3rd Year Outdoor Grow, Reoccurring issue can't seem to lick. Help Please....

• Thread starter ccgwfish123
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ccgwfish123

ccgwfish123

Hello all, I am a frequent reader here at THCFARMER, lov the family and wealth of information. Learn a lot. I have a question hoping a member may be able to help with. I believe I have a Nitrogen deficiency and am asking for some help figuring this thing out, not my first rodeo with this issue, just unresolved. Old lady here willing to learn a trick or two. Soil- PH balanced soil, worm castings, and Potters gold, and perlite. Outside grow. Nectar of the Gods line, Spartan regimen. Plants have always been hungry, finally PPMs are rising currently at 300, slurry test 7 Ph. I am feeding feeding and feeding, then rain washes the spider out. Problem, large fan leaves yellowing. Usually lower to mid-rise up the plants. Every plant. using brewed tea, worm casting and molasses on my second drink. Heading into Late veg, just starting late veg nutrients.

Floating some photo's your way, hopefully getting this licked, as it is concerning to me and is driving me nuts! I appreciate you taking a gander.
Cannabis 5
Cannabis 3
Cannabis 1
Cannabis 4

ArtfulCodger

ArtfulCodger

Given that at least some of your nutrition is coming from an organic source (worm castings and teas), I wonder if bigger pots might help. Tough to tell from the pics, but it looks like you might have big plants in small pots.

ccgwfish123

ccgwfish123

Given that at least some of your nutrition is coming from an organic source (worm castings and teas), I wonder if bigger pots might help. Tough to tell from the pics, but it looks like you might have big plants in small pots.
Plants are planted directly in soil. We primarily set on clay here. The soil has been amended throughout the years, possible no room for growth. Hmmm, I haven't given it a thought. I may be to loosen some soil around the plant if that is at all possible.

ArtfulCodger

ArtfulCodger

Plants are planted directly in soil. We primarily set on clay here. The soil has been amended throughout the years, possible no room for growth. Hmmm, I haven't given it a thought. I may be to loosen some soil around the plant if that is at all possible.
My bad. Thought I saw a pot in the third pic.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Happens on mine also. Until I find out otherwise, I just consider it normal. Kind of an out with the old, in with the new, thing as long as it’s not too wide spread.

ccgwfish123

ccgwfish123

Happens on mine also. Until I find out otherwise, I just consider it normal. Kind of an out with the old, in with the new, thing as long as it’s not too wide spread.
Normal sounds nice. Happens every year, harvests are great in the end. Maybe nothing to worry about.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
That’s the way I look at it. Those old shade leaves find themselves hidden away on the inside of the plant down low and their usefulness is kind of over. I I like to think the plant just decides to dump them in favor of new growth. But I see it all the time also. Doesn’t seem to bother anything.

ccgwfish123

ccgwfish123

That’s the way I look at it. Those old shade leaves find themselves hidden away on the inside of the plant down low and their usefulness is kind of over. I I like to think the plant just decides to dump them in favor of new growth. But I see it all the time also. Doesn’t seem to bother anything.
Thank you Oldchucky, I am kind of daily watcher over my girls, drives them crazy and me too.

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
Hello all, I am a frequent reader here at THCFARMER, lov the family and wealth of information. Learn a lot. I have a question hoping a member may be able to help with. I believe I have a Nitrogen deficiency and am asking for some help figuring this thing out, not my first rodeo with this issue, just unresolved. Old lady here willing to learn a trick or two. Soil- PH balanced soil, worm castings, and Potters gold, and perlite. Outside grow. Nectar of the Gods line, Spartan regimen. Plants have always been hungry, finally PPMs are rising currently at 300, slurry test 7 Ph. I am feeding feeding and feeding, then rain washes the spider out. Problem, large fan leaves yellowing. Usually lower to mid-rise up the plants. Every plant. using brewed tea, worm casting and molasses on my second drink. Heading into Late veg, just starting late veg nutrients.

Floating some photo's your way, hopefully getting this licked, as it is concerning to me and is driving me nuts! I appreciate you taking a gander.View attachment 2018475View attachment 2018476View attachment 2018477View attachment 2018479

If I haven't said it before, Howdy, and welcome to the Farm! 🤠

I don't think you're lacking too much in nitrogen, I think your plant is asking for some Potassium (K).

The leaves look healthy green, some showing signs of tip burn which is from too much (N) and/or possibly the start of potassium deficiency.

Do you have any sort of potassium booster you can add to your feed? Might want to consider that. Maybe some potash amendment might be called for.

Other than that it looks pretty good!

One last thing, check under your leaves for bugs. I'm seeing signs of spider mite or some kind of bug damage, on a few of the leaves here. Look under the leaves with the white spots on them. Let us know if you find anything!

Good luck and keep up the good work! 🤠

ccgwfish123

ccgwfish123

I don't think you're lacking too much in nitrogen, I think your plant is asking for some Potassium (K).

The leaves look healthy green, some showing signs of tip burn which is from too much (N) and/or possibly the start of potassium deficiency.

Do you have any sort of potassium booster you can add to your feed? Might want to consider that. Maybe some potash amendment might be called for.

One last thing, check under your leaves for bugs. I'm seeing signs of spider mite or some kind of bug damage, on a few of the leaves here. Look under the leaves with the white spots on them. Let us know if you find anything!

Hi there, thank you. I do not have any potassium booster, any recommendations? I as well questioned Potassium. Yes, I have been spraying for bugs, using plant therapy along with another not coming to me at the moment. Nectar line, a kelp based, may do the trick, need to look into how to add this to my recipe it is called. Poseidonzyme

ccgwfish123

ccgwfish123

Not sure if I made a mistake with my reply getting back to you. Hi there, thank you. I do not have any potassium booster, any recommendations? I as well questioned Potassium. Yes, I have been spraying for bugs, using plant therapy along with another not coming to me at the moment. Nectar line, a kelp based, may do the trick, need to look into how to add this to my recipe it is called. Poseidonzyme

Top Bottom