45W led Panel - Will it do the trick?

• Thread starter constantine_greece
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
constantine_greece

constantine_greece

Hey guys! I recently bought a very cheap 45W led panel, and i was wondering, will it provide enough light for my plants to grow? Do i need to know something, like distance from the plants to the light source?

Thanks

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Depends on what you’re trying to do. If you’re trying to grow from seed to harvest yeah it’ll be a stretch but I’ve seen folks harvest under cfls so anything is possible. Maybe post a pic of the light and the specs. But regardless you’ll want to think your next move if you do start growing under it.

Humungus

Humungus

No , your canopy is small so should work fine with that wattage

growsince79

growsince79

No , your canopy is small so should work fine with that wattage
The canapy is 2 x 2. You need to see some of the grows here. People are getting 4-6 oz of dry bud off the new 100w lights. If you need 250w to make buds it might be time for you to upgrade.

Humungus

Humungus

Y
The canapy is 2 x 2. You need to see some of the grows here. People are getting 4-6 oz of dry bud off the new 100w lights. If you need 250w to make buds it might be time for you to upgrade.
50 watts per sq ft is what’s reguired so yours are ok for growing small plants in that space but if your growing big 8 to ten footers indoors you need the light penetration so that’s why I say what I say , every grow is different for different reasons , the bigger the grow the bigger the light requirements, one 8 ft Indica with a canopy of 5x5 need two powerful lights for penetration.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Hey guys! I recently bought a very cheap 45W led panel, and i was wondering, will it provide enough light for my plants to grow? Do i need to know something, like distance from the plants to the light source?

Thanks
You mentioned they were very cheap so you might consider buying another one of them, and that's still drawing very low wattage, good luck!

growsince79

growsince79

Y

50 watts per sq ft is what’s reguired so yours are ok for growing small plants in that space but if your growing big 8 to ten footers indoors you need the light penetration so that’s why I say what I say , every grow is different for different reasons , the bigger the grow the bigger the light requirements, one 8 ft Indica with a canopy of 5x5 need two powerful lights for penetration.
2 x 2 = 4 100 / 4 = 25. I"m using 25w/sqft. 30 would be better. 50w/sqft is overkill unless you have an air conditioned sealed room with co2. To grow an 8-10 foot plant indoors would require a 15' ceiling which I don't have. And it would be a huge waste of time, energy, and space.

Humungus

Humungus

Boy you sure are critical , talking to you was a waste of time not the 8 ft grow

Anthem

Anthem

Boy you sure are critical , talking to you was a waste of time not the 8 ft grow
Be Careful with what parts of this guys posts you believe. He is not honest and is possibly sponsored by one of the off shore LED manufacturers.

growsince79

growsince79

My apologies sir. Just trying to help you. Most home growers do themselves a major disservice when they try to grow trees in a closet. 4 -5 week veg max will give you more g/w/m then growing trees.

Humungus

Humungus

Plus I’m talking led lighting
Be Careful with what parts of this guys posts you believe. He is not honest and is possibly sponsored by one of the off shore LED manufacturers.
making false accusations will get you into trouble , so stop it

Humungus

Humungus

My apologies sir. Just trying to help you. Most home growers do themselves a major disservice when they try to grow trees in a closet. 4 -5 week veg max will give you more g/w/m then growing trees.
[/QUO. These were vegged outside till September, no choice but to move indoors cause of frost plus I’ve done this before with huge yields .

Humungus

Humungus

Ps there not in a closet , 8x7x12 ft with a canopy of 25 sq ft , with two 450 cobs works out nicely as I don’t care about the sq footage of the tent , it’s the canopy sq footage I’m after . I do indoor and green house as well , and no I’m not a salesman for some lighting place as this other guy claims me to be

Anthem

Anthem

Ps there not in a closet , 8x7x12 ft with a canopy of 25 sq ft , with two 450 cobs works out nicely as I don’t care about the sq footage of the tent , it’s the canopy sq footage I’m after . I do indoor and green house as well , and no I’m not a salesman for some lighting place as this other guy claims me to be
He may or may not be but he is dishonest

Top Bottom