• Thread starter Sativied
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Sativied

Sativied

Ruler of the Whorled
Supporter
Features:
- 1.8" color display with ambient temp, humidity, current time, cob temps, light intensity, fan speed, veg/flower mode, manual override on/off.
- sensors to collect the above data
- an SD slot with card to which the above data is logged
- remote control (on/off, fan +/-, light +/-, LCD on/off, flower/veg schedule, purp on/off)
- usb connection for software updates
- adaptive fan cooling (boost/dim fans based on heat sink temp and light intensity)
- soft start and soft end for x minutes
- timer and relay for lights on/off schedule
- 326 watt leds, ~360watt draw including drivers and arduino and fans. Roughly 790ppf, 51%eff in flower mode.

I created these after building most of the light, just for the fun of it and to be able to design an enclosure.

Topviewled

Botviewled

Botviewledcompl

350watt hybrid quadcobter 5

Top3dcheetah

Going to spread this out over a few posts...

Sativied

Sativied

Ruler of the Whorled
Supporter

I use a remote like this one:
Remote

2.5m alu cut in 4 pieces of 50cm and 4 pieces of 9 cm.
Frame hs fans

Topdone complete

Most of the wiring is from the arduino, to sensors, relays, pwm dimming of fans, pwm dimming of meanwell driver, IR receiver, TFT screen. I'm going to put the arduino in an enclosure and reduce much if the visible wiring to a single ribbon of wires.

Bottdone complete

Cobs are citizen 2700k 90 cri at 1400ma, together with 8 Osram SSL 120 hyper red (660nm) x 8 at 700ma on a meanwell hlg 320 1400.

Customheatsinkreds

Center module is same reds x9 and 3x royal blue, on separate small driver. Large meanwell driver is attached to the ceiling of my closet.
Promod

Bottdone2

Bottdone

Sativied

Sativied

Ruler of the Whorled
Supporter
Rough cause software doesn't support the exact spectrum of the citi 2700k 90 cri but:

Monos alone:

Combined with cobs:

In reality that bump at 61o is at ~630. I expect I will add more Blue-Red over time to basically lower the green-yellow region further, improving the spectrum further. That also allows me to increase efficiency over time. E.g. by running the cobs at 700ma too once I added enough BR. At some point I should be able to remove the small driver for the center module.

NFT

NFT

looking great, i was thinking about sorting the wires out and you said you're already going to put
them in a single ribbon like a pc cable sleeve or similar, very nice professional job mate :)
no dustbin lids here LOL

Sativied

Sativied

Ruler of the Whorled
Supporter
looking great, i was thinking about sorting the wires out and you said you're already going to put
them in a single ribbon like a pc cable sleeve or similar, very nice professional job mate :)
no dustbin lids here LOL
Thanks man. And yes very much like a pc flat cable, old harddrive cable perhaps (all the arduino stuff is 5v), with male pins sticking through an arduino enclosure. It'll be like a black box with a usb connection and one connector for the ribbon cable coming out of a sleave in the bottom of the junction box. Besides cleaning up it will allow ke to detach the arduino more easily. I currently have to remove the data logger shield (the red one) that snaps on to the arduino. Still plan to encase the rest to, or at least the 4 squares around the center.

Oh and those were apparently cake baking plates :D

Great arduino project plus...quite impressive and well thought out. Looking forward to seeing this in action.
Thanks, I got the arduino almost two years ago and finally had a good reason to do more than the basic practice examples. I kind of thought it out while getting high and building it till I ran out of pins. Got one left for a future contactless IR temp sensors to measure canopy temp.

It's already been in action a few times since late july in various stages. First with only cobs, then with reds, and since yesterday with the purp module (from led-tech.de, daytrade discount). The plants have been vegged too long on 400watt mh (on 4x4 space) and are mostly tall sativa dom, had a few days hps earlier this week/weekend, and 12 hours mh udring previous adjustements. Point is, it's a bit of a hybrid grow and will start a led only grow in about a month.

