(4) 600 watt setup

• Thread starter Cali Grower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Chronic Monster

Chronic Monster

:giggle

1971 your cool,
but gota agree with spinkus on this one. .75gpw is very doable!

C

Cali Grower

i don't think this is realistic, and honestly, i don't believe it. maybe if you count all the stuff that isn't A grade, but I call b.s.

i am running 4 600's and am running 10 plants on a 3x3 table. i am thinking of dropping the plant numbers to 8 per tray and adding a light. the plants were about 14" when flowered.

i use a 10" max fan and have it dialed down a bit and am using melon heads

that speaks greatly to your abilities and knowledge. 2400 watts should be spread out over a much bigger area than 3 x 3. a plant can only take in so much light. one 600 is technically sufficient for 4 x 4 coverage but two would increase bud density and yeild to make it worth the extra cost of running. youre wasting a lot of money and lumens my friend. flowering at 14 inches is not very tall, especially with 2400 watts at your disposal and using only 10 plants.

my advice?
1. use more space to grow and veg the 10 for longer to maybe 2 ft, then flip (using all 2400 watts). then you might need to lower to 8 but maybe not, that depends on how much more space you can give them

if you have no more space to designate...
2. using the setup you have, research SOG (sea of green), then toss in as many plants as can fit in that space (never grown sog so im not sure what that # is off top) and dont use as many lights, take down 2, imo
3. take one plant, train it in some way (lst, scrog, etc...) and let it take up the whole 3 x 3 area using one 7 gal pot and still take 2 lights down

these are just suggestions and you have more options then the ones ive provided here. point being, 1 gram per watt is a start to some growers but its widely accepted that 1 gpw is the accepted norm. you see less when other factors dont fall into place or the setup has flaws in some way shape or form. also, what are your numbers on that setup?

Hey Cali grower you need 50 posts to send PMs. You're almost half way there. You can use this thread to ask me any questions you may have if you'd like.

aha! thanks for that. that makes since. i didnt have anymore questions i was just sayin thanks :hi i actually put what i was gonna pm you in the thread.

Well technically you could go Carbon filter > inline fan > then connect to the lights.. you would be creating a negative pressure in the room, the inline fan pulls air through the carbon filter, it is then scrubbed, then it would cool your lights and then exit..

agreed. the only thing is i wanted to seal the lights off from the grow space. as in, run intake and outtake ducting straight to the lights which would help heat situations. then i could really use the outdoor temps to my advantage because all the air would be cool or at least cooler than the grow room air since the lights will heat things up. also, these will probably be in cool tubes as my theory is they will use the cfm's more efficiently since its all one big tube.

now :banana1sv6: comments?

C

Cali Grower

:giggle

1971 your cool,
but gota agree with spinkus on this one. .75gpw is very doable!

yea, i wasnt tryna be a ass or anything but if your not pullin 1 gpw, we're here to help you get there! a post count doesnt mean lack of knowledge :hi so lets get too it :banana1sv6:

S

spinkus

That would also work, running the intake from outside the room and exhausting outside the room. When you push air through like this too, you really want to make sure everything is airtight with your hoods, glass and ducting, so NO smell gets in the hoods or ducting and gets blown out through the exhaust exit and throughout the neighborhood, always good times! You probly know that already, but just helping ya cover your bases just in case

Maybe run the intake from under the house or basement so you could get the coolest temps possible in the summer running through your hoods... just a thought, intake from anywhere would work though l would think.

Where are you going to run the exhaust too? An attic or out the roof or what?

Either way would work though. Carbon filter>fan>ducting>hoods>ducting>exhaust or intake(from outside room)>fan>ducting>hoods>ducting>exhaust.

Good luck to ya either way! Make sure she's sealed up tight!

4 oz dry per plant with 4 under one 600 is BS? Thats only 450 grams off a 600HPS, not even a gram per watt and your calling BS? l'd hate to see what kind of yields your pulling if you see .75gpw as unobtainable and BS...

