4000 wattt og raskal and calli connection grow!!

• Thread starter oglovinlife18
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
O

oglovinlife18

yeah but i already have a 110 set up so it would be more convienent

p3s7

p3s7

I have all 110v outlets at my place too....but trust me bro your going to want to run 240's to save your amps. I bought the C.A.P. unit your talking about and my electrician buddy opened her up and told me to return it immediately....in his opinion it was junk and he would never recommend it for someone to use it especially when using more industrial amounts of electricity. Don't remember what he showed and told me but after he did I believed it was junk too.

get yourself one of these....Had it built and wired up for $370. Even connected my A/C power to it too.

IMG 0067
DSCN0983
DSCN0987
F

Fred

Premium Member
Supporter
This really has been great info. I am getting to work on this soon. 240v here I come.

C

CAPO

Yep- those pix of p3s7's are what you would call a dedicated sub-panel. The wiring feeding that panel is 240v.

To answer your question oglovinlife18: NO NO and NO!!!!!!! The device you linked is just like the sub-panel above . It MUST be wire fed using 240v. The 120v side of the device you linked is feeding off the 240v power for ACCESSORIES. Just a matter of convenience for using a fan or timer.

Don't worry man you'll start to get it. Like I said get some basic wiring knowledge. You can go grab a book for less than $20. It is well worth it and you need to not make mistakes when dealing with electric. You could end up killing yourself and/or others.

C

CAPO

My point is that bad wiring can lead to overloading; which can lead to a fire. Not trying to shake anyone's confidence, just want ya'all to keep it clean and safe.

Everybody's got to start somewhere and having some over all knowledge will give you the confidence you need. I still refer to other people, books, and diagrams when tinkering around with electricity, like the old addage says, "you learn somethin' new everyday"!

M

Mr.

Amazing that your bill is less than $500 for 4 lights! Out here in So Cal it will be over a $1000 for 4 lights, ac's, water chiller, fans, and pumps. During the veg time with everything on 24 hours a day it is double that.

Top Bottom