3rd Run, 2000w Diesel X Ak

• Thread starter Whitesnake
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Whitesnake

Whitesnake

You absolutely check and Monitor runoff in Coco no exceptions.

In your experience what's a typical runoff PPM/pH? This run the first time I checked runoff ppm it read 8400ppm and i freaked out and flushed it down to 2000ppm, if anything I don't think they liked the flush. And my runoff pH was 6.5ish last night

fatawa

fatawa

20170810 202525
U put alot of chems n that...my gues is ph then.u can pump high ppm numbers alday long but if yur ph is off/unstable u cant recieve it.u shud b reading leaves to find yur numbers not setting a number to shoot for.this is the differnce in a comercial grower/basic grower.im like right behind u on my personal.look at my fan leaf stems n compare yurs

Polar510

Polar510

Typically it should be slightly lower or the same ppm of what you feed.
For instance I fed 600 ppm today and runoff was 430ppm. So next feed I will bump it up 100ppm.
If You dont test runoff You have no idea whats being absorbed. You will also have no clue what Your ph is.
All these things are important in Coco.
The high ppm run off 8400 was most likely because the sample you took had alot of accumilated salt Build up. Thats why when you let it runoff a bit more you got alot lower ppm.

fatawa

fatawa

Wen yur fan stems go red on underside thats no bueno unless its a genetic thing.wen there turning on top side thats an indication of wanting higher bloom nutes,or unavailable via ph

fatawa

fatawa

The high ppm run off 8400 was most likely because the sample you took had alot of accumilated salt Build up. Thats why when you let it runoff a bit more you got alot lower ppm
i totaly agree on this but theoretically u can hit the low ppm drop u wanna c by just flushing a bit more....

Polar510

Polar510

Absolutely!
If You see the plants stressed flush it to desired ppm. Thats the great thing about coco.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

I don't test runoff...
That sounds about as exciting as jacking off a Alligator. ...

Feed the plant 1.6 ec to run off as many times a day as it takes...

Almost all problems in coco is underwatering...
Usually combined with high ec
Caused salt build up and tox.
Just follow good watering practices and you will be fine...
I shouldn't be over 1000 ppm in coco imo Unless u got a hella set up, and c02

Polar510

Polar510

Well I have never jacked off an alligator or a crocodile lol.
But what I would say until You establish a solid feed routine its a usefull tool. It will help You understand how much and when to feed. Helped Me alot.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Well I have never jacked off an alligator or a crocodile lol.
But what I would say until You establish a solid feed routine its a usefull tool. It will help You understand how much and when to feed. Helped Me alot.
Prob is it doesn't tell you the truth. Coco actually releases one mineral when it's absorbs Ca. I can't remember exactly , I just know testing run off can drive you insane and nothing like chasing your tail...

@Wisher619 will you explain the cation exchange AGAIN lol..

Brother you ought to just save some of these explanations so when I put you on the spot u can copy and paste lol

Wisher619

Wisher619

Prob is it doesn't tell you the truth. Coco actually releases one mineral when it's absorbs Ca. I can't remember exactly , I just know testing run off can drive you insane and nothing like chasing your tail...

@Wisher619 will you explain the cation exchange AGAIN lol..

Brother you ought to just save some of these explanations so when I put you on the spot u can copy and paste lol
https://www.maximumyield.com/buffer...xchange-capacity-in-coco-growing-media/2/1318

here you go

Polar510

Polar510

Thx fellas!
I have heard about it.
Im just not sold that it makes a big enough difference to justify Not checking runoff.
IMO if You manage Your salts with plain water every other feeding and satisfy calmag You will come pretty damn close.
But not to test because the exchange rate might throw it off seems silly to Me and a nonsensical approach to growing in Coco.
Most importantly dont make drastic adjustments based on water runoff. Observe the plants and make adjustments based on that.

Last edited:
EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Thx fellas!
I have heard about it.
Im just not sold that it makes a big enough difference to justify Not checking runoff.
IMO if You manage Your salts with plain water every other feeding and satisfy calmag You will come pretty damn close.
But not to test because the exchange rate might throw it off seems silly to Me and a nonsensical approach to growing in Coco.
Most importantly dont make drastic adjustments based on water runoff. Observe the plants and make adjustments based on that.
We'll you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make em drink it...

Polar510

Polar510

Thats ok everyone has there own methods.
To clarify:
I check when something looks off not at every feeding.

Wisher619

Wisher619

Thx fellas!
I have heard about it.
I dont want to come off as a dick
and no Disrespect
but that is the most nonsensical thing I have read in a while
adjusting with plain water is the EXACT OPPOSITE of what you should ever do in coco

maybe you should read and reread the article I posted from Maximum yield

when you feed 500ppm Ca and the runoff reads 50ppm Ca
well that is a huge difference
so if that happened what would be your course of action

IMO you should ACTUALLY know about the medium you are using to be able to efficiently use that medium to its fullest potential
that dosnt mean NOT checking runoff
but what it does mean is you should brush up on how you should properly treat that medium
if you dont know what is going on and you arent actually doing an elemental analysis of the runoff then there is no way to accurately measure what you are seeing

so there is no way to adjust your feed now is there?
I would leave runoff to the commercial grower whom have staff that check elemental ppm runoff
and adjust accordingly

there is a easy home remedy for this but it seems like many people are convinced that what they are doing is correct

again no disrespect
and happy growing
hope all is well and prosperous

Polar510

Polar510

I started to post a long winded explanation of why I do it and blah blah blah.... I dont have a horse in the race. Its just something I do.

Top Bottom