315w Cmh In A 4 X 4

• Thread starter gwheels
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
gwheels

gwheels

I have been doing a lot of reading. My new hobby is my tent so I like to check everything out.

Currently i am using a 550 watt mcob light and supplementing it with a 100 watt mars reflector.

650 watts of power and the heat is managable. But I do wonder if one of these lights will perform the same and save me some hydro dollars (or at least allow me to move the grow to a 10 amp circuit).

My garage has a 10 amp

My cold room has a 10 amp

But I got my dad to wire two 15 amp circuits in the basement. Currently I am drawing 8 amps with my grow tent, lighting, ventilation and fans. That is about peak for a 10 amp. The vortex fan I have coming will drop it down to 7 amps

But if I was using that 315 it would drop down to 5 amps with the vortex fan.

And now the question. Can that light work in a 4 x 4 tent for bloom and veg ?

Are the lights dangerous ? (the LED and MCOB do not throw enough heat to make me nervous about catching fire but I worry about these hot as the sun bulbs).

I happen to have the cash so i am pondering this. I am also in no rush. The lighting i have is working pretty good. But my previous light was only the 100 watt mars reflector (i grew two autos in a grow box that totaled 65 grams with that light).

MirrorZen

MirrorZen

4x4 is too big unless you use the other light as supplemental, I believe the foot print is 2.5x2.5. And they are quality lights, not much heat at all when I observed 2 of these in a tent. I would pull that trigger.

Ps. I don't mess with anything under 20 amp house wire for good measure when growing. Takes one stoned mistake to plug too much in one outlet.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I kinda disagree.

I run 4x315 in an 8x12 that's offset from center 2.5' for a work/walk isle. Imo, you can use a bigger hood to spread out the light, AND keep the good lower with out sacrificing anything. I run 3x big kahuna hoods in veg (5x10) and 4x big kahuna hoods in my 8x12 flower room.

gwheels

gwheels

I am going to complete 1 grow with my autopot system and 4 plants with 8 tops each.

Then I will buy the light and try a grow with just the 315.

If it works the same or better I will sell the mcob

Ketamine

Ketamine

4x4 is too big unless you use the other light as supplemental, I believe the foot print is 2.5x2.5. And they are quality lights, not much heat at all when I observed 2 of these in a tent. I would pull that trigger.

Ps. I don't mess with anything under 20 amp house wire for good measure when growing. Takes one stoned mistake to plug too much in one outlet.
I did 2 315's on a 4x4 table..was great. I tried just a single 315 and it was not quite enough. A single 315 will do a 3x3 but I will never do another 4x4 with a single 315 again..its a waste of time/money/effort.

Leew421

Leew421

I had 3 315s in a 4x4. If you can manage heat go for it. 2 is a good number for a 4x4, there is heat so be prepared to do some cooling

gwheels

gwheels

I will try 3 plants with just the 315 to see what it does. Next grow I am running the MCOB and the 315 together to see what they do. 865 watts would probably nail the 4 x 4 but the MCOB did pretty damned good by itself.

Top Bottom