4 26 watt cfl grow Q

• Thread starter 2leftshoes
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

2leftshoes

Whats up all

success idea in the works
so im thinking that if i grow one auto plant under 4 26 watt 6500k cfl bulbs for veg an then for flower i will use 3 2700k 24watt and 1 6500k 26 watt cfl with the 3 foxfarm nutes grow big, big bloom, and tiger bloom in fox farm ocean soil in a 5 gallon bucket well i heavily lst it I could get from a oZ to 2.5 oz of sticky dank every 15 days if i run 4 autos in a closet each under 4 cfls

I want others to look this over to see if that kind of wattage could get that kind of yeild

Thanks

Tnelz

Tnelz

Whats up all

success idea in the works
so im thinking that if i grow one auto plant under 4 26 watt 6500k cfl bulbs for veg an then for flower i will use 3 2700k 24watt and 1 6500k 26 watt cfl with the 3 foxfarm nutes grow big, big bloom, and tiger bloom in fox farm ocean soil in a 5 gallon bucket well i heavily lst it I could get from a oZ to 2.5 oz of sticky dank every 15 days if i run 4 autos in a closet each under 4 cfls

I want others to look this over to see if that kind of wattage could get that kind of yeild

Thanks
I think and I'm not an expert on autos but u could probably do the lower end of ur estimate. Not sure what ur growing in though and that will be a factor. Imo if u were to go with hempy buckets say 3 gallon hempys u may even do better. However for all the time and energy u will spend on that u could probably grow one or two real plants and get the same result with less work. I've done OK the couple time I've grown autos. Actually growing a climax auto now as an experiment under some cfls but I'm growing her in a quart container hempy just to see what happens. I'll throw a pic up tomorrow. Had I put her in a larger container it would've produced quite a bit. Made this particular set up just to grow autos when I get them as freebies. Again I'll post some pics tomorrow for u. I want to stress I'm no expert on autos. Question why not get yourself a hid set up? If u r set on autos I think u should seriously consider hempy buckets. Super easy to do and crazy growth rates and above average yeilds. What strain will u be growing?

Tnelz

Tnelz

I think and I'm not an expert on autos but u could probably do the lower end of ur estimate. Not sure what ur growing in though and that will be a factor. Imo if u were to go with hempy buckets say 3 gallon hempys u may even do better. However for all the time and energy u will spend on that u could probably grow one or two real plants and get the same result with less work. I've done OK the couple time I've grown autos. Actually growing a climax auto now as an experiment under some cfls but I'm growing her in a quart container hempy just to see what happens. I'll throw a pic up tomorrow. Had I put her in a larger container it would've produced quite a bit. Made this particular set up just to grow autos when I get them as freebies. Again I'll post some pics tomorrow for u. I want to stress I'm no expert on autos. Question why not get yourself a hid set up? If u r set on autos I think u should seriously consider hempy buckets. Super easy to do and crazy growth rates and above average yeilds. What strain will u be growing?
Sorry I now see u will be using soil.

2leftshoes

I got you bro a pic would be killer but on top of the 4 plant grow in the closet i was planning on getting a 4x4x6.5 grow tent in the same room with a 600 watt hps in it with 4 photos running in it at one time. also are the hempy containers made out of that threaded plastic kinda like the smart pots that ive seen advertised? because i was thinking i could just cut lines into the 5 gallon plastic buckets so the roots get more air!

Strains im thinking on ordering first
-Candy Kush
-cherry Bomb
-Cash Crop
-Northern Light Blue

Tnelz

Tnelz

I got you bro a pic would be killer but on top of the 4 plant grow in the closet i was planning on getting a 4x4x6.5 grow tent in the same room with a 600 watt hps in it with 4 photos running in it at one time. also are the hempy containers made out of that threaded plastic kinda like the smart pots that ive seen advertised? because i was thinking i could just cut lines into the 5 gallon plastic buckets so the roots get more air!

Strains im thinking on ordering first
-Candy Kush
-cherry Bomb
-Cash Crop
-Northern Light Blue
First off awesome line up! Should be sick. I run the same size tent and light. Have a led in there and a 125wt cfl. So then if I understand the autos would just be a side project. In that case I think ur lights will be OK. I would use the same amount of lights u r talking about using and just grow two plants. Think u would come out a little better. More light on two plants will probably give u more than not enough light for four plants. I'm high so I hope u catch what I mean. Anyway hempy is a passive hydro system with no moving parts. A bucket say a three gallon with a hole drilled into it. Watching a movie with my girl bro. Can't explain it all now. Sorry. Google hempy and u will see exactly what it is and how easy. I'll get back with u soon.

Tnelz

Tnelz

Hoping for some other opinions though. Search this place bro. Tons of info on autos and hempy and cfl grows. This place is full of awesome growers.

justanotherbozo

justanotherbozo

Tnelz is right, hempy is the way to go but you don't want to waste your time trying to get those numbers with CFLs if you have the option of a 600HPS in a tent.

i personally grow inside a 4 x 4 tent around a single barebulb 600HPS vertical style and i flower 8 plants at a time each in 6liter coco hempy buckets and i feed KISS style with Jack's Pro's hydro formula and their calcium/nitrate and i routinely pull 12 to 15 zipz every 9 weeks.

