3x7 Tray and 150 plants

• Thread starter fd3swidow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
fd3swidow

fd3swidow

what would you guys recommend in doing 150 babies in a tray with 3 600's and advanced nutes complete line. Im not sure how I should flood and drain the tray or if I should just leave it filling and draining 24/7.

F

Farmer Jon

Premium Member
Supporter
Build it, 2x4's, plywood (painted with a good coat of kills) and a layer of panda film ( or other thick plastic) you can make any size or shape ya need.
and if you are gonna rock that many, with 3 600's i'd suggest a VERY short veg.
FJ

W

weedfarm

150 plants on 3x7, thats a real SOG.....:)

That may be a little too many plants. usually 4 per square foot is the standard. You have 21 sq feet. 150 is around 7 psf.

Build table out of plywood and pond liner or shower pan liner. Panda film can tear. You also want to counter sink your E&F fittings. A cheap easy way is to cut a a square out of the table. Then cut a piece of plywood a couple inches larger than that hole and cover the hole with it, screwing from the top down. Now drill your E&F fitting holes and you have fittings that are countersunk the 1/2 or whatever the thickness of your plywood is.

dont keep flooding and draining. Flood every 3-4 hours lights on. Maybe once at lights off.

NO VEG. Use good rooted clones, and lollipop them for single colas

fd3swidow

fd3swidow

of course i will be building the tray :-) but i was thinking of atleast 2-3wks veg time i want to aim for 2 oz per plant....i have a few strains available to use but since in more of a RDWC guy im not too well versed in a SOG im limited to what i can use electric wise and feel a SOG will be better for my current situation...im planning on 4x4x4 grodan cubes with hydroton over them....any other suggestions?

hiboy

hiboy

Sometimes less is more.
Def. an overcrowded situtation there.

B

Bobby Smith

of course i will be building the tray :-) but i was thinking of atleast 2-3wks veg time i want to aim for 2 oz per plant....i have a few strains available to use but since in more of a RDWC guy im not too well versed in a SOG im limited to what i can use electric wise and feel a SOG will be better for my current situation...im planning on 4x4x4 grodan cubes with hydroton over them....any other suggestions?

For shits and giggles, I ran 142 plants (would've been 144 but the drains on my table wouldn't allow it) in a 4x4 tray - 4" netpots, hydroton, flooded every two hours.

Got (for me) a really good yield - somewhere in the range of 1.5 (didn't bother trimming all of it, so there's still a shit ton sitting in my closet), and that was with NO LOLLIPOPPING (not recommended, was just lazy and didn't really care about that grow) and *virtually* no attention paid the entire grow.

Like the SeeMoreBuds experiment, I had to pull about 30 plants that just couldn't keep up and they got throw directly into the hash pile.

Probably spent <2 hours on that grow from start to finish - long story short, high plant counts are the easiest way to get good yields that I know of, but you're not gonna be getting 2 ounces per plant...........lol, that'd be like a pound per square foot.........

So it can be done, but I sure as fuck wouldn't be using rockwool covered with hydroton? (huh?)

Either use the 4" cubes by themselves (plenty large enough to support a 10 gram-ish plant) or use 4" square pots with hydroton.

Good luck, but like some here have said - if this is your first go at it, more than 4 plants per sq foot is *kinda* ambitious - I'd probably recommend a solid 4 per/sqft, and then after that run you can decide for yourself what you wanna do.

W

weedfarm

7 per square foot with 2-3 week veg time? umm I do not see that working out too well

Just use the 4x4 cubes, flood enough that the cubes dry out a bit. Once they get bigger, they will probably need to be flooded more. This is what I read, never actually used RW before

fd3swidow

fd3swidow

Thanks for all the imput. This is not my first grow but it is my first in a tray. What I am wondering and ive never seen is a recirculating tray? basically keeping the tray flooding and draining at all times. Wouldnt that method increase yield? its basically a RDWC but with a tray....Kinda high right now so id figure id ask :-)

H

headybro

dude 150X2 ounces per plant would be about 18 pounds off of 1800 watts, you can realistically expect ten or eleven grams per plant if everything is dialed in perfectly.

Latest posts

Top Bottom