450w Led Or 800 Cob Led?

• Thread starter No1up
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

My big light I had custom made from the company that made Smithsjunk's light. But I had them use Vero's and not use those awful lenses.

Glad you backed those off some too, was going to say something. Those are still dimmable correct?

I read up on Vero recently. Look like a good deal as long as youre running them above 50% power. They say that's when their efficiency is comparable to the 3590s.

Yes, dimmable.

Yeah, I really like CF Grow. They are not cheapos like most of the other Chinese builders. They are Chinese made right? I checked out a video by Panda Grow (who make the exact same lights) and they added a digital screen with heat monitoring, auto temp controls, and a timer. I'm really happy with my lights and will definitely buy from CF Grow again. Hopefully they'll upgrade like Panda Grow did. Have to check with them about a custom build myself.

MW7945

MW7945

I read up on Vero recently. Look like a good deal as long as youre running them above 50% power. They say that's when their efficiency is comparable to the 3590s.

Yes, dimmable.

Yeah, I really like CF Grow. They are not cheapos like most of the other Chinese builders. They are Chinese made right? I checked out a video by Panda Grow (who make the exact same lights) and they added a digital screen with heat monitoring, auto temp controls, and a timer. I'm really happy with my lights and will definitely buy from CF Grow again. Hopefully they'll upgrade like Panda Grow did. Have to check with them about a custom build myself.

Panda Grow is CF Grow. They added that monitor after I had them make me a custom one that had a meter that shows wattage/amps/volts in real time.

They are made in china, but they're a brick shithouse. Mine fell straight from about 4 or 5 feet and all it did was put a little dent in the corner of the case. And I have the 6 Cob unit, isn't light by any means.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Panda Grow is CF Grow. They added that monitor after I had them make me a custom one that had a meter that shows wattage/amps/volts in real time.

They are made in china, but they're a brick shithouse. Mine fell straight from about 4 or 5 feet and all it did was put a little dent in the corner of the case. And I have the 6 Cob unit, isn't light by any means.

For real, my double is waaay bigger and heavier than I expected. I had a feeling they were the same company. Good call on the digital control. Now they should it set up in a master-slave configuration with a data cable as well as power when put in a daisy chain. That'll be ridiculously expensive but so f^ckin cool.

Do you have a grow log? Would love to see your set-up and custom light in action.

Just split my grow into indoor/outdoor...

(These lights produced a beautiful root system. They were brilliant white with big fat threads and huge hairs. Next time I transplant I'll take a pic.)

20180525 052628
20180524 183228

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

No grow log, just kinda post pictures from here and there. It's not my only light though. I have some 3030 SMD lights with a mixture of 2700K, 3000K, and 4000K

This was my last grow though.

Sick! Niiiice set-up man. That's some serious plush. You must buy the nice stuff for the same reason I do, aside from quality, aesthetics and symmetry are important to you too. Are those reflective cups on the COBs? Makes sense. You can still focus intensity while only losing 1% instead of 10%. It'd be basa$$ if they're rhodium plated.

You should consider doing a grow log. I'm sure we could learn a lot from you.

Homegrown365

Homegrown365

Forgot theme of this thread. Here's pics of 2x4x6 tent, 200watts, CXB3590 Cree COBs....Rock!!!
Great thread. Again,
Stay safe!!!
Success w/ya grow!!!

IMG 0224
IMG 0361
IMG 0485
IMG 0602
IMG 0605
Top Bottom