3x3 tent in a closet, air concerns

• Thread starter Deemonic
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Deemonic

Deemonic

I bought a 3x3 grow tent to go inside my closet as an atmospheric/ smell control, but it ended up barely fitting. Only one side is accessible, the other sides are flush against the wall and there's only several inch clearance behind the tent. Ill have access to two of the multiple ventilation sites, but the rest are flush against the wall. I plan on using one site to pull in fresh air and one to vent into the attic, will this be enough air exchange? Someone recommended a 4 inch fan to go with the tent, but I'm just worried with the tent being so tightly wedged in the closet I still won't have good enough air supply. Any advice will be greatly appreciated

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

I bought a 3x3 grow tent to go inside my closet as an atmospheric/ smell control, but it ended up barely fitting. Only one side is accessible, the other sides are flush against the wall and there's only several inch clearance behind the tent. Ill have access to two of the multiple ventilation sites, but the rest are flush against the wall. I plan on using one site to pull in fresh air and one to vent into the attic, will this be enough air exchange? Someone recommended a 4 inch fan to go with the tent, but I'm just worried with the tent being so tightly wedged in the closet I still won't have good enough air supply. Any advice will be greatly appreciated
As long as you can vent the heat out of the tent, you're good. A 4 inch inline exhaust fan will be enough to vent your tent.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Of course, you need an equal amount of air coming in...

HaveApuff

HaveApuff

Your 3 x 3 grow tent has approximately 60 cubic feet of space, and since most 4" inline fans move somewhere around 190+ cubic feet of minute, then in theory you would be moving enough air inside your tent to exchange that air almost 3 times in 1 minute. As long as you have ample fresh/ cool air coming in you should be ok 👍

dred

dred

i have a 3x3 not sure i would exhaust into attic unless you don’t care about mold
i also run a 6 inch cloud line exaust and 4 inch clout intake
only have to run 6 inch about 1/2 runs quieter then the 4

Ponky

Ponky

Do not exhaust into your attic. Do not draw air through the attic. It is not worth it. A 3x3 with a 4" duct is fine. A 6" duct fan is better.
I use an AC window kit to attach my air intake. (The air passes through a filter)
In case you need options.

Deemonic

Deemonic

Hey, thanks for the info guys. I was planning on doing that because I read that it will contain the smell better, but def don't want to get into mold problems. What would you suggest instead? I could leave the closet door open and put up tapestries to conceal that corner, then have my intake and outtake tubes outside of the closet?

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Hey, thanks for the info guys. I was planning on doing that because I read that it will contain the smell better, but def don't want to get into mold problems. What would you suggest instead? I could leave the closet door open and put up tapestries to conceal that corner, then have my intake and outtake tubes outside of the closet?
There are better deals out there, but this is what you are looking for;
https://www.amazon.com/MARS-HYDRO-Controller-Ducting-Ventilation/dp/B08RZ3D69D/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
Do you live in a super humid place? I built my grow into my 2x8 closet and I exhaust into the attic but I also will be only flowering in there with low humidity. The negative pressure from your exhaust fan will suck fresh air in no problem. I have panda film across my whole space and then I even close the closet doors that fold straight and meet in the middle. If your worried about mold after drilling your 4in hole and running some ducting go into the attic and run some more ducting to exhaust outside from that point. That’s wut I originally planned on doing but I bought a veg/mother tent that will be using the higher levels of RH. Ppl say it causes mold but idk man everytime I’m in my attic it’s hot as balls and humid in there already it’s not like an attic you can access easily and store things so I really don’t see the concern.

wallrus246

wallrus246

Do not exhaust into your attic. Do not draw air through the attic. It is not worth it. A 3x3 with a 4" duct is fine. A 6" duct fan is better.
I use an AC window kit to attach my air intake. (The air passes through a filter)
In case you need options.
would i be fine with a 4" fan for a 4x2
or would six be better

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Think before you build. Where do you live and how much change can you afford to make in the environment on a constant basis?
We live in Hawaii. There is no way I can afford to run the equipment I would need, so we went a different direction.
We have the tents open during their lights on and we have large room fans keeping lots of airflow.
The extra airflow keeps everything within the VPD charts and I don't pay for an A/C bill. And we have had no issues with mold or rot.

Latest posts

Top Bottom