400w lumatek fuse size?????

• Thread starter purpleberry
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
purpleberry

purpleberry

I need to know how many amp fuse i need for a lumatek 400w ballast. It doesnt say it on the fuse it only says 250v. The 600w is a 10amp. Im sure the 400 is less.

B

boxmunch9

15amp is plenty, really a 10amp is but who has 10 amp breaker. they only pull about 4amps

D

diesel

dpends where u are but a normal plug socket is 13amps your light if digital will crank to about 3.5 amps but maybe just a normal household fuse is fine.

purpleberry

purpleberry

This seems like a hard question to get a answer to. lol I dont want to put a fuse with to few amps, it will blow, If its to many it wont do its job. The guy at the grow shop doesnt know and doesnt have any, I got a email back from lumatek tec support offering to send me some for free, but didnt tell me how many amps they are. lol I just want to go buy some as i need this ballast running now. I guess Ill take the free ones from lumatek and go put a 10 amp to get me by til they get here.

B

boxmunch9

the question was answered, it uses 4 amps, so a 10amp or 15 amp is fine. all you have to do is plug it into the wall. its the same wattage as a flat screen tv

H

highrise

Is this wired 110 or 220? and i assume you are talking about the fuse in the ballast and not in you house electrical box.

purpleberry

purpleberry

110 and its the fuse in the ballast. I found a guy that knew how to id the fuse and it is a 5 amp for the 400w.

A

acubus

The real question is...why did the fuse blow in the first place. I know a few people, my self included, who replaced the fuse on Lumateks. Only to have the AC socket and cord melt shortly after. Sure it worked after replacing the fuse, but it obviously isn't safe no more. Replacement time if it was me....Lumatek bragged a great warranty, but don't seem to be backing it up. The store, I got mine had to replace mine with another brand. The Lumatek rep is avoiding them, I was told.

Top Bottom