3100k Vs 4200k

• Thread starter legaleyes13
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
legaleyes13

legaleyes13

Have 12 315 fixtures, about to pull the trigger on bulbs.

Have been told 3100k bulbs are the way to go particularly if I'm running a short veg (10-14 days). Leaning towards going 12 3100k but open to mixing 6 3100k/6 4200k. Does anyone have any experience with both setups?

P

PharmHand

I veg with Philips 940 cdm elite bulbs and flower with Philips 930 agro bulbs. If I were able to, I would alternate lights (930/940/930/repeat).
I'm just about grab a bunch of cmh. From what I've read the agro were the ones designed for agriculture so have the most par output. Since red light takes a little less energy to produce than blue ,it puts out more light. Any particular reason you prefer a mix of the two? I've seen your grows ,you grow beautiful buds- I appreciate the insight from someone who actually uses them successfully. Thanks :)

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Imo, if you run 2 bulb K types, you get an added benefit of a different light spectrum being mixed. Guys over at IC run 940 start to finish with great results.

legaleyes13

legaleyes13

Too expensive to go with one for veg and one for flower. Not gonna buy 24 bulbs for 12 lights. May just end up going half and half, but from everything I've seen the 3100k performs better...

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

You don't want to run the 930 start to finish. You want the 940 bulb then.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

What makes you say this? I've literally only heard the opposite.

I don't agree either. And I am about to set up a 3x3 tent with my sun system LEC and a 3100k Phillips bulb for a full run.

I have found the 315 (single lamp) not as effective for flowering as either my 600 Hortilux Super hps or my 600 Hortilux blue mh.

I am using the pair of 600 1 of each hps and mh for the summer freeing up my 315 LEC for a full run test.

However I believe all this proves is the old adage about nothing trumping lumens. Plants mostly convert photosynthesis to the strongest available spectrum.

And the 3100k bulb has the highest par too. The plants respond more readily to the red spike it has over the 4200k bulb.

I don't have the data handy but this was all fully tested by cycloptics when they chose Phillips bulbs. And also the university of Utah which I go I prompted cycloptics to get the cmh going.

I have been testing in my perpetual for about 8 months now a plant at a time or pairs of clones. I have a staggered weekly to bi-weekly harvest and planting/cutting.

Here is the room with all 3 different bulbs going.

IMG 6211
IMG 6212

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I can only post the results many have gotten while only running the 940 bulb start to finish. I've not hear of 1 grower using the 930 bulb start to finish.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

@MIMedGrower

Nix this shitty ass 5" fans and put 1x 20" box fan on the wood support. Have that blowing that warm radiant bulb heat. I bet you drop 2*. I swapped out all my fans for those box fans. More cfm, cheaper, and better than my past ones.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I can only post the results many have gotten while only running the 940 bulb start to finish. I've not hear of 1 grower using the 930 bulb start to finish.

You have not heard of it on forums maybe?

I don't research on forums. Too much mis information and opinion being passed as fact.

The bulb is over 50/50 red-blue spectrums. Like a mh and hps already. It is a stand alone plant light. In other words they developed it to eliminate the problems of mixing bulbs with different spectrums. It is designed as a stand alone plant bulb.

Talking with growers always seems more about their personal investment in gear than even the company that made the gear.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

@MIMedGrower

Nix this shitty ass 5" fans and put 1x 20" box fan on the wood support. Have that blowing that warm radiant bulb heat. I bet you drop 2*. I swapped out all my fans for those box fans. More cfm, cheaper, and better than my past ones.

You mean the 6" hurricane clip fans?

I have tried box and vortex and standing oscillating fans in this room. It is too small for that much air flow and the heat starts to blow back around basically.

So I have air conditioning coming up from vents under the plants at the bottom of the back wall from the lung room next door.

I didn't want to turn the tiny room into a vortex with a bigger exhaust fan.

The frame for the light footprint allows 7' wide by 3.5-4' deep.

The room is only 9 x7' total. The bigger fans just deflected the heat of the wall and right back over the plants mostly.

Latest posts

Top Bottom