4 site Under Current in 5x5 & 1k

• Thread starter aSilvrHaze
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
aSilvrHaze

aSilvrHaze

Planning on building a 12'x10' room with a 5'x5' grow room inside. My idea was to either buy or DIY a 4 site Under Current setup in the grow room lit by a 1k watt HPS. How well (or poorly) would that fit into a 5x5 space? Would a dehumidifier fit in as well? Or move the epicenter to outside of the grow space to make room for the dehumidifier...? And what sort of differences would I see hanging the lamp vertically in the center vs. hanging a 8" MagnumXXL horizontally?

This will be my second grow, but I've learned a tremendous amount over the past 2 years reading and researching, & the first grow went really great for it being my first time ever growing. That was in a 4x4 tent w/ a 1k HPS and 3 gal. bags of Roots Organics Soil-less coco using GH 3 part. Averaged close to 2oz per plant with Bubba, Green Crack, & Ortega(the quality of these was Amazing), and 1oz per plant with Black Domina and Chemdog(those two had some issues from PM and i think some nute def.)

Would love all the input I can get:banana1sv6:

Y

yeeee510

wow this is funny. im on my first grow now in a 5 by 5 tent with 1000w hps almost two weeks flowering H&G coco line in botanicare coco. have a few strains in there to see what i like 5 green crack (which look great) 3 strawberry cough 3 headband 1 blackberry kush n a couple others.

I would really like to have a lower RH during flower and especially near the end of flowering. although ive done a little research i would love some advice on the right size of dehumidifier for a 5x5 or would i need to dehumidify the room that the tent is in?

ive also been looking at vertical grows recently i saw a really cool diagram that showed the surface area getting good light for all kinda of grows, horizontal, vertical, stadium, etc..and vertical had the most i think

H&G has been workin so well for me but i might have to experiment with GH in the future. best of luck man hope u can post back i think we might be dealing with alot of the same problems/solutions in the future

Taedon83

Taedon83

I run a 4 x 5 x 8 room with a 600w air cooled light. 25 pint dehumidy is plenty. I even use it outside the room in a 16x20 garage and it still does a good job.

aSilvrHaze

aSilvrHaze

wow this is funny. im on my first grow now in a 5 by 5 tent with 1000w hps almost two weeks flowering H&G coco line in botanicare coco. have a few strains in there to see what i like 5 green crack (which look great) 3 strawberry cough 3 headband 1 blackberry kush n a couple others.

I would really like to have a lower RH during flower and especially near the end of flowering. although ive done a little research i would love some advice on the right size of dehumidifier for a 5x5 or would i need to dehumidify the room that the tent is in?

ive also been looking at vertical grows recently i saw a really cool diagram that showed the surface area getting good light for all kinda of grows, horizontal, vertical, stadium, etc..and vertical had the most i think

H&G has been workin so well for me but i might have to experiment with GH in the future. best of luck man hope u can post back i think we might be dealing with alot of the same problems/solutions in the future
what are your temps like in the tent? and how do you have cooling/exhaust setup?

I've been tossing a few ideas around in my head as far as exhausting the heat from the 1k and keeping the room cool.

Hopefull Stoner

Hopefull Stoner

dude,
i have a great idea if u have not already paid for the U.C. system.

run 4-6 plants in 3 gallon coco pots with that 1,000. that's it, hand water & watch them make you smile.

did i mention it's gonna be waaaay cheaper then what you have in mind with similar results & no equipment snafu's possible! less water and less electricity btw

use CNZ-17 ORIGNAL OR NEW FORMULA or Dutch Master One part; grow & bloom formula's

Y

yeeee510

they usually stay around 65-80 day time but the weathers been like 90 the last few days so its been hot it there! im using passive intake from my room into the tent, 6'' inline on a carbon filter and then exhausted out the window along with a 4'' seperately cooling the 1000w. i could go filter > 6'' > hood > exhaust to cut out the 4'' and save electricity but since its been so hot probably not gonna try it. Any suggestions? i probably need an AC for these hot days ...kinda broke now tho. have you tired H&G root excel that stuff is good i kno its hard to spend 70 on a bottle of something but it seems to be great and you dont necessarily need to be usuing the whole H&G line

i think im going to use roots coco next time when did you start feeding?

aSilvrHaze

aSilvrHaze

when i had my tent setup, it was in an apartment with central A/C that was set to about 74-75 ish. The reflector had 6" fittings with a 4" inline pulling air from inside the tent through the hood with a homemade carbon filter on the other end of the reflector and the temps in the tent stayed around 76-78, and I had the ducting sealed to the window in a jimmy-rigged way to keep the warm air from coming back inside.

I only used GH nutes and started the clones out in red party cups and started feeding them after 1 week of being in there. They lasted a month in the cups and went into 1 gal. bags and then 3 weeks later(and right after the 12/12 flip) went into 3 gal. bags.
I really liked the roots organic, but you should probably get some sort of cal-mag supplement right off the bat, took me a little while to figure that one out lol.

Y

yeeee510

yeah thats where im at now i dont think my appartment has ac otherwise my set up is very similar. i had a mg def in the first couple weeks while in red cups i swtiched to H&G and havent looked back its very simple and no need for calmag or mg suppliment in my experience now im on my third week of flowering and they are looking great. the heat has been way too high though the last couple days i think its a combo of weather and my app has access to the attic which all the heat rises to do you know any cheap ac units or a place to find used ones? what kind of watering are you going to do next time? i want to make a drip system i think it would make things alot easier in coco or maybe hempy buckets those are pretty damn simple

aSilvrHaze

aSilvrHaze

I dont know of any places for A/C systems, new or used. Im actually hoping to turn a window unit into a DIY chiller to use for water-to-air cooling and also chill my nutrients for hydro.
i really REALLY want to setup an undercurrent-type hydro system, everything about it just fits me perfectly lol. But at the same time, I have been doing some reading here about coco hempy buckets, very interesting to me. What kind of water are you using with H&G? and what strength feeding formula?

BTW, Calvin and Hobbs is the SHIT! lol

Y

yeeee510

i havent really done any reading about undercurrent but ive seen some fuckin results! go for it i love thinkin about a future setup but for now im still in this lil apartment so i wanna keep it simple. are you going vertical? i heard that i should just follow the feeding chart sometimes i stepped it up a little i think its the third week of flowering and im about to start bud xl

N

n0dn4rb

I just setup a DIY 4 site UC in a DR150 with 30" centers and it fit perfectly....just did a test run and no leaks so now it's time for the real show....

i bought a 10k window banger from Home Depot that I converted to cool the room along with a 10" max can/phresh filter exhaust / 6" vortex intake...room stays in the mid 80s in the summer and low 70s in the winter...

100 2122
100 2137
100 2138
G

Going4Green

I just setup a DIY 4 site UC in a DR150 with 30" centers and it fit perfectly....just did a test run and no leaks so now it's time for the real show....

i bought a 10k window banger from Home Depot that I converted to cool the room along with a 10" max can/phresh filter exhaust / 6" vortex intake...room stays in the mid 80s in the summer and low 70s in the winter...

nice going to start a new grow thread ?

G

Going4Green

nice going to start a new grow thread ?

T

Th3Jungl3Boy

Nice setup n0dn4rb!
How many watts will you be using there? Also, what's the distance between your buckets? Will you get an AC & Chiller?
I'm asking you because I am building something with the same system.
Thanks

Top Bottom