3rd Grow, First 100% Led Flower

• Thread starter FreeTheBud
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

FreeTheBud

So I'm a little late getting this started. Room is six feet by ten feet. We are just starting week four under 12-12. I write off the first week since I transplant into the flower room, so let's call it week three. I have four sets of HLG's QB288V2 Triples, set up as shown in the pictures. Also a pair of the QB96 Elite V2 engines running on a light mover with a pair of lizard bulbs for whatever! Maybe the UV will sterilize the fungus gnats nads.
We are growing, three Peyote Criticals, three Girl Scout Crack, one Supreme Lemon, one Royal Guerilla, and two that I lost track of who they are. Maybe Big Alti by Kalashnikov Seeds.
100% coco with Roots Soul line for nutes.
The understory looks very cluttered and it is but I am torn about mass defoliation. What are your opinions on dealing with this and please suggest away. I'm a newbie with some coco under my nails.
I'll try posting pics at least weekly, more if growth gets really crazy. My last grow I had two tutinkamins that had 2 liter bottle buds but very leafy and fluffy under HPS.

3rd grow first 100 led flower
3rd grow first 100 led flower 2
3rd grow first 100 led flower 3
3rd grow first 100 led flower 4
3rd grow first 100 led flower 5
3rd grow first 100 led flower 6
F

FreeTheBud

Since I am in hydro I thought I would post my daily readings. I record daily the room temp and humidity at lights on and take res readings.
Room at on lights: 77% humidity, temp at 60f. This has been typical for about two weeks now. I'm thinking that I may have to add a dehumidifier in the room.
PPM 640 RES TEMP 63F, PH has been sitting at 5.6 for over a week now. Checked meter in cal solution no problems. Well water is ph 6.8 and 30 ppm. I have chased PH in the past, not sure why it is locked at 5.6. I add probably 5-7 gallons per day of straight well water in a 30 gallon res. Anybody have a static ph reading even when topping off daily?

F

FreeTheBud

Looks good. I’ve never done hydro. Got the towers coming. I’m seeing em now in my first scrog net.
My first two grows, being a noob and not sure what to expect, grew me out of the room. I could not access any of the plants in the back of the room so when I started to see nanners I had no choice but to cut. This time I am trying to keep things more contained or organized.

F

FreeTheBud

My second grow, which I harvested in September, I had a pretty good fungus gnat infestation. It raised hell with the next crop in veg. I lost quite a few small seedlings to those bastards. So being a little less naive this time I researched different solutions to these little bastards because I knew they would be back. It took a little over a week and they were repopulated in the room. 10 million nematodes later there has been a massive reduction the gnat population. Not to think they are gone completely, fuckers hide everywhere, but I was really impressed with the success of these nematodes. I still see a stray gnat from time to time but not hundreds!

F

FreeTheBud

@ lights RH was 71% and temp was 63f, temp outside today hovering around freezing. PPM 710 and res temp of 63f PH back to 5.6. And I added 150ml of Soul Infinity yesterday.

Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

You have those lights a bit high imo, but pictures can be deceiving. The 288 can run 7-10” with no burn but that’s from my experience

F

FreeTheBud

You have those lights a bit high imo, but pictures can be deceiving. The 288 can run 7-10” with no burn but that’s from my experience
I kind of screwed myself with the QB96 lights running under the QB's. They suck up a good 5 or 6 inches and I have to keep them probably 4 inches off the plants to prevent burn. The UV lights are also part of the whole assembly on the light mover although their profile is much lower then the 96's. I think it would be worth removing that on the next grow and compare.

Indiva710

Indiva710

With these LED's the room temp barley cracks 70F. All the drivers are mounted outside the room so no heat gains to be had from them.

Not sure if your drivers are stupid hot or if you have a fan blowing on them which is a great thing to keep them able to touch if you run them almost full power if not I did a alu frame that works great and helps airflow for both sides

20181026 144139
F

FreeTheBud

Not sure if your drivers are stupid hot or if you have a fan blowing on them which is a great thing to keep them able to touch if you run them almost full power if not I did a alu frame that works great and helps airflow for both sides
Nice set up Indiva710. I wanted to do something similar to what you did but I opted to mount them flush, not being 100% sure of the amount of heat they would generate. I did place a fan below them and that made a world of difference, now they are just warm to the touch. I do think I need to do something similar to what you did to get airflow on the backside of the drivers. When your new, I'm old, you listen and learn and always strive to make things better. Thank you for the reply.

F

FreeTheBud

@ lights room 81% RH 61f. PPM 640 63f. Added 210ml Soul Bloom and 150 Soul Big Swell. PPM at 840 64f and PH of 5.5. Never mentioned that the res is 30 gallons and it is dump and return with 6 cycles per light hours.
And a big skunkaroo yesterday ice fishing. It is a two trap lake so if it is slow it is really slow. Friend who I go with caught a nice 13 inch brookie, and back down the hole it went. The optimist always thinks there is better!

Top Bottom