow and will research Kelpforless.com.

Still think I'll go HPS for the first grow Kebz, but after I get this stuff understood and prove to myself I can grow good medicine and make a profit i'm going to triple my op and then I'll go for LED's ;-} I'll even mix and match with HPS to try for better spectrum coverage.

MagicSeth

MagicSeth

I am gonna guess that you pull 200 grams of that grow... Looks great...Awesome...

Kebz

Kebz

Hey Swany, I dont blame you mate, there seems so much to get your head around to begin with and have fun as well - its your adventure ;-)

I know lots of people are dubious about LED's and their ability to flower, and a lot of that stems from people using old and low watt diodes (the 1 & 2 Watt). With todays technological advances 3 & 5 Watt diodes have become less expensive, combined with better dialled in wavelengths (especially deep red for flower 'the holy grail' 660nm), much improved yields are now common place.

I really like using multiple points of light as plants respond much better than compared to a single point. HID lights and LED are a sweet combination - more watts in specific dialled in spectrums equals improved yield and less wasted energy as heat.

You seem to have the right mind frame to be a good farmer Swany, attention to and an eye for detail, patience and an open mind - that and good genetics and your away :-)

We're all, always learning and I'm really excited about learning from the thoughts, ideas and innovations of others.

Kebz

Kebz

Blue, Im a fan of LEDs.......but watts is watts and with only 311watts max, your only getting a tiny footprint and not enough power for the nice dense nugs that LED's can create.

Now, I don't know if its possible, but if you could make another one of those wicked lights and double your power - I'd bet you could even pull 1.25 gpw. Hope you prove me sooooo wrong and smash it :-)

Latest posts

Top Bottom