4 Rdwc 4x4 Mainline Mansion

• Thread starter scubascrog
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
scubascrog

scubascrog

Hey guys!
Back at it again!
14ozs in soil with 14G of dab my first run. trying to shatter that now with a rdwc setup!

pics from last grow, white cookies and purple kush
4 rdwc 4x4 mainline mansion
4 rdwc 4x4 mainline mansion 2
4 rdwc 4x4 mainline mansion 3

I've got it built already. cost like, 225 bucks.
185 gallon submersible pump with 1/2 inch irrigation tubing, top feeding with rear bottom backflow channels, 6 inch airdiscs.
Gagagagagagagagagaga

Last edited:
scubascrog

scubascrog

For genetics this round I am running seeds from marijuana-seeds.nl
I have
2 thc snow feminized
1 ak-47 feminized
and of course 1 white cookies feminized (these beans are stupid frosty*pics above*)

scubascrog

scubascrog

Yes I'll be mainlining all 4.
I plan on having some redonkulous colas this run.. I was pretty damn dissatisfied with using soil smart pots. no root wrap just air prune, killed half the roots my plant should have had.... so I got no stretch and my yield on my 5 zips from 3 pks was shit compared to the 9 zips I got off the 2 white cookies..

which brings me to my next topic. Co2.
If my humidity stays up this run i'll be investing in co2. :)

scubascrog

scubascrog

Actually i forgot. I wanted to go for speed this round. I will be scrogging. Looking for a 1 month veg this time

Midwestjay

Midwestjay

It's not difficult looks like you got a killer setup. I love dwc, you didn't mention your air pump but I recommend minimum of 250gph of air per bucket. I'm currently running 4x that. You can't have too much air, but will fight root issues if you don't have enough. And I see you're not running a chiller either, I recommend a bottle of hydroguard. It keeps roots perfect. I've got queue a bit of dwc experience so feel free to message. I'm always down to help another dwc guy.

scubascrog

scubascrog

Hell yeah! Ill keep youbin mind, i did a bit of dwc my first run but just moms only lol. I dont know if ill need a chiller tho ambient is 50 degrees in the garage..... but the air pump i was thinking about getting the bigger one for sure

Midwestjay

Midwestjay

Hell yeah! Ill keep youbin mind, i did a bit of dwc my first run but just moms only lol. I dont know if ill need a chiller tho ambient is 50 degrees in the garage..... but the air pump i was thinking about getting the bigger one for sure
Yea my res temps stay around 70°f. EBay has 975gph air pumps for $27. Glad to have you on board. Enjoy.

scubascrog

scubascrog

thanks :P so I checked my reservoir temps after adding my 1 inch return line in place of the half inch, my levels are now higher in my res than the buckets, win. temps 60 degrees with being on for 2 days. :) and I got the 793GPH model... over 4 Im just under what you said....

Midwestjay

Midwestjay

thanks :p so I checked my reservoir temps after adding my 1 inch return line in place of the half inch, my levels are now higher in my res than the buckets, win. temps 60 degrees with being on for 2 days. :) and I got the 793GPH model... over 4 Im just under what you said....
I've never tried to grow with res temps that cool, but you should be fine with that amount of air. You prob won't even need any hydroguard. Those are temps to die for. I just wouldn't let them res temps get any lower.

scubascrog

scubascrog

Yeah im from oregon, run my lights at night and ride out a 65 degrees during lights off, the garage is not actively pushing air cept my carbon filter with the blower, should stay shady cool when this summer hits. Its starting to get fucking hot here.

Midwestjay

Midwestjay

I don't run cal mag. I use part tap to 2part ro. Puts me at 100ppm and the plants love it. I start the babies out 125-200ppm range. I should learn the ec numbers better but I think that's .3-.5 on ec scale. Around quarter strength of recommended. Then go up from there. Some plants are super sensitive that's why I start so low. After that I just watch the plants. If I start low then there is a really good chance if they aren't perky then I need to raise the ppm. I play that lil game for a few weeks, bumping it up till I see a tiny bit of tip burn then I back off and I have a pretty good idea of what to give them the rest the way out.

Midwestjay

Midwestjay

Yeah i have 17 ppm water here out of the tap and hose :) right next to the treatment plant but i still have to ro cause chlorine ph drops
I bubble my tap out for at least 24hrs. Believe I didn't want to use tap but no ro filter so I fill 5gal jugs. I ended up doing it out of necessity. But with your situation, which is a dream, I'd run 50-100ppm of cal & mag. I recommend epsome for mag and a strait cal substitute. The cal mag blends have nitrogen and shit in em.

I'll just tell you I'm not a calmag fan. I got by for years without it. And decided to use it and had issues lol so I'm biased. But @Seamaiden and a couple others can tell you a lot more on that subject

scubascrog

scubascrog

it was like 85 here today, got a little warm, supposed to get to 90 degrees almost, gonna start this run with a lil stress test. I like stress tests.

Top Bottom