35%h202, what ratio to run thru system to clean...

• Thread starter udub
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
U

udub

I am done running bleach through my system. Gonna give h202 a try. Anybody else out there use it. Got the full strength stuff, just dont know how much to use?

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
I use 10ml of 35% H2O2 per gallon of water to flush my plants grown in hydroton, it takes 12 gallons to fill each of my 20 pot flower systems. Pots are flooded, soaked for 30 minutes then drain to waste. Pots are then re-connected to the recirculating system and flooded with RO water for the remainder of flush.

jj

U

udub

Thanks J.J. Thats what i am after! I have alot of gunk in my recirculating aero set up. I tried physan 20, bleach, etc. bleach is the only thing that works, but i flush like 10 times because I am so scared of bleach. hope this works...

D

diesel

ok i have a bit of experience and did u know that a mild solution of bleach will not hurt your plants. In a fish shop they soak their nets in mild bleach to stop bacertia transfer between fish tanks.

I have heard the main thing with bleach is that it sometimes sticks to gunk attached inside pipes. But i personally use it for all my cleaning with no problems, just flush well,. And i would change the pipes after a year or so, new tube shouldnt be too much.

F

Fman

I use 1.7 ml / per liter of 35%. Keeps my tanks clean. Nute change is a snap. Just drain the water, wipe out the tank with a h2o2 damp rag, then refill, done. I add h2o2 to my tanks every 3 to 4 days 1.7ml/ per liter.

Top Bottom