36 Hours Of Darkness: Helpful? Your Thoughts?

• Thread starter Lbgrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Lbgrower

Lbgrower

Wondering what you guys think of turning out lights for 3 days when moving to flower?

I have heard of a lot of people doing this to jump start flowering... Usually giving them a pre load of a little bloom prior to the dark period.

Also have heard of growers leaving the buds once finished in a final dark period? I believe another two days total darkness before harvest.

Do these techniques work??? Anyone see any benefits when using these techniques? Either increase in resin or yield?

Lbgrower

Lbgrower

Blast. Being that I already f***ef up my theoretical light cycle. I'm gonna say just flip them over to twelve and twelve. Bc I don't need anything more complicated for me to f it up.

G gnome

G gnome

So, here's my thoughts. ...

I have personally tried the 3 days of darkness b4 the flip. From my observations the plants stretched less than normal but a negligible amount. (A few inches) i did this on a strain i was very familiar with.

I have never tried 3 days of darkness b4 harvest but i dont think it wud make any real difference.

Problem is if u have a perpetual garden like most of us do u wud haveta have a designated location to leave them in dark which most of us dont. It doesn't seem worth it to waste valuable space just to put plants in the dark

Lbgrower

Lbgrower

So, here's my thoughts. ...

I have personally tried the 3 days of darkness b4 the flip. From my observations the plants stretched less than normal but a negligible amount. (A few inches) i did this on a strain i was very familiar with.

I have never tried 3 days of darkness b4 harvest but i dont think it wud make any real difference.

Problem is if u have a perpetual garden like most of us do u wud haveta have a designated location to leave them in dark which most of us dont. It doesn't seem worth it to waste valuable space just to put plants in the dark

I got a major issue with stretch and had no idea this could help. I was thinking it would benefit flower formation. Like quicker to begin putting on weight.

When you say you've tried it. Seems that isn't something you do in practice?

G gnome

G gnome

I got a major issue with stretch and had no idea this could help. I was thinking it would benefit flower formation. Like quicker to begin putting on weight.

No i generally dont bcuz like i sed im not willing to dedicate valuable space to keeping plants in the dark but if u got the space and a few inches make a big difference in ur garden then give it a try. I also think there are more effective ways of dealing w stretch such as bending, topping, etc.

G gnome

G gnome

I havent noticed that it shortens the flowering phase any more than just the 3 days that they're in the dark

P

PharmHand

Our power kept going out recently and I was pretty much ready to flip anyhow so I just said fuck it turned em off for about 36hours. I had another lil room flipped them the standard 12/12 bout 2w later. Same strains, nutes , lights yada yada.... The 36 h dark ones set buds 5 or 6 days sooner in their cycle and stayed a lil shorter like gnome said

Lbgrower

Lbgrower

Our power kept going out recently and I was pretty much ready to flip anyhow so I just said fuck it turned em off for about 36hours. I had another lil room flipped them the standard 12/12 bout 2w later. Same strains, nutes , lights yada yada.... The 36 h dark ones set buds 5 or 6 days sooner in their cycle and stayed a lil shorter like gnome said

Have you completed the cycle yet? Do you believe the buds setting quicker helped yeild? Or do we have to wait to find out?

P

PharmHand

Well I overvegged so I'm actually glad I did the extra darkness. It's not done yet and I had major power outage issues and a bunch of other factors so not the best comparison, but if I had to guess the ones without the prolonged darkness flip are gonna need an extra week but the spears are longer with a few extra sites per branch so might be heavier......

Lbgrower

Lbgrower

Things like this seem to come down to preference just a matter of style I guess. Thanks for the replys.

G gnome

G gnome

Things like this seem to come down to preference just a matter of style I guess. Thanks for the replys.
Btw....if u use the sites search function, theres a few threads on this subject already if ya wanna look into em. Might b some useful info

Top Bottom