4 the vets only..im high so bare with me

• Thread starter THegrowshow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

THegrowshow

questions i have always pondered after years of growing i want your general feedback

1. when growing is there a difference in quality or yield of a 100% organic grow/100% synthetic grown/mixture of synthetic and organics and if you mix at what percentage. I personally believe a mixture of the two is best. I always recommend sythetics to newbies because if you follow the recommended doses at half strength you really will be ok. Synthetics adds another step in the nutrient absorption process thereby giving a newbie one more issue to worry about, but i do think the yield with synthetics is better. with organics you feel the soil and depending on the components in the mix(whatever your carbon source is weather bat guano or molasses) fungi or bacteria numbers will duplicate more. This leads me into my second questions

2. I perfer to add components to my compost tea that promote fungal network development in veg...first two weeks of flower i add components to the tea that promote a 50/50 mix and the last 6 weeks of floweing im adding components that promote bacetrial growth. it takes so long for micro. to develop this is why i promote the development of this during veg. How do you advanced farmers feel about this?

3. I have produced compost teas that have no order...compost teas with a little bit of an order(earthy smell), and compost teas with a bad order(anarobic bacteria running rampant). In your opinion ( i know the bad smells are bad) should it have a earthy smell or no smell at all and is there a way to measure the correct proportion of oxygen(the bubbles) in a nutrient solution in order to dial in the correct oxygen % and air stones needed in the solution(because i heard you can actually beat about the beasties too much when you have too much air in your resivior)

4. what do you think about pure blend pro

5. what do you think about standard starting water quality. I have grown using R/O water, grown using water where the chlorine and chlorinimines have been filtered out and grown using straight up tap water. I prefer growing using water that just has the chlorine and cholrinimies removed because i thinking growing with straigh up R/O water removes too many other valuable mineral and vitamins that shouldn't be removed...how do you feel farmers...and about am i high as a kite right now thank you raskal lol

6. do you think there is a relationship between organic growing success and the size of the container. In other words do you think in order to be a successful organic grower, as opposed to synthetics you generally should grow in bigger buckets to allow the root zone biology to have ample space to function.

7. do you or have you heard of anyway using brix meters to predict changes in nutrient values by taking the sugar readings? my synthetic plants usually produce higher brix values than my organic plants : (

Dr. Detroit

Dr. Detroit

uno, dos, and tres: Purely personally I prefer organic soils with as many active biologic functions as possible. Symbiosis is beneficial by definition, is it not? I try my damnest to replicate ideal natural conditions, as evolution dictated. The subtle and diverse notes on the finished product cannot be duplicated artificially with synthetic products.

cuatro: No clue.

cinco: If you build a proper soil then r/o water is perfect, and the differences in mineral content are superfluous.

seis: The natural evolution of the plant favors they grow in clumps, so a planting box is preferable to a pot as the rhizome can interweave with the other plants, increasing competition for sunlight and forcing the plant to grow larger. They'll not only grow faster, but they'll support each other from the winds too.

siete: Are you testing the fertilizer teas or the plants themselves? I'm not clear here.

ocho: It's not polite to stare.

Latest posts

Top Bottom