• Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

globe_toker

So as the thread title states:

4000w grow bare bulb
10x10x10 tent
8" vortex with carbon

Only can grow soil unfortunately but still going to be a good one. What do you guys recommend for veg time / number of plants / pot sizes etc.

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

start in 6" pots for veg, 4 weeks trans-plant into 3 gallon pots and flower, 12 plants per light

G

globe_toker

4 x 1000w spaced evenly in 4 quadrants. 4 month time frame. 7 week veg with 9 flower

G

globe_toker

I don't mind growing large ones. Just wanted to give a time frame. Good input

G

globe_toker

Going bare bulb just because I'm cheap and don't wanna cough up 1000 for 4 first time around. Ambient temps are like 50 with lights off so fan won't need to run too much.

soserthc1

soserthc1

50 with lights off seem pretty low ? I could be wrong but gotta be like a 25 degree swing with lights on ? curious if this is harmful ?

sounds like a nice set up for a 10/10/10 tent thou - I would veg for 2 months transplant 4 -5 gals per light if running trees as ten foot allows you that space

good luck
SoSer

G

globe_toker

I might have to run a heater when lights are off because it is rather cool in the area. I was planning on begging in 2 gals for 2 months and planting 4 - 10 gals per light... Aiming for 8 oz per plant

D

Dulce

I might have to run a heater when lights are off because it is rather cool in the area. I was planning on begging in 2 gals for 2 months and planting 4 - 10 gals per light... Aiming for 8 oz per plant
You're not gonna get 8 zips outta 2 gallons

G

globe_toker

You're not gonna get 8 zips outta 2 gallons
I think there was miscommunication . 2 gal in veg, 10 gal flower. 4 x 10 gal per light

Peat pot 2 weeks > 2 gal bag 6 weeks > 10 gal bag flowering. Possibly a week veg to establish rots in 10 gal before flipping

D

Dulce

Ahh okay....that makes more sense.

The only prob I see is leaving plants in 2 gals for six weeks. With soil, transplanting is key. You want to up-pot every couple of weeks.
Think of it like this- as you grew in life your foot got bigger and somebody made sure to always get you shoes that matched the size of your foot. Now imagine if instead of that, your parents stopped buying you new shoes when you were 8 and you had to wear those size 5's until you were like 17. Then after finally getting a proper size 11, you're told you have to go run a race next week. You might not do so good :depressed:

G

globe_toker

That's a good way of thinking about it. Maybe I've been under sizing my pots all along. I always thought having them root bound then that indicates they are ready for transplant.

Realistically there's 4 months of growing season then outdoor hits and indoor halts immediately. I want to get big plants, not numbers but whatever is best.

Just have to get seeds at this point, looking for kush but we all know yields aren't the greatest.

G

globe_toker

So what's your recommended veg size then transplant to flower size? I was even thinking 10 gal was small with 10' height.

15 gals? 16 in total maybe veg in 3 gals? Just need to get things moving now, been a while since my last 2k and I'm primarily an outdoor guy.

D

Dulce

I think 10 gals @ 4 per light is a good. And I think you're on the right track with your veg plan. However with around an 8 week veg I would do:
Dixie cup
To 1 gal
To 3 gal
To 5 gal
To 10 gal 5-10 days before flower.

Obviously your situation will vary, but thats kinda the general guideline.
However if you are doing a seed run then I would just veg 3-4 weeks, take clones and go right into flower in 3 gallons.

G

globe_toker

How many 3 gals under the 1k? 9?

I'm starting from seed too

D

Dulce

12-16. That's a good seed run. Just do 1k, no need to do a full 4K run. That requires alot of veg space to hold mons while you're doing your selections.

sensicloud

sensicloud

Not worried about heat inside the tent doing 4k bare bulb ?

Top Bottom