34 days into first ever grow - the story so far...

• Thread starter Nectarivorous
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Justlovetogrow

Justlovetogrow

Thanks mate. Little hint of Mg deficiency juuust appearing, mainly on the stunted one. I read that usually half nutes are actually enough so I thought I'd halve the 2ml/litre the bottle recommended - appears they are honest. Plus I'm using RO. Only did 3 feeds with the reduced amount and that was enough to see some transported out of the leaves. Have gone back up and once again if it ain't broke don't fix it I guess.

Any ideas why the one plant not showing pistils yet after nearly 3 weeks? Just the genetic lottery of grow from seed?
Yep seed has so many variables even from the same strain it will come on mate and can be a good thing so u don’t have to trim everything at once trim jail sux😂😂😂

Nectarivorous

Nectarivorous

Day 21 of flower today! So I've been running 2.3 EC on my feeds, being:

RO water - 3ml/Litre of Silica, allow to dissolve as long ap, at least 20 mins
pH down to 6.0-6.4
Calmag 2ml/litre
Canna A 3ml/litre
Fulvic 1ml/litre
Canna B 3ml/litre
PK 1.5 ml/litre
Cannazym 2.5 ml/litre
Biodiesel (batshit and stuff) 4ml/litre

Have the lights sitting at 16" from canopy (2x Mars Hydro TSL 2000, total 600W, 4x4 tent), getting 1250 PPFD at the highest tops, most of the canopy top below is getting 800+, most of it 900-950. That is obviously pushing them pretty hard, I haven't tested the CO2 in there but it's a very small room that is exhausted on a 4" and has filtered air coming in through the air conditioning system, so perhaps they are getting all the CO2 they need. All I know is they are loving it.

Run off EC has just hit 2.7 today so I'd say judging by their little dance they are just where they want to be for light and nutes. pH couldn't be better, 6.0 in, 6.2 out every time. I can't take the pots out of the drainage pots because net and irrigation, but I suspect these have killer roots through the bottom and into the drain reservoir. They are air pruning, I get little bits in the runoff but they are always white and not rotted. The EC will come down a little, I've had to go from 5 litres a day across the tent getting 20% back, to giving 12 litres today and getting just over 10% back. Will have to stay on top of their increasing need and make sure plenty of run off to keep that getting away from me.

Keeping eye out for light stress, but I'd be more worried if they were turning away from the lights. No curling or canoeing. All I know is I plucked a stringy leaf from a node just above the net and got a bit of contact with the bud. My fingers smelled like pine and key lime pie. I'm really happy with node spacing, I deliberately increased diurnal range as soon as I was finished filling out the net to promote increased spacing above the net. Should help with rot and mould prevention. I still think those tight bunches at the top should give killer colas. To reiterate I'm calling a pound dried flowers as a pass mark for first grow 😉

Let me know if I'm missing anything, otherwise enjoy photos of happy flower girls ☺️

C4217BC6 DC62 4682 89B4 3B5FAC8DA8CD
CA0D4572 9321 4DC0 B1E5 FE7E7FA942B5
43173322 34B3 4F4E B420 5073E0295F00
CCB409E8 BB79 42A7 BA26 6ECD3291F5C2
1B6D2BB3 C369 4168 91B8 B8C2637F6E47
ADB86BBF FCF9 472B 859B 947BE44F3620
5F961811 B303 49ED 95C3 8FA94541F816
5E79DF3A 7C54 4943 8F27 89A0B9733456
7D6B90C5 DBA9 435B 9B9B 118C1B032EB5
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Day 21 of flower today! So I've been running 2.3 EC on my feeds, being:

RO water - 3ml/Litre of Silica, allow to dissolve as long ap, at least 20 mins
pH down to 6.0-6.4
Calmag 2ml/litre
Canna A 3ml/litre
Fulvic 1ml/litre
Canna B 3ml/litre
PK 1.5 ml/litre
Cannazym 2.5 ml/litre
Biodiesel (batshit and stuff) 4ml/litre

Have the lights sitting at 16" from canopy (2x Mars Hydro TSL 2000, total 600W, 4x4 tent), getting 1250 PPFD at the highest tops, most of the canopy top below is getting 800+, most of it 900-950. That is obviously pushing them pretty hard, I haven't tested the CO2 in there but it's a very small room that is exhausted on a 4" and has filtered air coming in through the air conditioning system, so perhaps they are getting all the CO2 they need. All I know is they are loving it.

Run off EC has just hit 2.7 today so I'd say judging by their little dance they are just where they want to be for light and nutes. pH couldn't be better, 6.0 in, 6.2 out every time. I can't take the pots out of the drainage pots because net and irrigation, but I suspect these have killer roots through the bottom and into the drain reservoir. They are air pruning, I get little bits in the runoff but they are always white and not rotted. The EC will come down a little, I've had to go from 5 litres a day across the tent getting 20% back, to giving 12 litres today and getting just over 10% back. Will have to stay on top of their increasing need and make sure plenty of run off to keep that getting away from me.

