• Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

larc03

this is my first grow
im still setting up my closet its 4'x2' an 5 ft from the light to the ground
i know im using soil thoe forsuree
dont know wat size pots to goe with ?
plz plz really need any advice.? or anythink i need or can add to the setup?

400w
J

jimbobthe3rd

My advice - get four smaller pots or simply one larger pot under that 400w. Looks like you don't have a carbon filter, so you're not worried about smell? And you're going to hand water? If you give more details about what you want to accomplish, with what budget and what materials, for what reason, the more input the community can give to help you.

LBH

LBH

For $20, a variable speed adjustment for that fan is worth every penny. Turn it down during lights out, less noise and draw.

3-5gal smart pots recommended. I run 4 plants under each 400.

Read up on scrogging. Getting the most out of a small grow.

check out the tutorials in my sig

This is a 400 with 4 under a screen (This is when I was in soil, it's all hydro now)

[YOUTUBE]dmlmXpuhS48[/YOUTUBE]

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

With that setup you have right there I would myself go with 1 plant. a 10 or 15 gallon smart pot. I would use Coco and CNS17 and follow there schedule to a T.
Or just use the soil you want with the same size smart pot.
The reason I say 1 plant in a large pot is you will yeild quiet a bit off that if you scrog it. Screen of green. Keep the plant as short as you can by keeping a net on it or by tying it down.
In you setup you want to go low and wide with your plants. Do not grow them tall. If you keep them short and wide you will get more bud sites and end up with more buds than you would if you let the plant grow tall. The light is not strong enough to penetrate more than 2 feet, so past that you will get airy buds.
Good luck, and remember the KISS method....Keep It Simple Stupid!!!

C

cannabill

larc03, My 2 cents - I grow under a single 400w as well, and I found that a rotation crop works the best. Running a single crop under 400w to finish before you start next run, you'll smoke it up before next crop @ 90 days is ready. Lower yields under 400w. With rotation I put 4 one month old clones in to flower every 1st and 15th of every month, also I harvest 4 every 1st and 15th - and I also clone 4 more for 30 day veg. as well. Once you get thru the cycle , you are made in the shade. My 400 is in a 4x4 space and I use a fluorescent light to help keep a 18/6 on the veggers. Hope this helps ~ Bill

L

larc03

im reading all of the advice
thnxx alot
whos used smart pots
are they a good investment
im thinkin about using them instead of grow bags

LBH

LBH

Smart pots- best invention since the screen door

You won't find many, if any, who have used them, that would recommend using anything else.

larc03, My 2 cents - I grow under a single 400w as well, and I found that a rotation crop works the best. Running a single crop under 400w to finish before you start next run, you'll smoke it up before next crop @ 90 days is ready. Lower yields under 400w. With rotation I put 4 one month old clones in to flower every 1st and 15th of every month, also I harvest 4 every 1st and 15th - and I also clone 4 more for 30 day veg. as well. Once you get thru the cycle , you are made in the shade. My 400 is in a 4x4 space and I use a fluorescent light to help keep a 18/6 on the veggers. Hope this helps ~ Bill

absolutely. I run 2x 400's. I harvest 1 per month. Every 4 weeks, 4 plants (one screen) comes out and 4 more get germed. I run 2 stages of flowering and 2 stages of veg. This allows me to harvest 4 plants every 4 weeks. (as long as I stick with 8 week strains)

audius

audius

wow,nice set up mang,lmao,,the dank tank. & to think my wife ripped on me for naming my hydro system & cloner. my veg round is starting to take off now,ill post some pics before i put up my screen. good to see your set up mang. :RastaBong:

audius

audius

eh screw it ,i got time, heres my 2 girls. 5 weeks in :icon_spin: i should have waited 1 more week on my veg on those to fill the screen but ,i didnt. im still learning,& with LBHS tutoral my next round gonna be a win :mooning

Scrog 001
Scrog 002
Scrog 003
LBH

LBH

Don't kid yourself dude,...that's a win right there. Knowing it can get better is only the icing. ;)

C

cannabill

larc03, Its funny you brought up smartpots, that is my next move along with changing to coco coir, read the posts here @ THCbay on the coco, the yields improve enough to make the change. I currently use Roots Organic potting soil in my grow. And it goes without saying upgrade to 1000w to go with the other changes.

LBH, nice set up guy, isn't it great to operate rotating harvests, plus all 4 plants can be different plants as long as flower times are same. Keep the faith ~ Bill

L

larc03

thnx for all the advice everyone ;p
lets keep this thread goinn :RastaBong::icon_spin::icon_spin:
that be hydro for coco and smart pots rite.?
ima look up on that setup wre are the post.?
and yes the crop rotatoin is nice if you have more than one grow room
i have the top shelf im thinkin bout putting a light for myclones to veg wile im flowering bellow

L

larc03

i have the top shelf im thinkin bout putting a light for myclones to veg wile im flowering bellow

L

larc03

C

cannabill

Guys, read the coco posts - coco and/or smartpots don't have to be hydro; you can hand water just like potting soil. larc03- one grow room- I use a fluoro light in the closet to keep veg 18/6 timing and move under the 400w during the 12 hours it is on. When I ge
t the 1000w then I'll use 400w for a dedicated veg room. (another 4x4 growing space)

~ Bill

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

#4 Smart Pots and Coco here. House and Garden Coco nutes, Full line up. Feed to waste is my setup.
I will probably get crap for saying this but I am switching to CNS-17 for veg. I have been doing a side by side with CNS17 vs House and Garden Coco. The CNS17 is winning so far in veg. Also the CNS17 is a hell of a lot easier to use than H&G for me.

L

larc03

nice bill...
well i think im going with 8-5 gal plastic grow bags with ocean forest
any ideas i can do better? im aslo thinkin smrt pots with ocean forest?
thnx for all the replys

Top Bottom