315 Lec And 2 Kind L300 Leds 4×4 Tent?

• Thread starter grohio
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
grohio

grohio

Hey farmers, got a quick question about lighting in my flower tent. At the moment I am running 2 kind l300s on ratchet ropes. There working good but the footprint doesnt seem to spread the whole 4×4 space. My local garden store guy has 315 watt lec setups for 400 bucks. Im wondering if i put a 315 lec in the center and run the kinds beside it if i could just hang em at the highest point in my tent so i can get a good spread and still be enough intensity to get the most out of my ladies? Also, is the lec and the led too closely related of spectrums? Would I be better off mixing hps with led?

Fishmaster42

Fishmaster42

The lec 315 are badass its better to have the lights side by side. 400 is a very good price for 12ov with flower bulb, best price ive seen.

grohio

grohio

Thanks for the input @Fishmaster42. He told me the brand but i forget. They were a little different then the ones i have been seeing. It came with a really long cord so you could run the ballast outside the tent. Or it was able to be attached to the hood as well. And it came with a hood a lot like the more common lec fixtures i have seen. But he also offers the option of different hoods. For more money of course.

grohio

grohio

Also, i didnt ask about the bulb. I only thought there was one type of lec bulb. I will have to talk to him again about it.

grohio

grohio

@Fishmaster42, are you saying that you think the idea i proposed would work well?

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Hey farmers, got a quick question about lighting in my flower tent. At the moment I am running 2 kind l300s on ratchet ropes. There working good but the footprint doesnt seem to spread the whole 4×4 space. My local garden store guy has 315 watt lec setups for 400 bucks. Im wondering if i put a 315 lec in the center and run the kinds beside it if i could just hang em at the highest point in my tent so i can get a good spread and still be enough intensity to get the most out of my ladies? Also, is the lec and the led too closely related of spectrums? Would I be better off mixing hps with led?
Jump on that shit asap. Great price and you get better PAR and fuller spectrum with lec, done deal in my mind. Run the lec in middle like you said and run those leds on either side and in a 4x4 you will slay it with that setup!!!!

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
@jumpincactus, do you think i can put at the highest point possible in my tent and still get good results?
why would you want to do that? With lower heat output with lec you can run them closer to your canopy without a lot of heat issues you get with MH or HPS

grohio

grohio

Damn guys, im so glad i joined this site. Im greatful for all the great people at this place. Im so glad i started this thread. I love how i always get answers and most people seem like good genuine folk.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Damn guys, im so glad i joined this site. Im greatful for all the great people at this place. Im so glad i started this thread. I love how i always get answers and most people seem like good genuine folk.
One of the best sites to learn cannabis on the interweb. I been kickin here for years and wouldnt have stay here this long with out good peeps.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
How close are you thinking @jumpincactus? If i get closer then 18 inches or so with the kinds i get light bleaching on my tops.
Well now, the leds thats a different story you have to play around and find your sweet spot. To avoid bleaching. I was just sayin with the LEC 315 you wont have to go all the way to the top of your tent as they run cooler than HID lighting. Unless of course you grow a monster and have to run it all the way up due to losing headspace. Did that make sense?

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
The best price i could get thus far has been 440 bucks
How are you digging those lecs bro. I'm sure with a more complete spectrum you are seeing a huge diff in your overall plant growth and health, correct??

grohio

grohio

Nice link @Fishmaster42. He had those in his shop too. His price was 549.00. I think the one he has for 400 the bulb was mounted horizontally and not vertically. Ive heard that the bulbs are meant to be ran vertically.

grohio

grohio

Well now, the leds thats a different story you have to play around and find your sweet spot. To avoid bleaching. I was just sayin with the LEC 315 you wont have to go all the way to the top of your tent as they run cooler than HID lighting. Unless of course you grow a monster and have to run it all the way up due to losing headspace. Did that make sense?
Yea i understand.

Top Bottom