4 strains 1st grow 6 plant medical

• Thread starter reloader
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
reloader

reloader

Also, I got my temperature under control now. Hitting mid to low 80's,. 4 of my plants are budding up nice, and look great, however I think I over watered my two smaller plants, hope they recover ok.

reloader

reloader

Going to be hitting 2 weeks soon, here are a few pics from this morning.

reloader

reloader

Looking good!

Thanks,

Here are a couple pics just as the lights went out. Two weeks of flower as of tonight.

Just using guano for fertilizer so far. Daytime temps are about 85 nighttime temps are getting to the low 60's. I am in Montana and the outside temps are in the single digits at night right now, so I have cranked up the heat a little during darktime.

Jack Dupp

Jack Dupp

I feel you on fighting temps. I am also in Montana and grow in my basement. I have been trying to keep my temps around 60 (lights out) and 70 + (lights on).
Yesterday my outside temps were -3 in the morning, and today it is a balmy 13. Winter growing definitely presents it's own challenges, but if it were easy, everyone would do it.

I have found that since I started growing in tents, it is much easier to control climate.

You should head over to the Montana forum and post your stuff. I'm sure you will find some interest toward your grow.

reloader

reloader

Update, Just finished 3 weeks flower today. A couple of my plants look great, but the two FI's are really yellowing. I am not sure what it is at this point. PH seems ok, I cut back on watering. Maybe they didnt like the guano fert I was using?

So the Maui/OG looking nice and healthy and w/sd is looking good.
I have one plant (critcal mass) that is a dud, small and barley flowering., Also very yellow.
A few pics when the lights went out tonight.

3week
3week4
3week5
3week6
3week7
Week3
reloader

reloader

on day 25 flower now, and I am definitely having some issues. Apparently my soil and guano fert just wasn't going to work, and I hope my 2 FI's are even going to make it. After some consulting I decided it was time to add some ferts. The 2 FI's have really went down hill. One is worse then the other. One still has about 1/3 green, the rest yellow and brown. However much of the yellow leaves are still stretched out. It is still green around the bud sites of both plants. The buds look fantastic if the plants can pull through.
PH 6.5
adding snow storm ultra to one watering and pure blend pro bloom alternating feeds
light temp is 85 day and 65 darktime hum 30%
Both plants still have some green growth around base. I just hope I didn't wait to long to act. This is where my inexperience is coming in.
maui/og look good, although getting some yellow leaves around the bottom, but start adding nutes to them to.

Fert
Day25d
Day25b
Day25a
Day25
Day25z
Jack Dupp

Jack Dupp

I hope your plants get better. It is hard to see exactly what is wrong. If your buds look good, well, that is what you are after.

If you are having some yellowing in the lower leaves, that is probably the plant using it's nitrogen reserve. It is normal in flower. Once you hit it with the PBP it should stabilize.
If you have yellow/brown crispy leaves, it may be a magnesium deficiency. When I ran PBP I always had mag. issues. It may have been better to invest your money on a cal/mag. from Botanicare in conjunction with PBP, instead of the Snow Storm IMO.

Since you did not, another method for mag. is using 1/4 tsp. epsom salts in 32 oz. sprayer and foliar feed them. I usually add a drop of natural (no anti-bacterial) soap as a surfactant. It is best to spray with pure water about 30 min. after to remove the salt residue. Also best to remove them from under HI lights when doing this.

I think you are doing very well on your first grow. You may be experiencing "new father" syndrome with your babies. All plants are temperamental and over time you will learn to read your plants. It will take trial and error, and you will make mistakes. Accept that now and commit to learning from them.

Sorry if this sounds preachy, but I'm baked, and reminded of my first grow. I had no one to help me and I made a ton of mistakes. I hope this helps.

mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

Hey lookin good. In your first post did u say u water everyday. If so u might want to make sure there dryin betwenn waterings. Keep up the good work

HeadGrow

HeadGrow

is the one that is yellowing the most the same one that is planted in 50% worm castings?

reloader

reloader

is the one that is yellowing the most the same one that is planted in 50% worm castings?