Keeping eye out for light stress, but I'd be more worried if they were turning away from the lights. No curling or canoeing. All I know is I plucked a stringy leaf from a node just above the net and got a bit of contact with the bud. My fingers smelled like pine and key lime pie. I'm really happy with node spacing, I deliberately increased diurnal range as soon as I was finished filling out the net to promote increased spacing above the net. Should help with rot and mould prevention. I still think those tight bunches at the top should give killer colas. To reiterate I'm calling a pound dried flowers as a pass mark for first grow 😉

Let me know if I'm missing anything, otherwise enjoy photos of happy flower girls ☺️
Your pushing these ladies to the max bro 👍 walking that line like a champ. Watch the runoff EC. I can see some early N tox but nothing to bad. May wanna lighten the feed a bit or a bit more runoff the next few feeds.

They looking amazing man you should be very proud.

Nectarivorous

Nectarivorous

Your pushing these ladies to the max bro 👍 walking that line like a champ. Watch the runoff EC. I can see some early N tox but nothing to bad. May wanna lighten the feed a bit or a bit more runoff the next few feeds.

Thank you my friend. Yes I'm walking a tight line with them, but they are guiding me largely where they want to go. They look better tonight than ever, but the biggest falls are from the top of the mountain hehe. Will keep a real close eye for any light stress, I certainly won't be pushing them any harder from here, and definitely upping the runoff from next feed. Just wasn't prepared for the jump from 5 to 12 litres in two days 😂

Nectarivorous

Nectarivorous

Day 23. Everything is still new for me so I keep looking at these little blossoms and wondering if they will be able to fill out and become nice dense buds. They've always surprised me at every stage so far so I'll keep giving them what they need and watching what they do. Stunty girl at bottom left still only just getting to flower so I'll have to multiple harvests but that's not the end of the world. Weather getting nice here so I will start vegging next grow outside then move them into the tent a week or so before flower. Meanwhile just gotta hope these buds start to fatten out, another few days we'll start adding bulking agent.

4B945F21 1E3B 4510 99D1 BC23EC68989A
51D3C8EE BF31 4C14 9142 81C4EB04BFE7
AD825E2C 4964 497C 8CB1 3E7FA8AE9633
22FF04F9 D1D8 436F 9CDD D0BF8F3D20F1
7EC83BF5 4D18 4B7B B787 BFDFDB9E1C39
2FC465D9 6056 4341 8A16 E38834DBDA37
A622AA7A 1E07 442B AE61 7D8192DC0213
59CAC02E 1DEE 413A A764 33F3AF0A1517
58DC5584 317A 483C 82D0 9B04BF13C212
306CFE8B 52AB 4992 907F 67831A516EF2
Nectarivorous

Nectarivorous

Got that run off back up to about 25% just to make sure things are stabilised. 2.3 in, 2.4 out out now. Very happy with that. Literally have not had pH move from 6.3 out since you have me the DL on buffering my RO. It's more stable now than it was with tap even. I love the feeling of control I have since moving to the RO, over pH as well as knowing exactly what they're eating all the time. As Homer Simpson said, this most be how god feels when he's holding a gun.

I'm happy I've managed to keep them quite squat and lollipopped them well, has kept water usage reasonably low, they are still happy with 3x waterings per day of 5% pot volume - bear in mind they are 8 gal though. They're basically getting a gallon a day each. Hopefully that will ramp way up in the next couple weeks though as this will mean they are doing what they need to do to fatten those heads 😍

Nectarivorous

Nectarivorous

Still trying to work out what to do about stunty in bottom left. Just seeing first pistils tonight, reckon that puts her a good week behind her sisters. The other girls are starting Liquid Lead from next week. Not sure if that's a brand name that will mean anything in the US or if it's a common name for a bulking agent, but that's what it is. Lots of simple carbs, short and long chain aminos and heavy on the K.

If this girl stays on the system she'll be getting this a good week early. I could take her offline and water by hand but really can't bf. I don't expect her to be a huge producer in any case but you never know with these little non vigorous ones sometimes they produce beautiful fruits. Think I will just use her as an experiment into what happens if I bring the feed schedule forward a week.

Interestingly because she was still in veg up to now I was able to get 5 really nice clones from her. Literally just banged them in water and say them near the LED on the stove hood. 😂 They are loving it. If that plant turns out to bang out nice flowers I'll have five of her ready to bang straight into flower in the tent. Going to run air pots next time, 3 gallon X5 instead of 4x 8 gal. Weather here is perfect to have them vegging outside as of about two weeks. Watch this space.

