4000w Hps/mh What Should I Do?

• Thread starter All Plains
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
All Plains

All Plains

Getting 4 1000w lights. Questions off the top of the head are....
-how many plants should be grown?
-how to exhaust air in and out?((using a room not a closet))(was thinking of putting foam in a window and cutting holes in it and pulling air in with one fan and out with other)
-of course the yield question.... How much will i yield? ((overall))What would be my best bet for the best yielding set up?? Strains suggestions etc.....

All Plains

All Plains

faq....wow....i was wanting pics and links from different ppl. I was just tryin to gage in conversation.

Mmjcaveman

Mmjcaveman

Do like 5 minutes of surfing the web n you be set on those questions lol except yield. You need to grow your own recipe before deciding how much you MIGHT yield. Literally everything YOU do as a grower effects your yield. Those plants won't yield themselves let's put it that way

Mmjcaveman

Mmjcaveman

Btw if you are doing 4 1000w lights you better have a few hundred for an AC if not over 1000 dollars for a mini split. Don't just buy 4 lights and start growing with H/O fans, Exhausting fans ain't Gon do shit but keep you at 85° unless your in Alaska and can pull cook air in all year round, but then your dealing with potential bug infestations. You have much to learn grasshopper.

I'm not here to be a dick so let's help you out a bit.

You should not exhaust any air at all and purchase a co2 system in order to keep your air recirculating for highest co2 saturation =. Larger yielding plants by 15%-30%.

If your worried about yield look up some high yielding strains, which most will yield pretty fair if you do things right.

For each light I typically won't use more than 4 plants but many people use a method known as sea of green where many small plants make a canopy much faster in veg with more plants.

For your setup to yield very well with the right amount of love and care, you will want the following

2 ton a/c (mini split or 20,000btu of cooling power)

Ducting to cool your lights.
but in an infinite circle not pulling air in or out

Or

Pull air from a warm room of the house by cutting a 8" hole in the wall then after cooling the four lights duct leads to the window. (Therefore there is no CO2 wasted) GETS EXPENSIVE!

mount about 8 fans around your room evenly spaced

Get 2 4x8 flood tables for your drainage/runoff

Get a water wand and pump to hand water your plants

Get a reverse osmosis system for clean water

Get ph and ppm pens

Decide on nutrients. I prefer 'SUCCESS NUTRIENTS'

Get some 1x1 cubes for seeds/cuttings

Let me know when you get this far and I'll keep you going

Last edited:
gravekat303

gravekat303

Premium Member
Supporter
So there are alto ov variables but I've seen people hit 3 pounds alight I have never done that. Most people hit a pound per light but its not easy especially for a newbie all depends on strain temp and many other things. My boy runs 100 plants per 4 6oowatt lights and gets over a pound per light in a seaof green I prefer 4 to 5 plants per light in big pots. But my boy in coco runs 4 plants in 3 gals of coco hitting about 2 per light

MidwestToker

MidwestToker

So there are alto ov variables but I've seen people hit 3 pounds alight I have never done that. Most people hit a pound per light but its not easy especially for a newbie all depends on strain temp and many other things. My boy runs 100 plants per 4 6oowatt lights and gets over a pound per light in a seaof green I prefer 4 to 5 plants per light in big pots. But my boy in coco runs 4 plants in 3 gals of coco hitting about 2 per light
Same here, but I run 12, 9 ltr pots of coir per 600, per 4x4 ,

Mmjcaveman

Mmjcaveman

If you plan on running four lights that is not very practical. Do not listen to anybody here (You will start a fire and burn down your house) because you will have no bud and nothing to ever show for it either it's not a game.

If you are running 4 lights. First off f all this adds up to at least 20 amps running power with 1000w hps.
Most home wall plugs run 15amps and you never want to exceed 80% electrical capacity in each 15amp plug.
So in that case you can only hook up 2 1000w lamps in an outlet at a time, and you do NOT want to use an extension cord for this either.

Now let's add the lights up
20amps
Ac 8-20amps
Done

Mmjcaveman

Mmjcaveman

Highest yielding setup can be dangerous for newbies lots to go wrong

Buy the book called 3 a light by Josh haupt

Then purchase success nutrients and you will be yielding real weight

MirrorZen

MirrorZen

:speechless: :opps: :cry:
Can i not just plug everything in the wall?
Got a lot of planning and understanding ahead of you. We are not going to spell everything out and hold your hand all the way (even though we did with Tinderthumbs and she still doesn't understand shit). Best to start with the basics and work your way up, perhaps a basic gardening book, will hone your skills and help you get to a point of understanding. Goodluck sir

MidwestToker

MidwestToker

A single 1,000 is going to pull 9 amps @ 120 Volts. Lets just say you're running 2, 1,000. With ballast losses you're looking at 2,200 watts for those 2 lights or 18.3 amps. A 20 amp circuit is not even good enough for 2 lights.

S

Sativa Dom

QUOTE="Sativa Dom, post: 1857539, member: 81492"] ... [/QUOTE]

Shit, sorry dude, I fucked up on that one. Meant to include the following videos in that post. Don't know what happened to them the first time:--

01.) Watch "Big Buds As Seen On Vice!" || The Urban Grower on YouTube

02.) Watch "Medi Grow with Bubbleman!!" || The UG on YouTube

03.) Watch "Ed Rosenthal" || The UG on YouTube

04.) Watch "Ed Rosenthal Recommends Organic Bountea Compost Tea" (0:28)

05.) Watch "Organic Bountea Presents: The Secret is in the Soil" (7:34)

06.) Watch "John Evans and Organic Bountea" (13:13)

07.) Watch "How to Brew Compost Tea" (10:42) - by John Evans

08.) Watch "The Secrets of Growing Giant Vegetables" (9:56)

09.) Watch "Bountea 4 Gallon Brew Kit" (8:52)

10.) Watch "The Bountea Garden Tea Brewer Kit: A Closer Look" (3:53)

11.) Watch "Organic Bountea talks nutrition for families using organic products at Wedels Spring Expo" (3:09)

12.) Watch "Bountea Product Information" (2:01)

13.) Watch "Bountea 50 Gallon Brew Kit" (1:46)

14.) Watch "Father Earth uses Bountea Compost Tea" (2:04)

15.) Watch "Dr Nuzzi Using Bountea" (2:18)

Strains suggestions etc.....

16.) Watch "Biggest Yielding Marijuana Strains 2016" on YouTube

All Plains

All Plains

So in that case you can only hook up 2 1000w lamps in an outlet at a time, and you do NOT want to use an extension cord for this either.

-------------------------------------------------
So what if there were five outlets in the room. Still a no no. Ok how do i setup this electrical circuit? Does it run from the outlet or somewhere in the wall. And i would appreciate it if u guys did hold my hand so i dont burn down a house hahaha. Thank you so much to everyone that has chimed in.

Top Bottom