4 By 4 Gorilla Grow Tent

• Thread starter brownred
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
brownred

brownred

I’m in the market for a tent and want a decent one. Is the $358 4 by 4 Gotilla grow tent good quality and worth the extra money? There are some bad reviews as with all tents. I don’t mind paying more for quality.

Thanks

D

donweed

Not worth it imo... put the budget on a better light.

But im new to this so i may be wrong.

brownred

brownred

I have to have something to put the lights in. I need a tent. Just trying to figure out the best tent to buy. I’ve read so many reviews I don’t know which on is the best.

Budjunkie

Budjunkie

I have to have something to put the lights in. I need a tent. Just trying to figure out the best tent to buy. I’ve read so many reviews I don’t know which on is the best.
SECERET JARDIN THE ONE I USED TO USE GOOD QUALITY CHECK IM OUT...

DismalDude

DismalDude

You could also get the Gorilla grow lite 4x4 for about $230.

OldSmokie76

OldSmokie76

Figure out a full set up budget and run from there. It can get costly setting up. I was gifted a few pieces of equipment over time. Bought some stuff second hand. Lots of small items new. It can get expensive. My first lesson was to be sure everything is set up first and environment well maintained. Nothing like a couple clones sitting in the corner of the basement under a cfl in a clamp style reflector waiting for a decent set up. LMAO. Just take into consideration the entire cost of set up before you melt all that cheddar on a $350+ tent.

Dan789

Dan789

My $.02, I’ve got two Apollo 4x4 tents, have grown in them for several years and holding up nicely, (they were far less than the gorilla brand). Just pick a tent that: has metal poles; metal corner gizmatci’s, a liner and a workable zipper system. The ones that arc in a big “D” across the openings work very nicely. Make sure to set them up with enough space between them so you can get into at least the sides, if they’re against a wall (access to three sides). Good luck I think there’s plenty of good choices that aren’t going to break the bank out of the starting gate, that will also last.

DismalDude

DismalDude

I hear you @Dan789,I have an Apollo 4x4 still in the box waiting to be setup.Great tent for the $.

OldSmokie76

OldSmokie76

I've just recently explored the options thru Walmart.com. Local stores do not carry equipment, but online offers a full array of indoor gardening equipment. For all your "Vegetable" needs. Tents on clearance. Certain items marked down. You know what your looking for, you can find hell a deals. I'm looking at a new 2x4x7 for my veg. $57.00. Anything over $35 is free shipping thru Wally World. Plus, if your into second hand equipment, use the resale app "OfferUp". Again, hell a deals if you're patient and keep watch. Tons of "I'm gonna grow tons of weed" noobs in all the legal states went out and spent mad dough on equipment, only to realize how much work cannabis can really be. Just be careful. Don't get burned on shit old equipment and watch out for the pedo's.

S

Shawnery

Are metal poles really better taking into consideration the flaking of paint and then the subsequent rusting? I have used two tents and both with metal poles and both showed signs of rust after one grow.

damien50

damien50

Are metal poles really better taking into consideration the flaking of paint and then the subsequent rusting? I have used two tents and both with metal poles and both showed signs of rust after one grow.
I have metal poles that I suspect are powder coated and I've ran 75-80% RH consistently with no rust.

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
Never seen a rust spot or paint flaking in my 4x4 tent with metal poles in 7 yrs.

Last edited:
Dbear180

Dbear180

Gorilla grow tents website is having a sale. I needed a new spot for clones & I just got a regular 5x5 in their limited edition blue digital camo instead of plain black & it was only $300. Black was still closer to $500 but on other websites it was like $350 so I still got a better deal on the digi one straight from GGT. I didn't understand the "limited edition" being less, they make it sound like it's a big deal with a cert of authenticity etc... I dont care if the outside has pink flowers, rainbows & unicorns all over it as long as the inside is nice & it doesnt leak.

brownred

brownred

Gorilla grow tents website is having a sale. I needed a new spot for clones & I just got a regular 5x5 in their limited edition blue digital camo instead of plain black & it was only $300. Black was still closer to $500 but on other websites it was like $350 so I still got a better deal on the digi one straight from GGT. I didn't understand the "limited edition" being less, they make it sound like it's a big deal with a cert of authenticity etc... I dont care if the outside has pink flowers, rainbows & unicorns all over it as long as the inside is nice & it doesnt leak.

Yes I seen that. Have you received the tent yet? Was wondering how long it takes for delivery. I understand you have to be there upon delivery to inspect and sign for it.

Dbear180

Dbear180

Yes I seen that. Have you received the tent yet? Was wondering how long it takes for delivery. I understand you have to be there upon delivery to inspect and sign for it.

No not yet I just ordered it saturday. It says may take up to 48 hours to process which I imagine is business days. We'll see, I'll let you guys know when they confirm shipment & when I actually receive it. They only offer "standard shipping" so I dont even know who they are shipping it with til I get the shipment confirmation number.

Dbear180

Dbear180

So I got my confirmation email Monday, a tracking code today, & it should be here friday via FedEx. Email said a signature is required, I'll guess I'll just have to keep an eye on the trucks eta. Their dist center is in Santa rosa & I'm not too far from there so it should be here on time. Says the tent itself weighs 62 lbs & the extra pipes to keep the tent from sucking in are another 8 or so. I'll check back with what I think of it once I get it set up.

Dbear180

Dbear180

Welp idk what happened but I got sent two tracking numbers & my Friday delivery still says information pending while my second number says Tuesday delivery.

They've dropped the ball once so far, i had plans to set it up & cut clones this weekend but not anymore :(

Top Bottom