Good luck with that 1971

my bad, i thought you were running 16 per light. apparently my math is way off. sorry for being an ass

yea, i wasnt tryna be a ass or anything but if your not pullin 1 gpw, we're here to help you get there! a post count doesnt mean lack of knowledge :hi so lets get too it :banana1sv6:

so i am just finishing up a crop with a strain i've never used, so it is useless for me to try and guesstimate. it seems a lot of people in my area seem to think the average is 1 lb per 1000w. now i don't know anything about their systems or styles of grow, but just what i've heard as an average you should be able to hit.

i do think that 1gm watt is being pretty generous/unrealistic for most. i know with guys running UC the holy grail is 2lbs a light. i mean someone pulling 1.35 lbs with a 600. i hope you are right, but somehow i don't think so.

back in the day i was almost able to pull in 3 lbs with 3 400w lights, but that was with a strain i was very familiar with, co2, etc.

i guess i shall see soon enough :)

S

spinkus

Let me just say that l would be SEVERELY disappointed if l only pulled 1 elbow from a 1000. One of my best friends can only run a 400 with a 3x3 tent and he got 14oz with 4 of my HeavyD clones, vegged for a month

Keep reading and reading 1971, refine your style, nutes, room and then refine it again! You keep reading and listening to people with experience and you'll be way out yielding those fools getting 450g's from 1000 watts of light!

I guarantee you that :)

maybe because i have been out of the game for so long I really don't know what is realistic in terms of yields and what not. I mean when i tell people i got 2.5-3 lbs from 1290 (3x430)watts of light, their eyes bug out. plus, the guys around here seem to shoot for the lb per 1000. a lb seems kinda low for that kind of light intensity, but i am in no position to question till i see my turnout. granted i have a mix of strains, they are too close together, etc, but it will give me a baseline. shit, when i was doing estimates, i calculated yields from .75-1.5 oz a plant.

in terms of my second room, it is top notch except for space. so really, the strain and how i grow it will be the only limiting factor. mind you i am also using pgr's which i never used back in the day.

i tell ya, the plants look huge, but you never know how it will weigh up until it is dry, and some plants are denser than others.

i hope you are right :) i guess i have always underestimated, etc.

C

Cali Grower

my bad, i thought you were running 16 per light. apparently my math is way off. sorry for being an ass

there it is! i knew somethin had to give. 16 per 600 watt probably wouldnt yield too well, lol. this will be my first major indoor grow, so thats why im setting my goal to anywhere from 2 - 4.
i have a pretty solid green thumb, i've been researching since before growing was ever a option and asking these type of questions to pick the brains of people who have. that got me really far in terms of what i knew for my first grow (which was outdoor, and ill admit it was B grade at best, i lost taste and potentcy through how they had to be dried), but i threw that grow together over one day of planning because it was already almost too late AND, i had not researched outdoor growing at all before then, only indoor. the vegetables im growing right now are looking LOVELY though and i have tons (in variety though, not quantity).

also, i recently did a led/cfl grow that turned out absolutely gorgeous. some of the buds werent big because i opted to leave the cfls and leds in a open space (long story short, they were in a tent, it had to be moved, i was too high and exhausted when i had to set it up and i figured it would be ok) so not having the tent probably ended up costing me but the taste, high, and potentcy was top shelf for sure. ive smoked worse "top shelf" club bud. the 100% organics probably did something for me too.

Let me just say that l would be SEVERELY disappointed if l only pulled 1 elbow from a 1000. One of my best friends can only run a 400 with a 3x3 tent and he got 14oz with 4 of my HeavyD clones, vegged for a month

Keep reading and reading 1971, refine your style, nutes, room and then refine it again! You keep reading and listening to people with experience and you'll be way out yielding those fools getting 450g's from 1000 watts of light!