Actually no, 3 plants were about 50% worm castings the other 2 are doing good, one of them is one of the yellowing FI's.

On a side note the smell is very strong off the 2 FI'S and maui/og , very sweet permeates the whole room.

reloader

reloader

Here is the top to the maui/og at 25 days flower, getting some red hairs setting in.

Day25
Day25z
HeadGrow

HeadGrow

red hairs at day 25? I hope not too many hairs are turning red. I'm not sure what that would mean but I don't think it's good. Maybe they are too close to the light? As long as you are still getting new fresh white hairs popping out of new calyx's then you should be ok.

those last two pictures don't look that bad at all. But I know from my pics taken under the HPS that the coloring of the leaves is really hard to see in pictures. If you could, take a leave off or take the plant out of the room and try to get a good shot of the leaf or leaves that are yellowing. I'm curious to see how they are yellowing.

reloader

reloader

The bad yellowing and brown dead leaves is only happening on the 2 FI'S.
Like I had said I hope I didn't wait to long to act, I am feeding them PBP at every watering now. The two plants just started turning yellow and brown, within one week it looked really bad. It has been two days since I started adding nutes, and I actually think they look a little better. A lot of new greeen growth around the bottoms. Most of the fan leaves are dried up or are yellow. However the buds look and smell incredible for 26 days.
Since I am only growing six plants with 2 lights, these two pretty much have a 400hps to themselves.
The bud sites are all green, well see what happens I hope these two pull through because the yeild will be high.
Anyway here are a couple of pics under hps that show the yellow and brown leaves. And one of the top buds.
So
2 FI"S yellowing badly but buds look fantastic
maui/og doing good
2 w/sd doing good
critical mass dud just leaving it in there to see what happens.

reloader

reloader

But I know from my pics taken under the HPS that the coloring of the leaves is really hard to see in pictures. If you could, take a leave off or take the plant out of the room and try to get a good shot of the leaf or leaves that are yellowing. I'm curious to see how they are yellowing.

Snapped a couple just as the lights went out tonight so you can get an idea of the rapid deterioration I am having. As I said above I think they have improved slightly since adding nutes but well see.
Since PBP has a wide spectrum of nutrients, I am hoping that it will solve whatever deficientcy the plants are experiencing.
The last pic is the other side of the room where the plants look healthy.

Jack Dupp

Jack Dupp

The damage is done. Those leaves will not repair themselves. The addition of nutes will (hopefully) keep this from happening to other leaves.

PBP is good as a foliar. Just be careful if you don't have good airflow,it could encourage mold on your buds.

What is your water source? City tap, well, RO?

ohana farms

ohana farms

You need to get some cal-mag in there, and when U start your next soil mix, get the dolimi te lime in your mix.

reloader

reloader

The damage is done. Those leaves will not repair themselves. The addition of nutes will (hopefully) keep this from happening to other leaves.

PBP is good as a foliar. Just be careful if you don't have good airflow,it could encourage mold on your buds.

What is your water source? City tap, well, RO?

I have only been using distilled water, getting some cal/mag right now.
Can I mix cal/mag and PBP in the same gallon for watering and feeding?
Thanks

Ok, just got back from the hydro store, and the guy told me its fine to mix the cal/mag right into the gallon of PBP mix. So just waiting for the lights to come on at noon and I will start adding this too
Good thing I turned the heat up last night, the outside temp was -14.

Cal
reloader

reloader

Well I am now on day 30 flower, and things have stabilized a bit. The two FI's are holding their own. The addition of nutes has made a difference. The damage is done to many of the fan leaves, but the plant seems to be growing strong and putting out nice buds for 30 days, the smell is very sweet.

day 30 flower

reloader

reloader

Well I am just finishing 5 weeks. Here are a couple of pics at 35 days.
Everything seems to be going ok.
These are some some top pictures of one of the FI's and the maui/og

Day35
Day352
Day353
Day354
Day355
Top Bottom