45k watt medical grow- RDWC

• Thread starter objon
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
O

objon

Updat w/pics

Well I just returned from a few days away. Sorry some questions went unanswered.

DJ-destroyer,
As for things I could improve upon. There are so many, i'm not sure where to start. I need more ventilation and that's on the way. I also continue to tweak my bucket systems, I've got some things on the drawing board that I think will out-perform my current system. I'm also expanding with another 8k watts in flower and thought I would try some Coco. I've never tried it but like what I see in other grows. Not giving up my hydro grow for sure, but will try coco in the expansion area. More on improvements to come later

Wowzerz,
I think veg time is dependent on too many factors to make a one size fits all time frame. I do think 3-5 weeks is a great window that should include most strains and give you flexibility. Too be honest, sometimes the girls go to 12/12 to early or too late around here in order to keep up the overall schedule.

The pics below are updates of the canopy on my sour d, just ended week 4
Followed by a couple of my Durban poison and Burmese kush, day before harvest. Then a couple of new shots of White widow at day 41.

I appreciate all comments and questions.

Grow5 009
Grow5 011
Grow5 019
Grow5 020
Grow5 022
Grow5 023
Grow5 026
Grow5 027
fd3swidow

fd3swidow

man beautiful girls you got there. But i do have a few questions. I did see in a few pics your running 3/4" lines but i do not see any feed or returns? could you please elaborate a bit as to how you feed them and what pumps your using as well?...Thanks a lot for the info I wish I was in CALI to be able to do it big like that!

O

objon

fd3swidow,
If you take a close look at the very last pic I posted it shows 1/2" top lines w/1/4" feeder rings on each bucket. These lines are all feed via a 1/3 wayne brand sump pump. At the bottom on each bucket either a 1/2 T or 1/2 L barb attaches to a 1/2" return line. All return lines (6 in my set up) flow to a central return bucket witch in-turn and on a timer returns the water to my 55 gal rez. Hope this answered your questions.

H

Hydrobaby

Best bubbling bucket setup I have seen to date. Nice fricken job bro!

O

objon

Greenthumbnewb,

Most of the photos I've taken show my main flowering room, it has 20k burning. The adjacent flowering room, shown in a few of the pics, where the lights are off, the flash is what's lighting up the room has 16k burning. My deep water room, shown in just two photos I believe, has 4600k lit up. That's nearly 41k. Besides that additional flowering space is being built which will take me over 45k. Originally I had a small quad on rockwool slabs that accounted for the other 4k of lighting.

MountainWalker

MountainWalker

Beautifully inspiring, keep up the good work. Do you find pests/diseases are harder to manage in a larger setup such as this?

O

objon

I think pests/disease are more difficult to manage in a large operation like this. Especially in my case where because of growth/expansion, I've got tradespeople in and out. That said I employ an integrated pest management system that has worked wonders. Simply stated an IPMS is a protocol of actions designed to keep pests in check and eventually eradicate them. We use several methods but the important part is the schedule...do it religiously....every time it's scheduled, it must be done. For example, every 4 days all our clones and pre-veg ladies are dipped, not sprayed but dipped in a sm-90/monterey bay solution. Every 4 days will disrupt the reproduction cycle of nearly any pest after 3 weeks. imo

Silver surfer, your so right about adding MH lighting. It's on my to do list...it's a long list though :-)

More pics tomorrow. I like the comments/questions, this is becoming fun for me

Greenthumbnewb

Greenthumbnewb

oh ok i get it, cool! Im the kind of guy that likes to see the whole room, Lights,AC,Scrubs,ect. dont hold it against me! Good Work My Man, and Thanks For Sharing

O

objon

update w/pics

Here are some pics of a full quad of Durban Poison at day 41 (today). The first few show the canopy and the last few some bud shots. This is one of my favorite strains to grow.

I've been thinking of making a separate thread in the Undercurrent section for my home-made UC. Here are a few pics after the net went up....couple days ago. I intentionally forced the plants down under the net and tried to spread out the ladies as much as possible.

Cheers

Grow7 001
Grow7 002
Grow7 004
Grow7 005
Grow7 006
Grow7 008
Grow6 001
Grow6 002
Grow6 050
Grow6 051
B

biggs

thats a serious setup. must of took alot of hard work setting it up. loving the idea of using them barrells. you'll get some serious trees using them, for sure. good luck with it mate.

F

floridagrower

wow nice grow.. would you be able to tell us estimate for harvest? always wondered what serious growers deal with

O

objon

Harvest update

Been super busy around here lately. These photos show some very dense white widow and some triched out King Kush.

Grow8 003
Grow8 004
Grow8 005
Grow8 006
Grow8 007
nuttso

nuttso

I think pests/disease are more difficult to manage in a large operation like this. Especially in my case where because of growth/expansion, I've got tradespeople in and out. That said I employ an integrated pest management system that has worked wonders. Simply stated an IPMS is a protocol of actions designed to keep pests in check and eventually eradicate them. We use several methods but the important part is the schedule...do it religiously....every time it's scheduled, it must be done. For example, every 4 days all our clones and pre-veg ladies are dipped, not sprayed but dipped in a sm-90/monterey bay solution. Every 4 days will disrupt the reproduction cycle of nearly any pest after 3 weeks. imo

Silver surfer, your so right about adding MH lighting. It's on my to do list...it's a long list though :-)

More pics tomorrow. I like the comments/questions, this is becoming fun for me

can you post that IPMS protocol? More detailed pls.

Top Bottom