40k Light Controller Suggestions?

• Thread starter vangs
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
vangs

vangs

anyone know any good light controllers/timers for 36-42 outlets.

germinator

germinator

:confused:36-42....train a few golden retrievers. Dude you gonna need a family of 4 seriously. I'm totally jealous. Freakin jungle.
Dream setup good luck, keep us looped.

Mr.X

Mr.X

Ive seen some titan controls, the helios models go up to 24 i think. Im sure about theyre 16 unit lighting controllers. Find out about helios 18 i think. If U pair it with the atlas 1 controller U can control yer rh, co2, ac. Its sick with some upgrades. Check M out. Good luck on that run bro. Sendin positive vibrations 2u.

Mr.X

Mr.X

I forgot man, they have a 12k model with dual triggerz that can run 6n6 @ different schedules. Excellent 4 two separate chamberz. Oh, they run best @ 240v so keep that in mind. Might need some rewiring, upgrading. OH! And no im not a salesrep for TiTan controlz.... lmao... im sorry bros. Im gone....

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Gavitas EL controllers will do that,an EL1 will do 40 lights and an EL2 will do 2 rooms of 40 each.Honestly if i wanted to do something that size i would contact member @Olyver and have him build a custom controller,no sense cheaping out with a 40 lighter!

Mr.X

Mr.X

Gavitas R awesome man, however if yer ceilings are lower than 10 ft U might B askin 4 trouble. Assumin yer usin the DE lamps. (double ended bulbs)

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Gavitas R awesome man, however if yer ceilings are lower than 10 ft U might B askin 4 trouble. Assumin yer usin the DE lamps. (double ended bulbs)
Why do you think they make 600s and 750s?

Mr.X

Mr.X

Just to be in the market, u can get plenty of lights/lamps that work just as well 4 much less the price than a gavita., the de 1000 hps emits 2x as much lumens as any other lamp. Problem is the best applications R comercial. 15 ft celings work best. Dont get me wrong though; Gavita is theee shit !!!

Mr.X

Mr.X

Hey olyver, completely unrelated but would you happen to know if i can run phantom 2 ballasts on 110 and 220 aswell. I just upgraded and got the titan controls helios 18 its 220 but i didn't buy my ballasts specifically rated 220 but the sales guy told me they have a chip that recognizes the voltage and converts it or sumthin.

Mr.X

Mr.X

Yeah, thanx. I went back n checked the boxes. My extension cords are 16 gauge i think thats the problem.

vangs

vangs

Gavitas EL controllers will do that,an EL1 will do 40 lights and an EL2 will do 2 rooms of 40 each.Honestly if i wanted to do something that size i would contact member @Olyver and have him build a custom controller,no sense cheaping out with a 40 lighter!
do you need to use gavitas with their lighting controller? my cieling space is close to 18ft im good.

vangs

vangs

Just to be in the market, u can get plenty of lights/lamps that work just as well 4 much less the price than a gavita., the de 1000 hps emits 2x as much lumens as any other lamp. Problem is the best applications R comercial. 15 ft celings work best. Dont get me wrong though; Gavita is theee shit !!!
thats what my setup is all about 4 rows of 9 plants.. 20gal coco growing vertical with 55in centers, and then was gunna add about 15 gavitas horizontal for overhead lighting especially on the end rows so they dont just lean towards the vertical bulbs.

d0rk2dafullest

d0rk2dafullest

thats what my setup is all about 4 rows of 9 plants.. 20gal coco growing vertical with 55in centers, and then was gunna add about 15 gavitas horizontal for overhead lighting especially on the end rows so they dont just lean towards the vertical bulbs.

quarter turn everyday each plant that should solve that problem, but if u got the moolah, more power to u!

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
(2) MLC24 controllers would work but need an 80 amp dedicated circuit..the Gavita EL1 or EL2 would work with Gavitas but you have to hard wire the connection to the ballast...Nanolux DE using their NCCS cloud based controller is the shit and can control up to 999 ballast off a single wireless/rf controller

There is a company called Wattstopper that makes a zone controller that is UL, ETL, and CE rated so it will pass NEC code inspection...none of the others are...Titam makes a controller that has UL rated plugs in it but none of the other components are UL rated so you have to do the Jedi mind trick on the inspectors

Olyver

Olyver

cap ml24s are crap, they do not pass CEC or NEC. You should get an electrician you know to build a panel for 40 lights that is safe and reliable and built to exceed CEC or NEC. All the se controllers that use pulse modulation over RF can be tricky, you need the right frequencies.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
The problem out here is not that it is built to the NEC or CEC standard or better but it has to actually be certified and stickered for UL and ETL rating before it will pass inspection..No CAP controllers pass, no flip flop boxes pass, and Titan controllers only have UL rated outlets not the complete unit..inspectors are now talking about flash arc protection and stickers as well as actual lighting fixtures being certified for use in a damp environment, which no HID's are..gets real tricky for sure

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Pretty sure i read gavitas are certified for climate rooms(damp environments).Here is a blurb from the gavita owners manual,
''The product is meant for use in climate rooms. The product may be used in damp environments. The product may not be used in wet environments or outdoors. The Gavita Pro 750 W and 1000 W lamps function optimal when the ambient temperature is between 20 ~ 30 °Celsius / 68 ~ 86 °Fahrenheit.''

Olyver

Olyver

By getting an electrician to build the panel, you can ensure that they only use certified UL/CSA components. Even the enclosure that houses contactors has to be a certain size and may need to be louvred. If the panel is located outside the growroom it's straightforward, if it's mounted in the growroom, that will require different assembling and may be considered a damp location, check your local ESA.

Top Bottom