40kw Aptus/h16 Party!

• Thread starter DirtySanchez
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DirtySanchez

DirtySanchez

Don't have a lot of pics from the build or veg. Will post more when this run is complete and rooms are empty. We grow TREES due to plant count restrictions. Strain is Super Lemon Haze. Running a few Banners and White Fire also. Sorry for the shitty pics.

2x 20 light rooms running:
28' x 23' grow space
-Lumatek 1000 AC, Adjustawing Lg, Hortilux 1000 HPS
-Quest Powerdry 4000
-2x 5 ton split AC per room
-7g smart pots
-50/50 Plagron coco & Persilite
-Heavy Base. Aptus once per week. Rapid start, Budswel, Seagreen once per week. Foliar spray Canna boost twice in mid bloom. Drip clean every feed except Aptus day.
-Bluelab Guardian monitor
-Hydrologic Evolution RO
-BADASS irrigation system. Will elaborate later. Shout out to my boy ODR who helped us come up with a lot of the concepts we use in our rooms. He is here on the forums, I'm sure he'll out himself if he pleases.

Shooting for 2+ per light which our group has achieved many times with these genetics.

Ask away ;)

. 40kw aptush16 party40kw aptush16 party 3 40kw aptush16 party 4 40kw aptush16 party 5 40kw aptush16 party 6 40kw aptush16 party 2

ronvmpc

ronvmpc

How big is ur rez per room? How u watering those monsters?

Edit: saw u said you'd elaborate later. Will be patient. ;)

DirtySanchez

DirtySanchez

Res is 96g garbage can. We use a sweet ass drain to waste irrigation system. I will post pics but basically we have 7 rows. We have each row zoned off on a solenoid. We use a sprinkler timer to control each zone. We use rainbird (I think) drip heads which have 8 sites per head. 4 sites per plant, 2 plants per drip head. We use Ecoplus drip baskets to keep the spaghetti feeder lines exactly where we want. We use black mortar trays elevated with 2x4s. We cut holes in the bottom of the trays and plumb them together using botanicare drain fittings and black 3/4" vinyl hose. We angle the drain hose slightly and have an inline pump to drain the drainage system. We are looking for a good inline tds meter to monitor waste tds levels on the way out. We use a 1.5hp harbor freight inline pump which is pre-primed. We use the solenoids to ensure even pressurization. We couldn't find a reasonably priced pump that had the power to do the whole room at once, hence the solenoids.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ronvmpc

ronvmpc

Oooooohhhhh. I get it now. Pots drain into the concrete trays and run the drainage tubes at a slant.( as u stated) Then pump out the water from whatever u catch it in. Or ur running it straight to a drain. (Don't have that luxury) I like that a lot. Sorry man kinda stoned atm. Didn't see u put the pots in the tray.

Irrigation controllers and solenoids at the HD are pretty cheap. I'm guessing that irri system was fairly inexpensive.

U rock. Can't wait for some bud pics.

DirtySanchez

DirtySanchez

Best $500 ever spent. Drip heads were the most expensive like $6 each I think. It would be back breaking to tend to a garden like this without irrigation and drainage. Some of my buddies still rocking the good ol shop vac for drainage.. Poor guys

deacon1503

deacon1503

Nice work.

Fwiw...If you fancy a proper feed pump, the grundfos mq's work awesome.

deacon1503

deacon1503

Everyone keeps telling me grundfo.. There must be something to these pumps..

You think they'll pressurize a whole room like this one?

The 1hp should work fine, worst case split each room into 2 zones.

They are multi-stage with a built-in electronic pressure tank. Good shit.

Joe Fresh

Joe Fresh

Best $500 ever spent. Drip heads were the most expensive like $6 each I think. It would be back breaking to tend to a garden like this without irrigation and drainage. Some of my buddies still rocking the good ol shop vac for drainage.. Poor guys
:oops: thats me...the guy with 140 7 gal pots with saucers under them and and a rubbermaid bin and pump and hose for watering ..... and shop vac for draining lol....

been wanting to det something up like yours for a while...very very nice and im loving the price...had to scale down my grow because im on parole right now...but im thinking i might copy your system, might be sending you a PM shortly for more details on what parts are needed and where to order them...my biggets reason for not setting one up already was the issue of even water to each plant...was thinking of using drip emmiters but was steered away from that by many ppl due to clogging....anyways...sic set up and im tagging this..and will def pm you in the future about more details on the drip/drainage system...

DirtySanchez

DirtySanchez

Day 27. Chugging along although they look slightly behind to me. We usually can't see the stem at all in the colas by day 27. Room still needs some fine tuning but running well. Today is 500ppm a&b + Seagreen. If run off is high well run 2 res's through them instead of one.

T

Tylrr420

Hey man can u take a pic of your pump setup and how its plumbed? I'm trying to do something like this and I don't quite understand how the timer/pump/pump relay work together.. I read jacks thread on how to do his and I don't understand why you can't just hook a pump up to a digital timer or can you? Assuming that you had enough pressure to water the whole garden at once without zoning it. Is the sprinkler timer necessary?

Ned Kelly

Ned Kelly

hats off bro nice set up . what dry weight do you average a plant and how high do you grow those critters

B

Burned Haze

Nice setup bro! looks very clean and interesting . Hope for the best .

DirtySanchez

DirtySanchez

Hey man can u take a pic of your pump setup and how its plumbed? I'm trying to do something like this and I don't quite understand how the timer/pump/pump relay work together.. I read jacks thread on how to do his and I don't understand why you can't just hook a pump up to a digital timer or can you? Assuming that you had enough pressure to water the whole garden at once without zoning it. Is the sprinkler timer necessary?

I will get some more detailed pics posted up in the next few days.. Basically we hard line everything on 3/4" pvc starting in the res. the pvc is all the way to the bottom about 1/4" off the floor of the res allowing us to get it almost empty each time we feed. Then it's hardlined into the back of an inline pump. Then hardlined forward into the system. We ended up adding solenoids and zoning it so we could use a cheap pump rather than a massive one to pressurize the whole room. Our "controller" has a remote that allows us to switch rows with the push of a button. I would have preferred skipping the solenoids and it to feed all sites together or automate w a digital timer as u suggested but this was simple, cheap and quick for us and most importantly works well.

hats off bro nice set up . what dry weight do you average a plant and how high do you grow those critters

Thanks man. We were hoping for around 1 per plant but ended up a little under 3/4 due to overveg, lack of defoliation & some environmental issues. The actual plants were all around 5.5ft tall (and 9sq ft wide) but in the pots and on the stands they were at almost 7ft. We were using open hoods (adjustawings) and the leaf surface temps were a little high in some spots due to the height of the plants. We also only fed Aptus once per week but are going to run 2 (and sometimes 3 in peak bloom) Aptus feeds per week.

Overcrowding, feed regimen and needing to get room dialed really is what did us in on this run. Even still were getting numbers people only dream about ;)

Nice setup bro! looks very clean and interesting . Hope for the best .
Thank you my brother!.. You know I'm subbed for the Gavita room! ;)

Latest posts

Top Bottom