• Thread starter Future
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Future

Future

1K4_420.jpg

The PurGro 1k4 ballast
http://www.purgro.com/ballast.html

Has anyone seen this? Im buying a whole new batch of ballasts and damn does this thing look like a dream

joehank

joehank

nice idea, but potentially if it failed it could really ruin your day, to say the least

dankworth

dankworth

Grobot looks fun. Been looking for a plug-and-play gig that would let me monitor shit from elsewheres.

Olyver

Olyver

If it has a built in flip, there would be 8 lamp receptacles on the top, I only see 4. I'd be concerned to about one of the ballast's PCB fail and need to be replaced. Don't see any more pics at the purgro website, no pics of the bottom, power cord, reset breakers, etc. You can buy 4 electronic ballasts $1000 and 4 single ballast quickflips $400, that's about $200 more, but can easilly switch out any of the ballasts or quickflips.

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
It's what's referred to as a single point of failure. Taking a look it does not seems modular, so a single ballast 'module' could not be replaced if needed.

outwest

joehank

joehank

Grobot looks fun. Been looking for a plug-and-play gig that would let me monitor shit from elsewheres.

Me too. I looked at the Growtronix products and sent them an email but got no replies. I don't even know if they are still in business. Some people here said that there is interference from digital ballasts that cause stuff to malfunction. I don't see how that's possible since everything is wired but you never know

Future

Future

Thanks alot guys, I'm just gonna stick to my old ways then, because if that thing did fail I'd be hurting.

And If you're looking for a controller with alerts and all that check this bitch out, just seen her and I want!

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

One problem and you have 2 complete rooms fubar,no redundancy.I like the out of box thinking though.

ttystikk

ttystikk

KISS = Keep It Simple, Stupid.

I'm actually headed in the opposite direction of this unit; I want to build a flipbox with multiple circuits comprised of standardized parts, all on an open, fully modular frame. That way, if any part of any of the circuits fails, I can replace it without having to take the whole thing offline, or worse, have to ship the whole unit back to the mfr for service. Worst case scenario? One circuit is down for however long it would take to get parts, in case I ran out of spares.

If mfrs began building gear like this, I'm betting they would have trouble keeping it on the shelves...

joehank

joehank

Thanks alot guys, I'm just gonna stick to my old ways then, because if that thing did fail I'd be hurting.

And If you're looking for a controller with alerts and all that check this bitch out, just seen her and I want!
That looks nice, and cheaper than growtronix. Heck a CO2 controller with Fuzzy Logic is over 400 bucks alone. Good find!

highdesertgardener

highdesertgardener

1K4_420.jpg

The PurGro 1k4 ballast
http://www.purgro.com/ballast.html

Has anyone seen this? Im buying a whole new batch of ballasts and damn does this thing look like a dream
Ballast1
This is the standard version, 100w,600w,400w, you can use any wattage bulb. Also has a 5% over drive, Solis Boost. i.e. 1000w=1040w, 600w=630w, 400w=420w. Retails around $349. There is also a Matrix version that comes with an optional remote control $19.99. The remote is a master lighting controller. and saves you $150+ You can operate up to 1000 ballasts off of one remote and has a built in timer. The matrix has a LCD screen and you can program the 7 preset light cycles i.e. 12/12, 18/6, 23/1 etc. and wattage on the LCD screen. This retails around $399...5 yr, 2yr pro-rated warranty...Check out You Tube and watch the videos or look us up on Facebook....www.solis-tek.com

skuzz99

skuzz99

View attachment 231215This is the standard version, 100w,600w,400w, you can use any wattage bulb. Also has a 5% over drive, Solis Boost. i.e. 1000w=1040w, 600w=630w, 400w=420w. Retails around $349. There is also a Matrix version that comes with an optional remote control $19.99. The remote is a master lighting controller. and saves you $150+ You can operate up to 1000 ballasts off of one remote and has a built in timer. The matrix has a LCD screen and you can program the 7 preset light cycles i.e. 12/12, 18/6, 23/1 etc. and wattage on the LCD screen. This retails around $399...5 yr, 2yr pro-rated warranty...Check out You Tube and watch the videos or look us up on Facebook....www.solis-tek.com

do u work 4 them?

SkunkDoctor

SkunkDoctor

looks interesting. would like to try one out. but man if it did fuck up that would suck.

G

Greg Richter

Glad you like the 1K4! I designed it. :) If a channel goes down, you can open the thing up and swap out that board. Unlike most ballasts, this one is built to be FIELD REPAIRABLE. We even have a field repair kit available. Swap the board, send it to us. If it's in date code, we send you another one and you're field repair kit is stocked back up. The heat sinking is very unusual for ballasts, more what you typically see in high end audio. The MOSFETs are on the bottom of the board and bolted _through_ to the heatsink. Runs much cooler than you'd expect. The idea here is that you should be able to work on them, fix them, keep them going without having to send them back the Shenzhen to have all the plastic gunk scraped off. We don't do that. We use a silicone conform coating which costs a little more, but you can at least fix the things. If you'd like to test one out, drop me a note at PurGro and we'll hook you up.

persiankid

persiankid

Glad you like the 1K4! I designed it. :) If a channel goes down, you can open the thing up and swap out that board. Unlike most ballasts, this one is built to be FIELD REPAIRABLE. We even have a field repair kit available. Swap the board, send it to us. If it's in date code, we send you another one and you're field repair kit is stocked back up. The heat sinking is very unusual for ballasts, more what you typically see in high end audio. The MOSFETs are on the bottom of the board and bolted _through_ to the heatsink. Runs much cooler than you'd expect. The idea here is that you should be able to work on them, fix them, keep them going without having to send them back the Shenzhen to have all the plastic gunk scraped off. We don't do that. We use a silicone conform coating which costs a little more, but you can at least fix the things. If you'd like to test one out, drop me a note at PurGro and we'll hook you up.

Great work Greg! Just saw these a few days ago and really like what I see. I personally am very interested in testing one of these out. If they work great and are reliable I'm going to end up needing a bunch of them... heading to PurGro to drop you a note now...

Dr.Pepper

Dr.Pepper

awesome innovations by PurGro!!!

excited about the possibilities....

Olyver

Olyver

How about a few pics or a video of the inside, show customers how easy it is to replace the ballast PCB. Looks like a prototype to me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom