3'X4' flowering room. few questions

• Thread starter Twist
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

Twist

First this is my first post to the site. Have been on others in the past and have "lurked" on this a little recently and figured I'd migrate over. I'm fairly new. Had grown 5 or 6 yrs ago and just started back up. My flower room is about 3x4 with 600 watt hps. I can fit either 15 or 24 square pots in there. Which would you suggest? Also just made the switch from fox farms to the biocanna line. Currently using ocean forest soil. I'm doing kind of a perpetual cycle harvesting half the room every 5 weeks. Would it be best to skip the perpetual and just do one harvest? I'm growing applejack and seem to be getting less then acceptable yields. Thanks a lot in advance!

JohnGalt

JohnGalt

Interesting. Perpetual cycle with single room? So you started half the room 5 weeks later than the other half? I'm sorry, I have more questions than you. That seems like it would grant you an uneven canopy. Also possibly more human exposure to to the plants in the flower room. Could be a bad thing seeing with that many plants in that space it would be like Twister trying to avoid bumping into the other plants. I'm running the Ocean forest Soil in my mother room and don't have any complaints. Except the price.

T

Twist

Yes that's correct on the uneven canopy but only by about 6 inchrs or so. As far as it being cramped its not bad since the veg time isn't very long.

JohnGalt

JohnGalt

I did a quick lumens per Sq ft. calculations and you should be fine assuming your walls are composed of reflective material or flat white paint. If your intentions are to do a sog then I would choose to run 15 sites in that room. You may be able to squeeze the 24 site if your going with scrog setup. Your really pushing that room to its limit though. I'm under the assumption that your room has a horizontal bulb with a reflector. Correct me if I'm wrong.

T

Twist

You're correct. 600 hps vertically. New flat white paint. 600 cfm fan with charcoal and fresh intake

JohnGalt

JohnGalt

You're correct. 600 hps vertically. New flat white paint. 600 cfm fan with charcoal and fresh intake

Vertically? Not really the best for sog or scrog. Your going to have a jungle in there sir with out some serious lst. I'm anxious for some pictures.

hiboy

hiboy

Verts are more for placing around ur plants, not directly above them. When placed around u can utilize the whole length of a bulb, but when above ur only getting the tip. I would place it horiz in an air cooled hood. Dont get fancy, this style will do u best.
h

T

Twist

Verts are more for placing around ur plants, not directly above them. When placed around u can utilize the whole length of a bulb, but when above ur only getting the tip. I would place it horiz in an air cooled hood. Dont get fancy, this style will do u best.
h

My bad guys. Definitley horizontally. I had just gotten done reading a post on verts ha.

Top Bottom