4 X 8 Sealed Tent Setup Question

• Thread starter timmur
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
timmur

timmur

I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on a new tent setup and I wanted to get some thoughts around sealing it up. Here's the basic equipment list.

Secret Jardin 4 x 8 Orca 240
UC 6 with remote epicenter
1/4 hp chiller
(4) Cycloptics Greenbeams lights
14,000 btu Portable AC
70 pint dehumidifier
Hyper Fan Stealth 6 in 315 CFM
Phat Filter 20 inchx6 inch, 450 CFM

My plan is to recirculate the air in the tent with the fan and carbon filter and cool/dehumidify the environment inside the tent with the duhey/AC, and CO2 (bottle). I've read quite a bit about the difficulties of running a tent sealed, so I wanted to hear opinions regarding how well this will or won't work.

Last edited:
Wildill

Wildill

That will work just fine I've always ran a sealed room never had any problems. I have 4x8 room going right now 6 plants 10gallon smartpots bottle co2 window ac unit humidifier right now still veging under to for 400 watt mh bulbs about to grab 2 Nanolux DE 100o watt to flower under. I hear they put out a lot of heat so I'm going to build a 5x10 room good luck bro

mikeross

mikeross

That will work just fine I've always ran a sealed room never had any problems. I hear they put out a lot of heat so I'm going to build a 5x10 room good luck bro

Are you talking about a sealed tent?

Wildill

Wildill

I actual built using 2x4 and visqueen plastic a lot cheaper than a tent and more durable

ken dog

ken dog

I would probably tape the outside zippers on the tent... especially near the bottom, as that is where the co2 will want to settle and leak out.

ken dog

ken dog

No problem... Sorry if I am posting on your threads too much.

I also have a small Secret Jardin tent, a 2x2, it is the best tent that I have, and is almost completely light proof. I hardly see any spots at all coming out of it when the lights are off outside and the lights are on inside.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

how does one use a sealed environment all the while pumping in cold a/c air into the tent with out an exhaust? and fyi, tents will never be sealed. there will be soooooo many pin holes, zipper leaks, seam leaks its not funny. ive ran 3x 4x4x6.5 secret jardin tents and ALL had pin hole, seam, zipper leaks.

F

FooDoo

I've run a "sealed" tent for over a year. almost two.

Yea its not fully sealed but not much of anything gets out. I run 84 days (veg+bloom) and make it by on onky two 20# co2 tanks. Smells contained. Environment is easy to control with AC and dehumid

timmur

timmur

Thanks FooDoo. My gut kept telling me it should work. Do you use a portable AC?

timmur

timmur

Figured. I reached the same conclusion. Tight squeeze putting the dehumidifier in there huh?

Dunge

Dunge

the co2 will want to settle and leak out.
What makes CO2 sink is that it is cold due to the pressure drop. Once it reaches room temp it is evenly dissolved into the room gasses. Or so I was taught in chemistry class.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

if you have air going in, air must go out or positive pressure will pop the tent or any room for that matter.

unless you run intake and exhaust on the off cycle of the co2.

MidniteGardener

MidniteGardener

I have a similar setup except I'm using a 10,000btu window a/c (more efficient than portables). I also have a 70pt dehumidifier but got rid of it because it put out too much heat and cycled on and off too much because it's made for a whole house not a single room. I went with the 30pint because it's the proper size for the bedroom my tent is in. I use the bedroom as a lung room, where the air is cooled and dehumidified and then brought into the tent through an intake with a 6" hyper fan. Hot air is pulled through an 8x24" carbon filter and out of the tent.

Growing in a tent brings enough constraints, that huge dehumidifier in there is only going to make your growing environment tougher to control and your electrical bill higher since the a/c will be working overtime fighting the heat from the dehuey... A dehuey is basically the same as a portable a/c anyways, except the cold air is kept inside to condense moisture and the hot air is blown out the exhaust. So a 14k btu a/c is probably going to dehumidify your room plenty by itself. I would keep all that stuff outside the tent. I wouldn't bother with C02 if you don't already have your grow dialed after a few runs. Keeping your environment stable will help your yield more than supplemental CO2 on a grow this size, and your house already probably has around 600-800ppm depending on how many people live with you. If you add that later keep the tank outside the tent and just run hoses that disperse it inside the tent. Use all the extra room from leaving the equipment out for grow space. 1200w should be enough to fill that 4x8 wall to wall to maximize your efficiency.

Top Bottom