I guarantee you that :)

agreed :banana1sv6:

now, these heavy d clones... can you tell me more about them? like how i would get some if they are indeed available to the public. i want to run high yeilders my first go round but im also interested in having a lot of genetics.

eventually, i want at least one room designated only to seed producing plants so i dont have to keep clones. make a shit ton of seeds, store them, move on till i want to run them again whether to make more seeds to reduce the store time/keep them fresh or just plain grow them out. breeding vs commercial growing imo. i cant wait til im at that stage.... soon enough :icon_animal26:

S

spinkus

Man im in the Heartland of America, nothing l have is available to the public lol

The good ol' bible belt, praise jesuuuuuuuus! lt does seem as though folks are starting to come around more and more though, not near as uptight as they used to be.

Just wish l could get somewhere where things could be made public, maybe one day

C

Cali Grower

Man im in the Heartland of America, nothing l have is available to the public lol

The good ol' bible belt, praise jesuuuuuuuus! lt does seem as though folks are starting to come around more and more though, not near as uptight as they used to be.

Just wish l could get somewhere where things could be made public, maybe one day

yea, i think people want to accept but d.a.r.e did a number on all those who choose to listen versus research. oh well, im sure ill get something good. after all, im standing on the pulse of the california weed market. san francisco, santa rosa, oakland and many more, are all within reach.

sidenote about the researching: i didnt smoke til i got out of high school. even then, i saw a weed plant and didnt know what it was, midwest is "home" but ive lived hear longer now. then, i proceeded to research for months and months (at least 4) on the effects before i actually decided i would cause from day one (of knowing what i was looking at), i wanted to grow it, even though i didnt smoke and had no plans of vending or anything like that. it just looked like the coolest plant ive ever seen. then, i waited til i got my card to smoke (another 2 or so months) cause all i knew is i wanted the best. becuase of that, i like to think ive been a connoisseur from day one.

now, im studying horticulture with a plan to go for a doctorate. who wouldve f*ckin thought?!

anyway, thought id share a funny story, stay up :banana1sv6:

OGONLY

OGONLY

Hey Cali, love the enthusiasm man. Growing is an addiction that becomes a way of life.

I gotta say though man that it makes much more sense to take your own cuts rather than have plants devoted to making seeds. You don't need to keep a mother plant, just take cuts off your veged plants right before you go into flower. When the cuts root they are 3 to 4 weeks ahead of a sprouted seedling. Rooting your own cuts is easy as pie when you learn the basics.

"eventually, i want at least one room designated only to seed producing plants so i dont have to keep clones. make a shit ton of seeds, store them, move on till i want to run them again whether to make more seeds to reduce the store time/keep them fresh or just plain grow them out. breeding vs commercial growing imo. i cant wait til im at that stage.... soon enough :icon_animal26:[/QUOTE]

C

Cali Grower

id have it setup that way for breeding purposes. the seeds would be to have a whole bunch of breeding possibilities, not just to have more plants. i would definitely be taking cuts for the fruit producing plants, but i would also have one room of plants that are making seed for me to a. store for later use in a crop (dont have to worry so much about losing the genetics) b. to have a bigger phenol variety (ideally) for breeding. thats where i hope to be someday.

Tokenblack

Tokenblack

try to get some solar panels and some water wells dug bro, you could cut your bill by 200% bro...

My whole setup is running of pH neutral, 72 TDS, well water that almost pays for itself and the solar panels charge the batteries that power all 16 of my 600W HPS'....

Try to put some money into bro, cuz all the electricity that is produced by the solar panels isnt recorded by the electric company, hence-no worries about a whistleblower trying to get 5-0 on you for high electricity bills...

AND you get a tax break and a "green stimulus check" free money just to put in solar panels that make your weed grow?..."what a country!"

D

DustyDog

Awesome Info

I think it's awesome that so many people will take a little time out of their schedule to help the up-and-comers,,,you guys ROCK!!! Thanks for the info!

D

Don007206

I have seen a guy pull 9pounds 3 oz off ten 600 watts using a custom hallway 3 16foot hydro pipes on each side of the wall ,a plant a foot .had would supercropp 2 times then top 2 times. 96 plants That was a grate run but he said 8 to 12 every time

Top Bottom