4-1000watt ballast's in 1

• Thread starter SodaLicious
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
KitsapGrapeApe

KitsapGrapeApe

that seems like a bad idea to me, what if just 1 ballast inside there goes out? then you're screwed cause you'll lose 4 ballast instead of just 1

SAMCRO

SAMCRO

I agree. Totally. Bad Idea. Nice concept but not for quick change out of a bad unit.

KennyPowers

KennyPowers

heres what purgro has to say

Field repairable, too. Your PurGro dealer can fix these ballasts right in the store with a simple Field Repair kit from PurGro. Try THAT with anyone's else's digital ballast. Solid equipment, great price, and you can actually fix it yourself.

http://www.purgro.com/ballast.html

and yea, this has been up before.

KitsapGrapeApe

KitsapGrapeApe

heres what purgro has to say

Field repairable, too. Your PurGro dealer can fix these ballasts right in the store with a simple Field Repair kit from PurGro. Try THAT with anyone's else's digital ballast. Solid equipment, great price, and you can actually fix it yourself.

http://www.purgro.com/ballast.html

and yea, this has been up before.
to me that doesn't matter what if i move, shop closes or i bought off the net?

SodaLicious

SodaLicious

I agree with your point, but if you can get the repair kit, and are somewhat hands on, then it's a huge savings. If anyone has the link for the previous thread on this please post it here, I am interested in reading it for sure.

SodaLicious

SodaLicious

I plan on buying off the net. I will never go back to my hydro dealer. in january I brought back a lumatech 1000watt hps ballast that was supposed to be under warranty. It's now what, august and they still haven't done anything the ballast is still in their store. Like WTF?? For me if I loose 1 of the 4, I will fix it with the field repair kit. Next grow I think I am upgrading to this.

sedate

sedate

SodaLicious said:
. I will never go back to my hydro dealer. in january I brought back a lumatech 1000watt hps ballast that was supposed to be under warranty.

I've had two ballast die on me in 4 years - both times they were swapped by the shops I bought them from no problems at all. I know both HydroFarm and SunSystems pay their dealers to swap broken parts out of mag cores instead of shipping these back to the distributor or a repair center.

Digital ballasts usually get swapped on the spot w/ a receipt.

So this sort of surprises me - find another store.

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

I bought a 2 Lumateks from stealitback.com a few years ago. They were interfering with somethings around the house, because they were the OLD ones that weren't RF shielded. Called up Lumatek and the NEXT DAY I had replacements. That sold me on Lumatek.....I will NEVER use anything else.

SodaLicious

SodaLicious

I've had two ballast die on me in 4 years - both times they were swapped by the shops I bought them from no problems at all. I know both HydroFarm and SunSystems pay their dealers to swap broken parts out of mag cores instead of shipping these back to the distributor or a repair center.

Digital ballasts usually get swapped on the spot w/ a receipt.

So this sort of surprises me - find another store.

Exactly my point. Had the reciept. Feel like i get the shaft at my store, but there isn't another one for 3000 miles. Oh well, I found Discount Hydroponics online, and they have excellent customer service.

Top Bottom