4' X 8' ... 3 MPB ... is it possible?

• Thread starter Scruffy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Scruffy

I have a 4' X 8' space for flowering ( actually 4' X 12' but other part taken up by door, sink, and cloner/veg unit )... is it possible to do 3 MPB in this space?

The reason I am looking at this is we have a bill that is going before the house that would make anything 6 plants or more a mandatory 6 mths ( cant find a Doc to sign my MMAR paperwork ) ... so I am thinking of doing a "Perpetual MPB" harvesting 1 plant every 3 weeks ... 5 plants total at any given time

3 plants in flower all 3 weeks apart ... 1 in veg and 1 clone from the veg plant

Anyway the key to this is if I can squeeze 3 plants in the flower area ... hopefully because they wont all mature at the same time I will have room

Please give input and any suggestions

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Scruffy,
4x8 would be for 2 plants. Remember, people grow trees that are 5' around with these. Otherwise, if you flip them smaller, you could do 3 perhaps. Where is the rez going? Also, due to feeding schedule, you really need to flower all at the same time. Just jar up your meds, and wait till the next harvest instead.

-TF

S

Scruffy

I was thinking if I stagger them I can fit the res in there too

o
x o
o x
x o
o X

o = lights
x = plant
X = res

That brings up a interesting question ... with only 3 plants would I even need a res ?

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Yep. You need a res. Pretty hard to manage nutes, water, etc with no res.

S

Scruffy

maybe 3 small res's across the front with auto topoff for water ... is it necessary to do a res change weekly? ... if you dial in the nute strength of that strain should you not be able to go to higher ppm quicker?

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

You could make it into a UC type with one mini res. Watch it on DWC with strength of nutes. Start at 1/2 strength, then slowly go up from there.

S

Scruffy

This will be my first grow and after giving it much thought I believe the 2 plant idea with a common res has the most merit ... I must defer to experience :)

I have 4 strains I would like to use over the next while ... Godbud, the purps, blueberry & northern lights

I plan to germinate all 10 seeds from each strain ( 1 strain at a time ) and harvest pollen from the males and freeze it for seed production ... then using a modified ezcloner take the females to flower and select the best most robust pheno

next I will pollinate the best females clones for seed production so that I have a supply of seeds

I would also like to use colloidal silver for female seed production to make startup easier the next time I start that strain

at that point I will utilize the mpb/uc to grow my 2 "trees" of that strain and store my meds

Then start all over with seed for the next strain ... pollen collection ... pheno selection etc etc

Still a month or so away from getting started but already have:

charcoal air filter, 2" & 10" net pots, ezcloner sprayers, neoprene inserts, seeds, lights (4X400W MH, VHOT12, HOT5) ac, ph/temp/ppm monitors, pumps, RODI filter, colloidal silver generator, timers

Still to do:

finish drywalling grow room, build a ona filter, build ezcloner, build lightproof cabinet for ezcloner, build modified ezcloner for first stage seed production, build mpb buckets - using lost's mpb desgn variation, hang lights, diy res chiller, co2 at a later date

Lights were left over from previous marine tanks so may as well utilize them till I can afford to upgrade ... plan to use 4X400MH plus 4XVHO for veg/flowering and the T5's for clones

I plan to do a trial run using tomatoes to see the room levels for res/temps/humidity to get room dialed in

This room has to be stealth so it will be sealed room with no chance of any odours escaping ... need a suggestion if anyone is familiar with electronic locks - I already have a idea to make the door stealth ... also Any suggestions on a lightproof enclosure for the diy ezcloner so I can keep it in the same 4' X 12' space?

Thanks

Top Bottom