315w Cmh And Air Conditioning

• Thread starter legaleyes13
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
legaleyes13

legaleyes13

Found myself in a tough spot and gonna attempt to cool 12 315w cmh lights with a 1 ton air conditioner. Does this sound doable to any of you cmh guys?

fatawa

fatawa

Found myself in a tough spot and gonna attempt to cool 12 315w cmh lights with a 1 ton air conditioner. Does this sound doable to any of you cmh guys?
how high of cielings we talking?i got 16ft n flower rm n run 42k mini.thats for only 8khps.yur not even close with a 1ton

sixstring

sixstring

realistic # you need 1 ton ac per 2000 watts so you should have 2 tons ac to keep the room in check under all conditions.18000 btu might do the job in a colder type climate but it will be working very hard imo.

fatawa

fatawa

18000 btu might do the job in a colder type climate but it will be working very hard imo.
lol..ya real cold climate like alaska/russia.im n north n i hav more then that n veg rm for 2600w(24kbtu)

fatawa

fatawa

wats sq ft of rm?ea light for max penetration is 3×3×12lights=108sq ft.so just for yur lights u better at min quadruple that #...then add the sq ft of rm n id at least double that.u wanna b well overso ac shuts off n u can truly control temps.it shudnt run alday just to keep cool imo.what happens 1 day u hav record heat for a wk(tinderthumbs) then what?

legaleyes13

legaleyes13

wats sq ft of rm?ea light for max penetration is 3×3×12lights=108sq ft.so just for yur lights u better at min quadruple that #...then add the sq ft of rm n id at least double that.u wanna b well overso ac shuts off n u can truly control temps.it shudnt run alday just to keep cool imo.what happens 1 day u hav record heat for a wk(tinderthumbs) then what?
The room is 12x8x7, canopy is 10x8x7... I just had 4000w of DE's in there and 20k BTU cooled the room, so I know for sure I don't need to double or triple the cooling now that I've knocked off 220w of light... I was hoping with all of the stuff I've heard about cmh's running cooler than hps that I'd be good. But I guess, I'll have to figure something out or just wait until I move into my new space.

fatawa

fatawa

The room is 12x8x7, canopy is 10x8x7... I just had 4000w of DE's in there and 20k BTU cooled the room, so I know for sure I don't need to double or triple the cooling now that I've knocked off 220w of light... I was hoping with all of the stuff I've heard about cmh's running cooler than hps that I'd be good. But I guess, I'll have to figure something out or just wait until I move into my new space.
lol.if thats true y u ask?go head n try that 1ton.tell us whats what after.lmfao

legaleyes13

legaleyes13

lol.if thats true y u ask?go head n try that 1ton.tell us whats what after.lmfao
It is true. I asked because I'd be dropping 8k BTU's of cooling while only dropping 220w of light. Wanted to see if anyone else has went with similar numbers. Don't understand all the "lols" but yeah, I'll go ahead and try.

fatawa

fatawa

It is true. I asked because I'd be dropping 8k BTU's of cooling while only dropping 220w of light. Wanted to see if anyone else has went with similar numbers. Don't understand all the "lols" but yeah, I'll go ahead and try.
i def overkill no doubt.u got how many ol timers saying samething?is there 1 person saying ya yur good?n if u kno/think u r then run it.....y the the thread?

legaleyes13

legaleyes13

i def overkill no doubt.u got how many ol timers saying samething?is there 1 person saying ya yur good?n if u kno/think u r then run it.....y the the thread?
I just told you why in my last post. Yes, more than one person told me I'm not good, I got that. I don't think or know I'm good. I know that I ran 4 DEs w/ 20k BTUs of cooling. 3,780w of cmh with 12k BTUs of cooling is a completely different situation, hence the thread. So while I don't know if 1 ton of a/c will cool the room (from the responses in this thread it doesn't look like it will), I know that 2 tons isn't necessary for my space.

sixstring

sixstring

lol..ya real cold climate like alaska/russia.im n north n i hav more then that n veg rm for 2600w(24kbtu)
ya know all the lol's in the world dont make ya right,every op is different.but 1 ton of cooling per 2000w is pretty fuckin standard shit,its 6000btu per lamp on a 1000w lamp and the number includes other shit like dehuy and propane co2.i ran 13kw of hps in a 12 x 20 with 3.5 tons ac for years,in michigan not alaska.315w cmh have been said multiple hundreds of times over many forums to run cooler than hps watt for watt.so i would not doubt my numbers being too far off lolololololololololololololololoo. @legaleyes13 def you should try it and let us know how it handles it,after hearing how you had the room i would bet its fine.

Top Bottom