...if this is your first grow then i'd suggest you get yourself a bale of coco from Amazon and i'd also suggest you get a 2lb bag of MaxiBloom, then go to a local Lowes or even Walmart and look for a bag of either hydroton, grorocks, lavarock or even 3/4inch gravel will do.

once you have those three items you have the necessary's to fill your hempys and feed your plants, now all you need do is select your pots and 5gallons is WAY bigger than you will EVER need to go inside a tent.

here are a couple of pics of some of my early hempys when i was first learning the technique, note that the 'pots' i chose are nothing more than cut down 2liter Coke bottles, almost any water tight container can be used.

105 0008

105 0009

105 0001

105 0005

105 0004

...i know it feels like you've been reading so much your eyes are gonna bleed but until you actually start popping beans all you're gonna have is theory, to really 'get' it, you have to do it.

peace, bozo

btw, all these pics were of plants grown under a 400 and not a 600, this was what forced me to get a tent, the hempys growth rates were to much for my small cab, lol. ...they were also fed nothing but MaxiBloom from rooted clone right up to the pre-harvest flush, no additives, no nothing, just MaxiBloom, period.

Tnelz

Tnelz

Tnelz is right, hempy is the way to go but you don't want to waste your time trying to get those numbers with CFLs if you have the option of a 600HPS in a tent.

i personally grow inside a 4 x 4 tent around a single barebulb 600HPS vertical style and i flower 8 plants at a time each in 6liter coco hempy buckets and i feed KISS style with Jack's Pro's hydro formula and their calcium/nitrate and i routinely pull 12 to 15 zipz every 9 weeks.

...if this is your first grow then i'd suggest you get yourself a bale of coco from Amazon and i'd also suggest you get a 2lb bag of MaxiBloom, then go to a local Lowes or even Walmart and look for a bag of either hydroton, grorocks, lavarock or even 3/4inch gravel will do.

once you have those three items you have the necessary's to fill your hempys and feed your plants, now all you need do is select your pots and 5gallons is WAY bigger than you will EVER need to go inside a tent.

here are a couple of pics of some of my early hempys when i was first learning the technique, note that the 'pots' i chose are nothing more than cut down 2liter Coke bottles, almost any water tight container can be used.

View attachment 374618
View attachment 374619

View attachment 374620

View attachment 374621

View attachment 374623

...i know it feels like you've been reading so much your eyes are gonna bleed but until you actually start popping beans all you're gonna have is theory, to really 'get' it, you have to do it.

peace, bozo

btw, all these pics were of plants grown under a 400 and not a 600, this was what forced me to get a tent, the hempys growth rates were to much for my small cab, lol. ...they were also fed nothing but MaxiBloom from rooted clone right up to the pre-harvest flush, no additives, no nothing, just MaxiBloom, period.
After reading and seeing this I'd say u should be convinced. I'm assuming though he will be growing those other plants in the tent and the autos r just something extra. In any case those plants should be good incentive to go hempy. Although I think u can do just as well in straight perlite. All I've ever used. Just easier imo. Either way it's the only way I would ever grow an auto.

2leftshoes

View attachment 374618
View attachment 374619

View attachment 374620

View attachment 374621

View attachment 374623

peace, bozo

Those plants look boom it makes me wonder how much better youve could of done in a bigger pot but yea when i start the autos im going to put them under cfls and try a half soil medium for 2 plant and half hempy for the other 2 an see how it goes. Also ive been think that im going to put 2 y splitters or more and have 6+ cfls under one plant and add sum 42 watters in the future of the grow. About the 4x4 tent im not going to have the hps or tent when i set the closet cfl grow up that is just futur thinking if all goes well.

Thanks for all info guys this is the first time i heard about the hempy method and now i wonder how much better it will play out

justanotherbozo

justanotherbozo

...been there done that, lol.

DSCI0098smll

...those black bins were set up as 7 gallon DWCs and each had 8 stations, at the time i was still learning and for a while i ran 4 of them each with it's own CFL lightbar with about 200watts per fixture and where i pulled one every 2 weeks, ...this pic was taken during the transition away from active hydro as too big a pain in the ass to maintain, for me at least, lol.

peace, bozo

justanotherbozo

justanotherbozo

...btw, you try ONE hempy and you'll never look back, for an inexperienced grower they are perfect because they are so elegantly simple to run and for the experienced grower they are perfect because they are so elegantly simple to run, lol,

as a new grower you learn to love the simplicity, as an older grower you learn to love the elegance of that simplicity.

...as a new grower they allow you to relax and enjoy growing with almost no drama and as a more seasoned grower they produce amazing results amazingly reliably, time after time, no mess, no fuss, easy peasy, lemon squeezy!

peace, bozo

2leftshoes

...been there done that, lol.

View attachment 374631

...those black bins were set up as 7 gallon DWCs and each had 8 stations, at the time i was still learning and for a while i ran 4 of them each with it's own CFL lightbar with about 200watts per fixture and where i pulled one every 2 weeks, ...this pic was taken during the transition away from active hydro as too big a pain in the ass to maintain, for me at least, lol.

peace, bozo

Thanks for the pic bozo thats an interesting method i see but im going to only have 4 plant at one time in the closet and i figure that im going to have around 190 watts on a plant + 1-2 bulbs more if space permits so id be having alot more big plants. I would think with that kind of luman output and 5 gallon pots/nutes+supersoil i could pull 1-2.5 ozs per plant. I also notice ice packs stacked in the pic was heat really that bad? I live up north so im thinking if heat was a problem i could just open a window in winter and set up a fan blowing in to cool it off and in summer i could just runn a/c

Latest posts

Top Bottom