2C2001FF 16B4 4D45 9907 49F6CAADCCB6
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Got that run off back up to about 25% just to make sure things are stabilised. 2.3 in, 2.4 out out now. Very happy with that. Literally have not had pH move from 6.3 out since you have me the DL on buffering my RO. It's more stable now than it was with tap even. I love the feeling of control I have since moving to the RO, over pH as well as knowing exactly what they're eating all the time. As Homer Simpson said, this most be how god feels when he's holding a gun.

I'm happy I've managed to keep them quite squat and lollipopped them well, has kept water usage reasonably low, they are still happy with 3x waterings per day of 5% pot volume - bear in mind they are 8 gal though. They're basically getting a gallon a day each. Hopefully that will ramp way up in the next couple weeks though as this will mean they are doing what they need to do to fatten those heads 😍
At that size they'll prob max out about 1.25 to 1.5 gpd.

Still trying to work out what to do about stunty in bottom left. Just seeing first pistils tonight, reckon that puts her a good week behind her sisters. The other girls are starting Liquid Lead from next week. Not sure if that's a brand name that will mean anything in the US or if it's a common name for a bulking agent, but that's what it is. Lots of simple carbs, short and long chain aminos and heavy on the K.

If this girl stays on the system she'll be getting this a good week early. I could take her offline and water by hand but really can't bf. I don't expect her to be a huge producer in any case but you never know with these little non vigorous ones sometimes they produce beautiful fruits. Think I will just use her as an experiment into what happens if I bring the feed schedule forward a week.

Interestingly because she was still in veg up to now I was able to get 5 really nice clones from her. Literally just banged them in water and say them near the LED on the stove hood. 😂 They are loving it. If that plant turns out to bang out nice flowers I'll have five of her ready to bang straight into flower in the tent. Going to run air pots next time, 3 gallon X5 instead of 4x 8 gal. Weather here is perfect to have them vegging outside as of about two weeks. Watch this space.
They all clones or seed? I forget sorry. Don't discount a plant that's healthy and a but smaller. Gems come in all shapes and sizes bro.

Nectarivorous

Nectarivorous

They all clones or seed? I forget sorry. Don't discount a plant that's healthy and a but smaller. Gems come in all shapes and sizes bro.

All from seed mate so some variation not unexpected. Certainly not counting her out, she'll give me a little break from trim jail while I wait for her to finish, and if she ends up any good I've got 5 clones of her ready ton start vegging in the yard in next couple of days 😉

Cypress66

Cypress66

Very true i have been very surprised with the results of my results with the small and the results in the end sometimes the early front runner will not always win the race but the little one is the best one they are always the most surprising thing to be honest they are the only thing that I’ve ever grown but they never cease to amaze me with the way they are doing what they do to make them buds they are a lifeline to the people peace ✌️

Nectarivorous

Nectarivorous

Very true i have been very surprised with the results of my results with the small and the results in the end sometimes the early front runner will not always win the race but the little one is the best one they are always the most surprising thing to be honest they are the only thing that I’ve ever grown but they never cease to amaze me with the way they are doing what they do to make them buds they are a lifeline to the people peace ✌️
Yeah they continue to amaze me, and have already been more medicine than I could have hoped for and I haven't even smoked a bud yet ☺️

Nectarivorous

Nectarivorous

You are raising some fine looking ladies. Right up on the bleeding edge. I love it.
Thanks mate! I just can't help it everything I give them they just ask for more, so they are making me sail close to the wind haha! Love working with coco, lets me go for it knowing any issues that show up I can make corrections pretty much instantly. Just want to taste the medicine these little ladies are making me...patience... ☺️

Nectarivorous

Nectarivorous

You have to have patience and it will be better if cured and then it will save your money and your bud will be better than anything that you’ve been buying and it is something that you’ve grown can’t get any better peace ✌️
Exactly right bro. I should have enough that I can 'waste' a bit by smoking it when dried but not cured yet, and still have a whole heap to lay down for 30 day cure. It will certainly be better than anything for sale around these parts! Our Vietnamese friends over here knew how to bang out quantity but it is all wet and smells of head clippings 🤮

Cypress66

Cypress66

Exactly right bro. I should have enough that I can 'waste' a bit by smoking it when dried but not cured yet, and still have a whole heap to lay down for 30 day cure. It will certainly be better than anything for sale around these parts! Our Vietnamese friends over here knew how to bang out quantity but it is all wet and smells of head clippings 🤮
Same as for me I will be plucking off a little bit of my plants in the late stage for a smoke even though I’m not going to be short on my previous grows but I cannot wait for the right time and then the rest will be cured and pukka Where you from bro? Peace ✌️

Top Bottom