4 X 8 Sealed Tent Setup Question

• Thread starter timmur
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ken dog

ken dog

if you have air going in, air must go out or positive pressure will pop the tent or any room for that matter.

unless you run intake and exhaust on the off cycle of the co2.

Or... leave a hole at the top of the tent for ventilation... Very little co2 will escape.

ken dog

ken dog

What makes CO2 sink is that it is cold due to the pressure drop. Once it reaches room temp it is evenly dissolved into the room gasses. Or so I was taught in chemistry class.

In the pursuit of the truth, I should post this as well... regarding the gases being mixed, what you say is true.
Given enough time, diffusion will mix the gases.

.http://colinb-sciencebuzz.blogspot.com/2010/01/if-co2-is-so-heavy-why-doesnt-it-sink.html?m=1
Fair use excerpt:
There's a variant on the experiment that I devised while teaching to demonstrate the petrol vapour effect. One places a jar of bromine on top, and then removes the divider. Most of the bromine fumes sink immediately into the lower jar, behaving as if they were enclosed in a balloon. But the fumes then gradually diffuse back upwards to produce the same end-result as before

MidniteGardener

MidniteGardener

I almost missed the Under Current UC6. That system is probably going to take up all the space in a 4x8 anyways. And the chiller is yet another source of heat being exhausted into the room. You'll have a much easier time dialing everything in if you put everything outside the tent and just circulate the air with intake/exhaust, plus you'll have an an extra 8ft^2 of grow space which could net you another 1/4lb to 1/2lb of yield.

timmur

timmur

Yeah moving the environmental stuff outside the tent makes the most sense and make the outer room a lung room, but unfortunately that's not an option. I'll probably end up using a Breeze mini split and figure out a way to squeeze a dehumidifier in their.

MidniteGardener

MidniteGardener

The a/c already acts as a dehumidifier. If you use a minisplit mounted in your tent that should control your humidity, because they have a drain line for the condensation runoff.

Dunge

Dunge

Sorry, but that is not correct.
Thanks for the demo vid ken dog.
The myth I was attempting to break is that CO2 will segregate from other gasses due to its density.

Once mixed, it stays mixed.
You agree?

ken dog

ken dog

Thanks for the demo vid ken dog.
The myth I was attempting to break is that CO2 will segregate from other gasses due to its density.

Once mixed, it stays mixed.
You agree?

Yes... and I admit that I've learned something while researching it on Google.

Latest posts

Top Bottom