4 X Mars Hydro Or 1x P 300

• Thread starter dnewsome2
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
dnewsome2

dnewsome2

4 by 3 area light 48 inches off floor growing vegetables and fruits. My question would 4 x Mars Hydro 300 be better than 1x Advanced Platinum 300. The 4x Mars Hydro will draw a total of 490 Watts. The advanced Platinum 300 will draw 180 watts. More watts is better right? The specifications and real facts are all over the place I can't make heads or tails of any of it. Was hoping a pro could give me some advice.

Last edited:
h4ppyf4rmer

h4ppyf4rmer

4 by 3 area light 48 inches off floor growing vegetables and fruits. My question would 4 x Mars Hydro 300 be better than 1x Advanced Platinum 300. The 4x Mars Hydro will draw a total of 490 Watts. The advanced Platinum 300 will draw 180 watts. More watts is better right? The specifications and real facts are all over the place I can't make heads or tails of any of it. Was hoping a pro could give me some advice.

I don't know about the Mars product, but I used a Platinum p600 for my first grow in a 4x4 tent, it really only covers a 3x4 area for vegging at 24 to 30 inches from the plants. once I got to blooming, I was pretty underwhelmed and the coverage was smaller due to being 18" from the canopy. Platinum recommended that I needed two p600 for my 4x4 tent for full coverage.

StandingRock

StandingRock

Happy is right, platinum covers less. I had the 600 too and I felt it covered only 1.5 by 3. I got rid of mine after the first grow and bought a solistek 315 cmh. I absolutely love it.

StandingRock

StandingRock

And yes leds are all over the place. You need to weigh watts vs coverage vs par.

h4ppyf4rmer

h4ppyf4rmer

Happy is right, platinum covers less. I had the 600 too and I felt it covered only 1.5 by 3. I got rid of mine after the first grow and bought a solistek 315 cmh. I absolutely love it.

I'm sticking with my p600 and using it for Vegging only in a 4x4 tent, I'm putting together an 18@50w COB light array in a 4x8 tent for blooming only. The components for the array were a bit steep in price...

StandingRock

StandingRock

I'm sticking with my p600 and using it for Vegging only in a 4x4 tent, I'm putting together an 18@50w COB light array in a 4x8 tent for blooming only. The components for the array were a bit steep in price...

I sold my 600 and bought a 150. It's perfect for keeping my moms alive and rooting clones. Great minds think alike!

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

I imagine the 4 mars would give better spread. I'd try for the 315 cmh if you can.
I'm already partially invested so you know how that goes but thanks for the heads up. Those Advanced Platinum LEDs are pretty good but the people selling them are a bunch of damn Liars horrible coverage and weak with a hot spot in the middle. Besides I think I like the idea of having more smaller units so I ship that sucker back to them.

Farmer P

Farmer P

I've got a couple 300w led's and they do pretty well. (viparspectra and maxsisun) I've seen some pretty good flowers grown on the mars. I love my 315. The spectrum of the light is like sunlight. You can see all the true colors in your plants. Maybe try one later.

StandingRock

StandingRock

I've got a couple 300w led's and they do pretty well. (viparspectra and maxsisun) I've seen some pretty good flowers grown on the mars. I love my 315. The spectrum of the light is like sunlight. You can see all the true colors in your plants. Maybe try one later.

And the frostiest buds around!

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

I'm going to look into those 315 everyone seems to love those

Bannacis

Bannacis

I would go with the mars 300s. they will cover more area. I had just one mars 300 on two plants, not trained like I normally do and in smaller pots.Not the best conditions... got 3 oz off them. (Ice Bomb) nice nugs.

Latest posts

Top Bottom