4000 watts vertical (sealed room)

• Thread starter MasterGrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

MasterGrower

I have 2 sealed rooms 10 X 10 both with 4000 watts vertical bare bulbs, rooms built to a T, pictures coming this week. Im wondering what would be the most productive way to run this setup? Should i just add one every 10 days, to room 1 and always keep room 2 vegging or does that seem not as efficient ?

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

If you have additional space where you can veg things out I would put the two rooms on a flip flop. You could harvest once a month or even more frequently if you have different strains that run different flowering periods.

M

MasterGrower

i have a 8 by 8 room , thats were the cloner is and i keep the clones when they root under the t-5s for a few days then added to the veg room, but it's not setup with co2 and a mini split like room 1 and 2.

B

bluewaves

turn ur clone room into veg and mothers and ur other 2 rooms to bloom on a flip flop...its more productives IMO.....

M

MasterGrower

Just veg with the t5s ? Then add 1 to each room every 10 days ?

M

MasterGrower

Master Grower,
4k vertical? be better off with hoods or adjusta wings and 2 trays per room, preveg in that other space and flip/flop the 2 flower rooms, thats a tight set-up.
How were you planning on growing? what style?[/

Yea I went vertical finally after doing the beds with 2 lights per bed, just wanted less plant numbers and room to work I'm in 18 gallon totes with ocean forest, black gold , perlite, happy frog mix. I got 4 at 21 days in flower have started to add one every 10 days , pics coming soon i have been working my ass off building and getting this shit on point.I guess after i knock out a few from this first run i need to spend more money before I can juke that 8x8 with hps co2 and ac right?

R

robz

Not trying to hijack this thread but I've got a 4 by 8 tent and a veg room. I want to do a perpetual harvest but I'm only able to grow 15. Can I get some advice on how to go about it. 2000 watts HPS IN MY 4 by 8 tent for flowering. 400 watt in veg room.

B

bong bandit

10x10 is too tight for 4k in my opinion, unless you do something unconventional like put them down the middle and just keep your plants in an exterior rectangle.... aka stadium lay out.

will be interesting to see how you set it up.

M

MasterGrower

10x10 is too tight for 4k in my opinion, unless you do something unconventional like put them down the middle and just keep your plants in an exterior rectangle.... aka stadium lay out.

will be interesting to see how you set it up.

really, too tight ? Getting camera this weekend need pics then i can throw out all the details to get some thoughts, anyway it's setup like this
o x o
x o x
o x o (x = light )
I'm not going to say i wouldn't like another 2 ft each way bro, but it's in a basement and my space was 30 ft by 11 , and i didn't want to skimp on the walls even though it's in a basement i went with 2x6 studs to frame all sides then had the crew foam insulate instead of the standard (upgraded after seeing how loud my boys is with 2x4 studs and standard 3.5 inch pink is. It's like when you build your house build it right the first time right! Anyways i threw the fucking hoods away after reading all about the vertical grows. anyone else think it's to small of rooms for vertical?

B

Budders

My boy has a 10X10 room and he runs all hoods...bigger canopy is the key IMO..make use of every sq ft.

Whats the reason for selecting vertical?

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

If you're planning on doing 40" centers then no, I'd say you got it covered. I'm going to be doing something similar on my next run.

M

MasterGrower

My boy has a 10X10 room and he runs all hoods...bigger canopy is the key IMO..make use of every sq ft.

Whats the reason for selecting vertical?

Well i'm telling you it's twice as bright and after tons of reading and years of growing with 2 lights over a bed i figured time for a change, Im only 3 weeks in on flower on the first 4 and i'm very impressed to say the least.

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

@Master

Personally I don't think I will ever look back. At some point I may rock both vertical and horizontal.

@Budders

Hoods waste light by relying on reflection. Vertical bulbs and properly placed plants are a LOT more effieicient. You can cut down on plant numbers and increase yields tremendously.

S

swisscheese

Well i'm telling you it's twice as bright and after tons of reading and years of growing with 2 lights over a bed i figured time for a change, Im only 3 weeks in on flower on the first 4 and i'm very impressed to say the least.

In a 10x10 with vertical lights 4k may not be enough depending on how you setup the lights and how many plants etc. Less than 4k in there would be silly.

drknockbootz

drknockbootz

Sounds good stick with vertical, I dunno why some people are trying to get you to go horizontal. There are plenty of threads with amazing grows horizontal and vertical and its obvious you want to give vert a shot. That layout looks good, just know that when they finish stretching, it will be tough to move around and you better control and manage the stretch. They can range from 3.5ft-4.5 wide so take that into consideration. Check out mrdizzle's grow with the same setup and his room is about your size just slightly bigger and he is killing it.

Another idea is to do a vert scrog stacked 600's or 1000 up top and 600 on the bottom. Put a screen around the bulb with a 3.5ft-4ft diameter and train the plants into the screen. This is more ideal for stretchy plants. Your original light layout is more ideal for plants with not too much stretch. Anyways good luck with your grow.....peace

W

weedsmkn

just a thought, you could throw the bulbs all in the middle of the room like 10 inches apart. Then introduce the plants one every 10 days, rotate the plants around the lights clockwise, and give the plants themselves a 120degree turn every day. You would be harvesting a very large plant every 10 days, and would have about 7 plants in there all different sizes so only the largest plants would be a hassle.

Ive been vaping all morning so excuse me if this idea sucks.

Peace,
weedsmkn

K

kronik420

How much you yield and how long you veg I'm thinking of getting 4 - 1000's set up like yours and putting 2-1000w MH bulbs in for 3 weeks? turning plants 180degrees daily in 5gallon pots???(maybe 7gallon what do you recomend) then start flower with all 4bulbs in still turning every other day or so.

Does this sound good any recommendations? From what you learned?

M

MasterGrower

What up forgot about this post, it worked great when i was there to run it for my boy, but he doesn't have years of experience to run it like it was setup , Different strains, sizes, every one diff feeding, way to much for him to handle, so long story short works great for keeping low plant count, (If i was to live there and run it it would stay as is for sure) but for now he is going to run just one room with the 2 beds drain to waste and if he can't handle that well (it's not everyones game right) the 3 plants we did finish vertical were great avg 15 zips each, veg for 2 months after clone roots very impressed for first time vertical. (thanks for all your help farmers)

S

smokestack23

Yeah not sure why people were suggesting not to go vert and why anyonw would think 4000W is too much for 100sq'. Isn't 50W/sq' pretty much considered minimum?

Anyway...I guess it's all history now. My rooms are about the same size and I've been gradually switching to 600s so I can stack em and at the same time squeeze the wattage up in total a bit.

I'd recommend doing a RDWC or UC set-up. MUCH faster growth. As you know...multiple strains can be a bitch. If doing a RDWC or UC setup You have to pretty much have to have the same strain and at the same stage off each res.

At one place I have a single room with 2 4 pod RDWC systems staggered a month apart. 10X10 with 4800W.

At another place I have 2 rooms like you do. Each room has 6 plants and the rooms are a month apart.

I have to do them this way rather than harvest all at once to stay within my limits. Plus...that's a lot of work to do all at one time. Harvesting, trimming, re-filling the room...

My two cents.
PEACE!

Top Bottom