35 gallon trash cans...WHOS running them

• Thread starter frostedlove
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

frostedlove

I been been looking and I have not found a grow diary or something on Growing in Huge trash cans. 35 gallon or bigger. You look on Urban gardener they grow some monsters in them

anybody point me to any farms boys running this set up

Thanks Farmers

jagle

jagle

why would one need such a big container, surely the root systems cant get that big

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

why would one need such a big container, surely the root systems cant get that big

Oh yes they can!!! I have grown in NFT systems made from Rain Gutters and plants spaced ervery 3 feet. Some of the roots were about 20-30 feet long running thru the whole system and down to the res.
So Yes if you have a large container, enough lighting and room for them to grow in veg. You can grow litteraly trees. Could you imagine 20 foot tall indoor plants lit with 10k per plant. Now that would be fun to see. It can be done though. juts need the cash flow and space.

jagle

jagle

Oh yes they can!!! I have grown in NFT systems made from Rain Gutters and plants spaced ervery 3 feet. Some of the roots were about 20-30 feet long running thru the whole system and down to the res.
So Yes if you have a large container, enough lighting and room for them to grow in veg. You can grow litteraly trees. Could you imagine 20 foot tall indoor plants lit with 10k per plant. Now that would be fun to see. It can be done though. juts need the cash flow and space.

wow didnt know roots could get that big tho makes sense you grow a 20foot tall weed plant its gonna need roots

F

frostedlove

20 or 30 gallon I did not do the liters conversion
Damn lazy american
but at that size 10 gallons does not make a difference

But yea its done and done well Just watch the last could of videos

Just hoped there was a farmer who had this going on here and some how I missed it. I did some searching but i could not find anything. Somtimes my searches suck so thought maybe you boys knew a tread on here maybe.

squarepusher

squarepusher

would make a nice aeroponic setup with 5-6 plants per can

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I would find a trashcan too tall. I use 30gal tubs/bins, hempy w/pure perlite. Everywhere I dig, I find roots. 30 gallons, or even 35 gallons, is not a huge volume considering how large the plants can get.

F

frostedlove

I would find a trashcan too tall. I use 30gal tubs/bins, hempy w/pure perlite. Everywhere I dig, I find roots. 30 gallons, or even 35 gallons, is not a huge volume considering how large the plants can get.

The root mass could get as big as you let it grow....Look outdoor with HBL does 300 gallon smart pots. 30 gallon is not that huge but you have to have on wheels so you can move them around. We are talking a lot of weight there.

There really is do debate on if its do-able or not that's for sure. Bigger roots means bigger plants! Steppn it up to grow monsters. I even heard stories about CANADAN bikers cutting the floor out of houses to grow straight in the ground with lights hanging from the rafters... as much roots as your plant wants....

S

strawD

^^^ LOL thats a good story. seamaiden wasnt saying 35 was too much, just not the ideal shape configuration for average indoor grows. HumboldtLocal does 300 gal smart pots, but they're a custom shape that are very wide and shallow. the roots will fill any container eventually, and i think down is the most natural direction, just not always height feasable.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Exactly, straw, then add (or subtract) to that my condition of being height-challenged...
The root mass could get as big as you let it grow....Look outdoor with HBL does 300 gallon smart pots. 30 gallon is not that huge but you have to have on wheels so you can move them around. We are talking a lot of weight there.

There really is do debate on if its do-able or not that's for sure. Bigger roots means bigger plants! Steppn it up to grow monsters. I even heard stories about CANADAN bikers cutting the floor out of houses to grow straight in the ground with lights hanging from the rafters... as much roots as your plant wants....
Yes, it's a lot of weight, and that's one of my primary considerations when container-growing.

But as for going big... ya mean like this (3'x16'x2') raised bed that let's 'em get 8'+ by July? Yeah! I can do that. :icon_spin:

CRW 8679 73010
F

frostedlove

Exactly, straw, then add (or subtract) to that my condition of being height-challenged...

Yes, it's a lot of weight, and that's one of my primary considerations when container-growing.

But as for going big... ya mean like this (3'x16'x2') raised bed that let's 'em get 8'+ by July? Yeah! I can do that. :icon_spin:

nice tree's

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
That was taken in July, they hadn't filled out yet.

Top Bottom