3rd Grow, First 100% Led Flower

• Thread starter FreeTheBud
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Indiva710

Indiva710

Nice set up Indiva710. I wanted to do something similar to what you did but I opted to mount them flush, not being 100% sure of the amount of heat they would generate. I did place a fan below them and that made a world of difference, now they are just warm to the touch. I do think I need to do something similar to what you did to get airflow on the backside of the drivers. When your new, I'm old, you listen and learn and always strive to make things better. Thank you for the reply.

Thankyou I appreciate it however I'm going to change it a bit as I'm changing my setup and down grading my bloom room which is what my 8 drivers however I'm going to have 3 per contianer well 27gal that I have x2 plants ea with...so I'm going to put x6 drivers in a row I think and I have x3 240w drivers I can mount on it for my veg tent..as I did have 60w per plant in veg but I'm going to put the 60w on the sides of the plant hang them vertical and my new 120w will go above and will be lovely with 3500k and 4000k..and my bloom setup will now be x3 320xl hlg with 2700 & 3000k per bucket so 990w a 27gal and I'll have x2 instead of 4 w 660w ea as the x4 plants was just too much for my personal use even w extracts and edibles...

Indiva710

Indiva710

Damn that's crazy my 60w lights that are now my vertical side lights are the qb132s 3500k..I also have x2 more in my 2x2 cabinet i use for propagation and checking out new strains..I have the 561c model not the new 301b but my 288s v2 that are my new veg lights are the 301bs..and my bloom lights are 324s with the 757 v1 nichias mix spec 2700 & 3000k...I'm redoing some of my grow right now so got more work to do anyways...your the 1st person I've seen use one of those type of drivers for QB lights which is a great way to do it with the fan...however can you hook up a dimming switch to them or do they have one the added switch would be awesome and how much power diff they pull vs the meanwell cc/CV drivers a or b series ppl use I wish I would have done b series for all the modules and lighting options like diff color specs at certain times and brightness throughout the day and sunrise and sunset etc but o well I'll be just fine with my setup not gna buy all new drivers just for it thats for sure...I'm running my x4 qb132s on a 240w 2100a 8 believe it is and I have x2 240w 1750a for my x4 qb288s too that I need to hook up still..and build my add back kit too

Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

So the drivers have potentiometers built in, but I wanted an easy to access dial (cost like 15$) i then through in a multimeter display (15$?) so I get real time feed back. I labeled my zones and such so it’s easy even when toasted. I run a single drive for my middle light. I was going to throw a 288 in the middle but decided against it. I like the even intensity. The only thing I want to add at this time is some red strips on the flower tent. I also plant on swapping a few boards in the veg tent to make a more mixed spectrum.

View attachment 56861359639__19893C6F-D4BD-4C58-9A47-3180CB94DFC7.MOV

Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

You can look up the efficiencies of the two and compare them if you like. These are what you would find inside and electrical cabinet powering devices on CBC machines and all sorts of equipment. It’s not meant for inside a tent my any means. I think these matte efficient when you think about people running fans and that you are only using 2/3 of the available amperage that these can provide. Using a max of 7A and the drivers can run a consistent 9.7. I prefer to not run things at max and get more efficiency and less heat/wear/damage

Indiva710

Indiva710

So the drivers have potentiometers built in, but I wanted an easy to access dial (cost like 15$) i then through in a multimeter display (15$?) so I get real time feed back. I labeled my zones and such so it’s easy even when toasted. I run a single drive for my middle light. I was going to throw a 288 in the middle but decided against it. I like the even intensity. The only thing I want to add at this time is some red strips on the flower tent. I also plant on swapping a few boards in the veg tent to make a more mixed spectrum.

View attachment 850492
That's badass bro I def wish I would of went with b series drivers so I could hook it up to the new modules like the zigbee gateway75 pro that is app based for lighting control from dimming to timing etc..however I'm pretty sure I could hook up a meter to them to get real time power output on them which would be nice as I need to look into it more and go from there just been busy doing other things too..as I'm adding lights in my veg which I'm adding my 288s v2 4ks with my 132s 3500k so it should work out great and the ladies will love me for it

Dan789

Dan789

Nice grow going on here. Lots of things to consider for future mods. Hope you end up with a great harvest.

Latest posts

Top Bottom