More pics in my thread in sig, but some from yesterday:

This is with the ~22watt blue-red center module only, and no flash on cam. Need to raise the light a bit to get a better spread but need to remove lowered reflective ceiling first...

Same but with camera flash on:

The white block is a humidity and temp sensor at canopy level.

Budshots:

Sativied

Sativied

Ruler of the Whorled
Supporter
and the osram reds speak for themselves.
Yes they do :) Actually if the center module would have come in all red I would have bought it too, but in hindsight I'm not unhappy with the 3 blues that are on it too. When I dim the cobs and 8 separate reds during veg, the blue-red ratio increases slighlty.

For completeness, I use these Osram Oslon SSL 120 (degrees) horticulture leds, the GH CSSPM1.24 for hyper red (660)
http://www.osram-os.com/osram_os/en/applications/areas-of-competence/horticulture-lighting/index.jsp

AvidLerner

AvidLerner

looks nice. I have a thread on the arduino here. I designed a LED light controller for eight lights with on/off/dim fade/duration called 3in1 dimming meanwell drivers
Check it out may give you some ideas. There is some code I provided, as well. not meaning to hijack your thread. Nice light fixture. peace

Sativied

Sativied

Ruler of the Whorled
Supporter
Anything in particular you'd like to see in pics?

The datalogger shield on top of the arduino has a small socalled prototype area, which besides the wire connections contains a few resistors and transistors (to turn on/off LCD with remote and based on timer, and to dim the meanwell).

The datalogger shield also comes with a Real Time Clock module + cell battery included (for accurate timer and saving time if power to arduino is off), and has an SD card slot. Haven't had a card in there for the past days, will put one in and post some graphs in a few days. The lcd screen has an SD card slot on the back too but not using that one.

I will look up my dash cam and try and make a video.

AvidLerner

AvidLerner

Anything in particular you'd like to see in pics?

View attachment 634318
The datalogger shield on top of the arduino has a small socalled prototype area, which besides the wire connections contains a few resistors and transistors (to turn on/off LCD with remote and based on timer, and to dim the meanwell).

The datalogger shield also comes with a Real Time Clock module + cell battery included (for accurate timer and saving time if power to arduino is off), and has an SD card slot. Haven't had a card in there for the past days, will put one in and post some graphs in a few days. The lcd screen has an SD card slot on the back too but not using that one.

I will look up my dash cam and try and make a video.

Have you considered mounting your arduino remotely and use some patch cords? It will clean up your install nicely. I like your light setup. I currently drive two lights. One has blues and 4COB, and the other has three Red channels and 4 COB. I am working on blue tooth as the next level for the controller. I remote mount the controller and run 5v patch cords to the relays on the drivers, and mount he led power supply remotely with the controller using patch cords from the drivers to the leds. You can then use your arduino to control more than one light. Another user did a similar project like yours which is what gave me my idea for a controller remotely mounted for multiple lights. great project and real nice and thoughtful. I really like it. peace

Sativied

Sativied

Ruler of the Whorled
Supporter
Have you considered mounting your arduino remotely and use some patch cords?
Actually yes I have, specifically in combination with a touch screen, which would be in the wall of my closet, on the outside, and control both the light, exhaust and watering (solenoids). I'm really trying to avoid getting into arduino more than I need, don't need another hobby, but will at some point replace the uno with a mega and add more features. I also want to replace IR with bluetooth someday, I have to aim the remote towards the receiver now, no biggie but not ideal.

I do use a patch cord already too, it's the red one, goes to relay for driver and dimming. I would need more than one though, only pin (of the digital and analog) on the uno I don't use, yet, is pin 0. And that's with the 4 temp sensors on OneWire if you know what I mean.

keiksweat

keiksweat

Weres the updates sativied?cant wait to see this in real grow.what size is the closet?great work bye the way mate,thanks for sharing.

Latest posts

Top Bottom